Lebanese protest still ongoing, social distancing style (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:52:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Lebanese protest still ongoing, social distancing style (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lebanese protest still ongoing, social distancing style  (Read 317 times)
Umlilo
Rookie
« on: April 21, 2020, 10:17:59 PM »

I don't think there's any hope there. Most people just listen to whatever their za3im tells them. Maybe they wouldn't rely so much on them if the government could actually take care of the needs of its people, but there's no way for that to happen if people just continue to vote how they're told to. It's a vicious cycle.

My conclusion is that Lebanon's system of state-sanctioned sectarianism is a cancer, and shouldn't be emulated by other countries.
Umlilo
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:50:12 PM »

I don't think there's any hope there. Most people just listen to whatever their za3im tells them. Maybe they wouldn't rely so much on them if the government could actually take care of the needs of its people, but there's no way for that to happen if people just continue to vote how they're told to. It's a vicious cycle.

My conclusion is that Lebanon's system of state-sanctioned sectarianism is a cancer, and shouldn't be emulated by other countries.
I mean the fact that many are waking up that the current system is trash, and doing something like this, is a step in the right direction.
I can guarantee you that most of these people think that their tribe (and their tribe only) are the true leaders of the revolution. And even if that weren't the case, it isn't in the interests of other countries for the confessional system to be dismantled, so it'll never happen until there's another civil war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies