VT-Gov 2020: Lt. Governor Zuckerman planning to run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VT-Gov 2020: Lt. Governor Zuckerman planning to run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VT-Gov 2020: Lt. Governor Zuckerman planning to run  (Read 7954 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: January 08, 2020, 01:59:31 AM »

With Zuckerman, Lean R. Without him, Safe R
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 04:22:30 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2020, 04:57:52 AM by smoltchanov »

Seems to be a good man, but I'm rooting for Governor Phil Scott and would vote for him. He leads the state with pragmatism, is moderate and scandal-free. No need to replace him.
Found your reason to replace him. I don't care how moderate the Republican is, a progressive Democrat will always be better. Period.

Idiocy. Period. (A lot of "progressive Democrats" are as fanatical, intolerant and dumb to the core as their right-wing opponents. The ONLY difference - they are left-wing idiots, not right-wing)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:52:40 AM »

Seems to be a good man, but I'm rooting for Governor Phil Scott and would vote for him. He leads the state with pragmatism, is moderate and scandal-free. No need to replace him.
Found your reason to replace him. I don't care how moderate the Republican is, a progressive Democrat will always be better. Period.

Idiocy. Period. (A lot of "progressive Democrats" are as fanatical, intolerant and dumb to the core as their right-wing opponents. The ONLY difference - they are left-wing idiots, not right-wing)

Are you really implying centrists/moderates are smarter than ideologies? Because the centrists I think of that come to mind in both parties (Van Drew, Manchin, Collins, Coons) come across as far dumber than ideologues like Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Adam Schiff, Warren, and DeSantis, just to name a few

On topic though, this will probably be a good race. Phil Scott’s victory was kind of unimpressive in 2018 when you consider he ran against a complete rando.

We have different criteria of what's being dumb and intolerant. I will easily take Manchin and Coons over both Cruz and Warren, for example. And - yes, i consider them to be more smart.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 08:25:56 AM »

Well, JBE was vulnerable too and still - won. The people of Louisiana were smart. I hope, that people of Vermont and New Hampshire will be smart too.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:59:16 PM »

Then we agree to disagree. I prefer moderate Republicans like Phil Scott or Charlie Baker over staunch left-wing Democrats or Justice Democrats. I also prefer them over socially conservative Democrats. If Phil Scott was running against John Bel Edwards, I'd support Scott.

In Vermont - exactly my thoughts too. In Louisiana - i would support JBE. But i absolutely abhor staunch left-wingers and Justice Democrats (just as i abhor staunch right-wingers and tea-party types)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 12:04:31 AM »

This. Vote blue almost no matter who.

Thanks, but - no. Prefer people and hate parties. ALL parties, including BOTH present day Democratic AND Republican.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »

If Democrats waste a single dollar here they are complete morons. Defeating Scott achieves literally nothing (no redistricting, Dem supermajorities, special election in 90 days if either Senator resigns/dies) and that's money that could be used in endless Senate races or competitive gubernatorial ones (such as the state next door where getting rid of Sununu so he can't run for Senate in 2022 should be imperative).

Because change clearly doesn't achieve anything at all. Oh wait that's exactly what would happen if Zuckerman won. Apparently having a "FF" moderate is more important to some people, than getting progressive change done.

Getting reasonable "FF" moderate is really more important for some people, then getting unreasonable (to put it mildly) "bold progressive"....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 02:43:40 AM »

Apparently nobody knows anything about actual issues and important people in Vermont

Stop trying to nationalize this, this applies to everybody left, right, or centre

Well, mostly agree. Though not 100%))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »

If Democrats waste a single dollar here they are complete morons. Defeating Scott achieves literally nothing (no redistricting, Dem supermajorities, special election in 90 days if either Senator resigns/dies) and that's money that could be used in endless Senate races or competitive gubernatorial ones (such as the state next door where getting rid of Sununu so he can't run for Senate in 2022 should be imperative).

Because change clearly doesn't achieve anything at all. Oh wait that's exactly what would happen if Zuckerman won. Apparently having a "FF" moderate is more important to some people, than getting progressive change done.

Getting reasonable "FF" moderate is really more important for some people, then getting unreasonable (to put it mildly) "bold progressive"....

What is and what is not reasonable is a subjective thing, so calling progressives "unreasonable" as a whole is a mischaracterisation(to put it mildly. Tell me what is unreasonable about wanting the US, or in this case Vermont to be more like the rest of the developed world? But no clearly it's more important to have reasonable moderate "heroes" like Phil Scott, who only want to incrementally improve the lives of the citizens they govern, rather than someone who will drastically improve the lives of the citizens they govern through the popular policies they advocate. Apparently wanting the US to be more like the rest of the developed world is somehow bad?

Every country is unique, so US must NOT imitate "rest of the developed world" - first. In addition - "the developed world" is not homogenuos either - that's second. And - i never met (in my 62 years) a "bold progressive" leader, who was able  to "drastically improve the lives of the citizens they govern through the popular policies they advocate" - third. And don't believe, that Zuckerman is an exception from that rule.... On the other hand - i know a lot of "bold progressive leaders" who were able to bring havoc and almost destuction to their countries, but - it's another matter. You probably know, where the "road of good intentions" usually leads. People of Vermont chose Scott twice despite voting overwhelmingly Democratic in almost all races - is it not the sign of their general satisfaction with his leadership?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 11:59:26 PM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 11:20:35 PM »

Well, typical reaction from both groups of idiots (right-wing and left wing) during and after elections is, essentially the same. First: "we have excellent chances, our candidates are great, people will "teach them a lesson""". Then: "oh, sh**t!! The people are stupid!! F**k this night!!!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies