🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:50:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021  (Read 74408 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: January 12, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »

Could like Germany, Greens replace SPO as main centre-left alternative.  I feel today Greens are better suited for modern day left than are social democrats.  Blue collar workers in smaller communities seem to be drifting rightward so I think tough to win them back although perhaps if like Denmark's social democrats, they combined left of centre economic policies with tough on immigration maybe but that might alienate the immigrant community and their urban educated class.  By contrast Greens are more centered on younger and urban voters and I believe the future of the left is with urban educated class not working class.  That being said US and Canada it is a bit easier as their left are Liberals not social democrats and I find the upper middle class are fine voting Liberal, but social democrat or Green is a bridge too far.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »

Final result for the Burgenland state election:

A very regional election result.

But still a very stunning result for the almost-voiceless SPÖ governor, in the current political climate which has turned sharply against the SPÖ.

As I have said before Dosko managed to gain from all parties because he’s a really popular and populist, pragmatic politician who easily connects with the working-class.

And in the Lower Austrian municipal elections, it seems the ÖVP cemented their strong position in the 567 towns which voted today.

Is the party tough on immigration as looking at Danish result and looking at how right wing populists are gaining more from traditional left than traditional centre-right, perhaps the new formula for left is hardline on immigration combined with left wing economic policies.  Off course might only work in areas with no metropolitan areas as those are different, but I see Greens being the future of your young urban woke types however Burgenland is pretty rural and lacks any large metro area.  Only real large cosmopolitan metro area in Austria is Vienna.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »

I know they only got 2%, but what is the Beer party about?  Is it some joke party or is there something serious about it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies