Arizona (PPP) - Kelly +4 over McSally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Arizona (PPP) - Kelly +4 over McSally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Arizona (PPP) - Kelly +4 over McSally  (Read 1704 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »

Mark Kelly 46%
Martha McSally 42%

McSally approval = 37/47 (-10)

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/democratic-unity-will-determine-trumps-fate/
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »

NICE
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 11:11:30 AM »

Another day, another poll showing McSally underperforming Trump. But I'm sure that's impossible because McSally is "moderate" or something like that.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 11:16:22 AM »

Another day, another poll showing McSally underperforming Trump. But I'm sure that's impossible because McSally is "moderate" or something like that.

Didn’t you know, Republicans are guaranteed to hold every state Trump wins in the presidential race, even NC, GA, and AZ, and even if he only wins by less than 1%. #polarization

Lean D, I think MI is probably more competitive.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »

Didn’t you know, Republicans are guaranteed to hold every state Trump wins in the presidential race, even NC, GA, and AZ, and even if he only wins by less than 1%. #polarization

It would be very interesting to see Atlas react to McSally and Peters simultaneously losing, especially if Trump narrowly won AZ and narrowly lost MI.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »

McSally doesn't have the excuse of a messy primary this time around. If she loses while Trump carries the state, it'll be entirely her fault.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »

Kelly is gonna win
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 11:25:51 AM »

Why does McSally keep underperforming anyway? Are her campaign skills lackluster? Is she uncharismatic in person?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 11:46:44 AM »

It would be very interesting to see Atlas react to McSally and Peters simultaneously losing, especially if Trump narrowly won AZ and narrowly lost MI.

Unlikely, but Collins and Ernst can win, while Jones loses, and Dems recapture Senate
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 11:50:24 AM »

Stay in your 2016 trend wet dreams, lol. Peters is not going to lose.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2020, 12:01:24 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Why does McSally keep underperforming anyway? Are her campaign skills lackluster? Is she uncharismatic in person?

A big part of it is likely that she lost the election in 2018 but was basically handed a Senate seat anyway.  

That already sets her back from the beginning of the campaign and gives the attack ads a script to follow.

She lost the 2018 election.  So why is Martha McSally in the Senate?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »

That's not really comparable, democrats have a very strong candidate in AZ (Kelly is probably a A- candidate) while they have weak ones in GA + NC ; that's why Perdue will likely outrun Trump by a few points, while Tillis will likely win (or lose) by a similar margin than Trump. McSally on the other hand could easily underperform Trump a bit, not because she is a bad candidate but because she is facing a strong opponent
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 12:34:31 PM »

She is not a bad candidate but she has a lot of bad luck, in 2018 she faced Sinema who is a great candidate and now she is facing another good candidate, but by most standards she is a credible candidate too, she is raising money in good amount, she has a good story to tell, she is not a extremist, a military background……
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »

She is not a bad candidate but she has a lot of bad luck, in 2018 she faced Sinema who is a great candidate and now she is facing another good candidate, but by most standards she is a credible candidate too, she is raising money in good amount, she has a good story to tell, she is not a extremist, a military background……

But is she an inspiring candidate?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 01:20:16 PM »

Stay in your 2016 trend wet dreams, lol. Peters is not going to lose.

You honestly think I want Peters to lose? lol, you'll notice that I do have him winning in my prediction. Not sure someone who thinks Peters can't possibly lose should be lecturing me about "wet dreams", anyway.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »

AZ, KS, KY and CO are more likely to flip than ME and IA, female senators are hard to defeat
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 04:03:50 PM »

Freedom poll! Honestly, It wouldn't surprise me if Mark Kelly slightly outperforms the presidential candidate, even if it's Joe Biden. He might even defeat McSally while Bernie narrowly loses the state if nominated.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »

It's only right we elect Kelly . We lost our senatorial astronaut when Nelson got the boot in 2018 and Constitutionally we should always have at least 1.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »

Don't underestimate Mohave.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:49 PM »

Agreed.  This is a Trump high point in most state/national polling and McSally still can't even tie it.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:38 PM »

Didn't save McSally the last time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »

AZ voted R for Gov and D for Senate,  it's a Sunbelt state and it can happen again, vote R for Trump and D for Kelly
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 01:20:12 AM »

No, she's a loser and everyone knows it! Losing a key Senate seat and then getting another one as a consolation prize looks shady as hell. She's going to lose worse than last time.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2020, 02:35:23 AM »

No, she's a loser and everyone knows it! Losing a key Senate seat and then getting another one as a consolation prize looks shady as hell. She's going to lose worse than last time.

What are you trying to say ? The question was about  the reasons she was underperforming expectation, your post doesn't make sense
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 02:37:25 AM »

But is she an inspiring candidate?

The answer probably depends of what do you mean by being ''inspiring'' ; personnaly I don't find her inspiring but very few candidates fit this criteria in my eyes   
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies