WV-Club for Growth poll: Trump almost at 70% vs. Biden/Sanders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:12:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WV-Club for Growth poll: Trump almost at 70% vs. Biden/Sanders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Club for Growth poll: Trump almost at 70% vs. Biden/Sanders  (Read 5077 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 16, 2020, 07:23:39 PM »

If Trump is only winning WV 66-31, he is probably losing the EC. I would take this result in a heartbeat.

If he wins WV by 35 points, compared to the 41 points he won it by in 2016, it almost certainly means he's losing PA because he's not getting the margins he needs in the T, and quite possibly NC and GA as well.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 12:42:05 PM »

This is an odd poll for the Club for Growth to release, considering that Trump defeated Clinton here 68-26. If these swings were replicated nationally, it would point to a fairly decisive Democratic victory.

I don't know what the point of pressuring Manchin not to indict is, since it doesn't matter either way. I guess if Manchin still wants to win an election in WV he should vote against it; I think the conventional wisdom is that he will seek to return to the governorship in 2024.
It's also worth remembering that these are the voters most committed to and invested in him, and if he's losing ground with them, he could be losing even more ground in de-industrialized areas of the rust belt and the rural midwest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies