Official Canada elections result thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Official Canada elections result thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Canada elections result thread  (Read 14104 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »

I thought that CBC won't have results until 10pm EST?
Under Elections Canada Law they cannot broadcast election results to areas where voting is still going on. I decided to post the results from Wikipedia anyway:

Liberals 23
Tories 12
Bloc 1
NDP 4

Liberal landslide!  It is OVER people.

Tongue

dude, you invested in PharmaCanada or what?!  get over yourself. 

I make it
cpc80
lpc72
ndp23
bq16
so far.
I'm getting constant updates on CSPAN fyi.   changing fast...

seems I've underestimated the conservative party.  oops.

"It's very very early going, but it seems to be all abooooooout conservatives breaking through here in ontariooooo."
  --Wendy something.

What's this?!  Sweet winning in Hamilton?  Ask me about my Hamilton/Jehovah's Witnesses story sometime.  Crazy town, Hamilton is.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »

can we at least agree that grits are the negro equivalent of what mexicans call tortillas de maiz?  at least chemically, that is.  albeit, the latter is shaped as a soft disc that you wrap around chicken to make a taco.  but you get the point.  no wonder my people don't understand your politics.

Okay, seems I underestimated both the cpc and the lpc.  and overestimated the power of francophone chauvinism.  actually, the latter isn't a bad deal.  you boys really don't want your own little internal kurdistan.  the fact that quebecois have surrendered to federalism is best for all of us.  what really astonishes me is that I largely ignored Vorlon's posts and overestimated the NDP votegetting based on a number of NDP sigs.  Once again we see that this forum doesn't well represent the populace.  not that this is a bad thing, after all, with the exception of a few trolls, the people here seem fairly well informed and fairly open to the ideas of others.

so, I make it 123/101/50/32/1 at this point, looking at CSPAN.  (wow, the greens actually won a seat.  I'm a little taken aback.  in terms of underestimation, I got that one most wrong, since 1 divided by zero is infinity.  so I was infinitely incorrect there.  Greens are about as bizarre as they come.  and that comes from a dues-paying, meeting-attending member of the Sierra Club.  So I do think I speak from some experience.)

No real surprises though.  Harper is the prime minister, and likely the ndp doesn't have quite enough votes to give them a majority bloc.  So it's gridlock.  (Americans will assure you this is a very very good thing, in case you don't realize this.  If they're not passing laws, then they're not screwing things up.)  So all in all, Canadians have a hearty congrats coming to them, for electing a government that seems poised for gridlock.  I'm quite serious.  You do not want any part of the US/UK imperialist objective in the middle east, and it's unlikely that you'll get it.  Beyond that, you'll be forced to scale back your costly welfare programs, which is also a good thing.  It's pretty much what an american Libertarian would call a perfect storm.  Good show.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »

yeah, IND-1.  so that's not green?  all the better.  again congrats.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:28:56 PM »

I'm getting 124/102/50/31/1 now. 

ah, there it is, a little sidebar.  on the side.   Oddly, in the sidebar they say GRN and color it green.  Seems odd.  Well, anyway, we seem to have underestimated the vote getting ability of the two major parties and overestimated the next two.  that just me?  well, okay, anyway, the fact that CPC+NDP equals less than 155 is a good thing for you.

some other stats:  toronto metro - no representation of the governing party.  not good for toronto.  (just ask new yorkers how bad this sucks)
prarie areas - cpc actually doing better than last time.  (?!)

ah, , now we have to listen to some lame bleach-blonde with a canadian accent make a bimbo acceptance speech.  I'd let her do me, though.  she's sort of politico-hot, know what I mean.  dog around really hot chicks, but compared to most of the women in politics, she's quite fetching.  Long german last name.  I'm looking in a mirror.  Looks like stornach.  ouch, her first line is "man, man.  we did it.  we did it.  we did it..."  ouch.  what a bimbo.  I'll post again when she's off the tube.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »

okay, now we have a michael musto type character, but less gay, called John Baird.  Actually, he's fairly butch.  He's knows when to shut up.  Could teach US politicos a thing or two.

Okay, here we go...
analysis.

balding guy with canadian accent back on.  serious:

adjustment:  123/105/50/29/1

yes, I get it.  the 1 is not green.  I see the little sidebar.  thanks.

ooh, now there's a guy that watches US television on now.  dumbass little "soulpatch"  dude, buy a ffffing razor.  man, that whole soulpatch thing is so last decade.  last century.  hell, last millenium come to think of it.  anyway, they're talking about the gomary (sp?) scandal.  yeah, I remember that from the NYT.  (all the news that's fit to print)  yeah, major confusion.  good to know that kannucks aren't above that.  stupid shheet.  don't follow your southern neighbors down that slippery slope.  scandals and all that.

oooooh, very sexy jamaican black man now.  long and hard, you know it.

well, anyway, the sound bites are getting somewhat hard to follow.  short and sweet.  wow, youze guys have even shorten attention spans than we do, apparently.  that's embarassing.  anyway, congrats on the gridlock.

ag, somebody always gets the pork.  seriously, you're a wise guy.  you know that.  just look at BCS and its propensity to go with the PRD instead of the PRI.  makes the pan people happy enough to accomodate them.

actually, it seemslike a satisfactory result all around.  the cpc is happy for the gains, but the others are happy that the gains aren't as big as some people (not I!) predicted.  Not unlike some recent US elections.  The speaker of the house is retained.  Peter Milliken.  I like the way the balding guy with the canadian accent doesn't push too hard.  Not like Matthews on MSNBC.  In fact,very much the antithesis of Olbermann/Matthews, O'Reilly, Cooper, etc.  Refreshing.  CBC anchors would never get a job in New York.  (and that's not an insult to them, believe me.)

Whoa, a dorky asian woman with a dorky asian accent.  outside SF bay area, she'd not win in the USA.  Chow they spell her name.  I think that might be Zhou in the american transliteration system.  I had a physics prof named Zhou.  she's a NDP person.  Yeah, you'd expect that, stereotypically.  intrusive gov't when it comes to economics (compared to GOP anyway) but not nearly so intrusive when it comes to all that Nixonian BS.  "I will work to make child poverty history"  Yeah, sister, sure you will.  Nice line, anyway.  Hey, it won you a seat.  You go, girl.

Well, I got stuff to do.  g'night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies