MI Sen Peters leading James in Baldwin Wallace poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:28:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MI Sen Peters leading James in Baldwin Wallace poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI Sen Peters leading James in Baldwin Wallace poll  (Read 681 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2020, 02:24:40 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2020, 02:28:02 PM by Cory Booker »

https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteBlue/comments/esfbsb/misen_poll_baldwin_wallace_university_gary_peters/?utm_source=ifttt

PETERS 42
JAMES 32
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »

This same poll has Trump losing Michigan by 13...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »

Also, 42% for an incumbent is pretty weak.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »

There are clearly a lot of undecided in this poll, but Peters losing is unlikely.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 03:40:50 PM »

What's the point of a poll with 26% of undecideds ?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »

Guys, this poll is made from a post from a nutjob who thinks AK, MT, and TN will flip (atlas) red in 2020. Trust the aggregate from RCP more than a single poll and never trust a poll posted by this guy. That's what I've learned.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »

Also, 42% for an incumbent is pretty weak.

That rule goes out the window when you have absurd undecideds.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 07:05:27 PM »

Guys, this poll is made from a post from a nutjob who thinks AK, MT, and TN will flip (atlas) red in 2020. Trust the aggregate from RCP more than a single poll and never trust a poll posted by this guy. That's what I've learned.

2008 Dema took 9 seats,, it's not unthinkable when Trump is trailing by 10 percent to Biden or Bernie.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 07:35:56 PM »

2008 Dema took 9 seats,, it's not unthinkable when Trump is trailing by 10 percent to Biden or Bernie.

ok, let's play your game. Ahem. 2014 Republicans took 9 seats. This means Donald trump can win in a landslide as under the right conditions, NJ, IL, NH, VA, MI, MN, OR, and NM can flip! When Trump pulls ahead by double digits and the race will not tighten during the election because apparently, elections never tighten, he'll win in a massive landslide against Warren or Buttigeig and will have close to a Super majority in the Senate.

See how stupid your reasoning is? The political climate of 2008 is VERY DIFFERENT from 2020. There is no massive recession on Donald Trump and the Republican's rear end, the polls have the chance of tightening and making the race closer, polls can sometimes be wrong, especially if you trust a single poll rather than an Aggregation. Meanwhile, the Democrats have shown to have little to no charisma from their debate performances (even CNN admitted this in the last debate!) and Trump will likely close in for the kill once the Nominee is decided.

I'm not saying that Trump will win, nor am I saying that the Dem will win. If Trump loses in a landslide, then I'll be shocked, but I'll accept it and admit you were right. However, if the race becomes dangerously close (Which it very likely will) or if somehow Trump pulls off a landslide (Unlikely but slim possibility), then you'd have to admit you were wrong.

Anyways, to the topic at hand, these are all very interesting results, but I think this poll deserves to be in the trashbin and deserves to be forgotten about. Polls with >7% Undecideds are the better option and most of those polls shows Peters having a 4% lead or maybe even a narrower lead. IIRC James was down by 13 in 2018 only to improve from his polling by 7 points. if he repeats that same ability in 2020, we could be looking at Senator John James. Remember guys, anything is possible.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 12:23:56 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2020, 12:30:05 AM by MT Treasurer »

This is something like the third or fourth "poll" showing Peters underperforming the Dem nominee by 3 points. It won’t matter if the presidential race is a Democratic blowout, but it sure will if it ends up being fairly close.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 10:42:02 PM »

ok, let's play your game. Ahem. 2014 Republicans took 9 seats. This means Donald trump can win in a landslide as under the right conditions, NJ, IL, NH, VA, MI, MN, OR, and NM can flip! When Trump pulls ahead by double digits and the race will not tighten during the election because apparently, elections never tighten, he'll win in a massive landslide against Warren or Buttigeig and will have close to a Super majority in the Senate.

See how stupid your reasoning is? The political climate of 2008 is VERY DIFFERENT from 2020. There is no massive recession on Donald Trump and the Republican's rear end, the polls have the chance of tightening and making the race closer, polls can sometimes be wrong, especially if you trust a single poll rather than an Aggregation. Meanwhile, the Democrats have shown to have little to no charisma from their debate performances (even CNN admitted this in the last debate!) and Trump will likely close in for the kill once the Nominee is decided.

I'm not saying that Trump will win, nor am I saying that the Dem will win. If Trump loses in a landslide, then I'll be shocked, but I'll accept it and admit you were right. However, if the race becomes dangerously close (Which it very likely will) or if somehow Trump pulls off a landslide (Unlikely but slim possibility), then you'd have to admit you were wrong.

Anyways, to the topic at hand, these are all very interesting results, but I think this poll deserves to be in the trashbin and deserves to be forgotten about. Polls with >7% Undecideds are the better option and most of those polls shows Peters having a 4% lead or maybe even a narrower lead. IIRC James was down by 13 in 2018 only to improve from his polling by 7 points. if he repeats that same ability in 2020, we could be looking at Senator John James. Remember guys, anything is possible.
silence thot, do not question owalakandi
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies