Official Canada elections result thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:17:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Official Canada elections result thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Canada elections result thread  (Read 14077 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: January 23, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

In Quebec (leading and elected):
Bloc 41
Liberal 8
Tory 9

C-SPAN right now has the CBC on, just like in may when they had the BBC for the British Election.

Am I reading that right? The Tories have gone from 0 seats to 9!!! That is terrible. Vorlon predicted 6 if I recall.

They just said on CBC that Martin is trailing by 3 votes in his riding, 89-92. Shocked
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

In Quebec (leading and elected):
Bloc 41
Liberal 8
Tory 9

C-SPAN right now has the CBC on, just like in may when they had the BBC for the British Election.

Am I reading that right? The Tories have gone from 0 seats to 9!!! That is terrible. Vorlon predicted 6 if I recall.

They just said on CBC that Martin is trailing by 3 votes in his riding, 89-92. Shocked
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 10:38:03 PM »

The Globe & Mail Inter-active map has zero data so far, and the CBC only has National level results. Is there a better site to go to right now?
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 10:49:23 PM »

The grits are beating expectations, correct?  Some people had them behind the Bloc.

Yes.

Well, some people's expectations.  I expected something like this; it's exactly like the last election where there was a Liberal surge on Election Day, mainly because people didn't want to admit they were voting Liberal.

Perhaps I'm not such a freak for supporting the Liberals after all Smiley

Disclaimer- I also hope the NDP does very well too
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »

Plugging the current percentages from the Globe and Mail into the Hill and Knowlton predictor we get:

Lib: 87
Con: 134
BQ: 54
NDP: 33
IND: 1

That would be very close to Vorlon's Prediction of:

Tories      128
Liberals   85
BQ           57
NDP         38
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:57:45 PM »

One remarkable thing is that Conservatives seem to be actually losing seats in the British Columbia (on current results they will go down from 22 to 18, with grits dropping from 8 to 5 and NDP going from 5 to 12; there had been 1 independent). Their main gains are in Quebec and Ontario. Elsewhere, it is sparse (only 2 seats in Atlantic Canada, with the Libs still winning every province there). Of course, there wasn't much to gain in the Praries: they took both seats they hadn't controlled in Alberta (with the grits keeping their one seat in Saskatchewan).

Gabu or Dean or someone else said that trends in British Columbia are often the exact opposite of the rest of Canada. Looks like they were right.

On another note, there's a Quebec MP named Pablo Rodriguez. I don't think the province has many Hispanics, whats up with that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies