Colorado 2020 U.S. House Redistricting Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Colorado 2020 U.S. House Redistricting Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado 2020 U.S. House Redistricting Discussion  (Read 26877 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 13, 2020, 07:18:51 AM »

Can you provide a color key for your results? I wish I had the DRA color order memorized, but I don’t.

This is a very minor point, but Routt County (Steamboat Springs) is more Democratic than nearby counties and would pair well with the Boulder district rather than the primarily agricultural counties to its west. Rabbit Ears Pass connects it with the Front Range is warm weather.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »

Thank you! I can see how the similarities to current districts would mean this key might not be necessary.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »

How much of Boulder is in CO-3? Hard to tell with this map. Off top of my head it looks 5-3 but I need to know more about Boulder. The writing obscures it a bit.

Almost all of Boulder’s population is in the eastern half of the county. I doubt there’s much in this district.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »

Not getting all hate Democrats are giving this map on Twitter. It's a 4D-3R-1 lean D map and that seems about right to me. As long as Denver is kept as whole as possible (as it should under a commission map IMO) the median district is going to be to the right of the state as a whole. If Democrats can't win a Biden +4.6 district in a state that is likely to keep moving left then they have big problems.
Dems are mad because without the commission we'd get a 7-1 map and even this proportionally partisan map makes a lot of weird choices that deviate from COI.

How do you not end up with at least 2 R districts - one in Colorado Springs and one in the rurals?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

So if they can’t agree, the third staff plan goes to the Supreme Court to approve?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies