🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021  (Read 74269 times)
Flyersfan232

« on: January 30, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »

Cold War between coalition partners ÖVP and Greens over the deportation of 3 young Armenian and Georgian students (already born in Austria) and their families:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000123699588/nach-der-schuelerinnen-abschiebung-kracht-es-im-koalitionsgebaelk

The ÖVP-led Interior Ministry deportation officers rounded up the families up for deportation last night, put them in planes and deported them.

All their asylum requests since 2005 or so have been denied several times by Austrian courts, including the high court.

Not only are the Greens accusing the ÖVP of being heartless and ruthless, President VdB is also attacking the ÖVP. Just like the SPÖ and NEOS.

I don't really find that surprising (as a Green voter myself): it was always pretty clear that eventually a controversial deportation would come up and risk the coalition. This is an area where many Greens don't really agree with the rule of law.
Would the ovp and fpo be willing to bury the hatchet if things go south with the greens? At the very least the fpo backing the government from outside?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 01:18:41 PM »

Cold War between coalition partners ÖVP and Greens over the deportation of 3 young Armenian and Georgian students (already born in Austria) and their families:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000123699588/nach-der-schuelerinnen-abschiebung-kracht-es-im-koalitionsgebaelk

The ÖVP-led Interior Ministry deportation officers rounded up the families up for deportation last night, put them in planes and deported them.

All their asylum requests since 2005 or so have been denied several times by Austrian courts, including the high court.

Not only are the Greens accusing the ÖVP of being heartless and ruthless, President VdB is also attacking the ÖVP. Just like the SPÖ and NEOS.

I don't really find that surprising (as a Green voter myself): it was always pretty clear that eventually a controversial deportation would come up and risk the coalition. This is an area where many Greens don't really agree with the rule of law.
Would the ovp and fpo be willing to bury the hatchet if things go south with the greens? At the very least the fpo backing the government from outside?

Nobody really wants to work with the federal ÖVP these days.

Not the Greens, not the FPÖ, not the SPÖ.

Even many Greens in the govt right now with them are quietly saying that the power-hungry ÖVP is a ruthless, backstabbing entity that will do everything to destroy their smaller coalition partners with shady methods.

First, the ÖVP planted moles inside the SPÖ, which destroyed the SPÖ from the inside and as a result blew up the SPÖVP coalition.

Then, they organized (or at least aided the release and circulation of) the Ibiza-video that blew up their coalition with the FPÖ.

Now, they are using deportations of well-integrated children and other smear tactics to decimate their current coalition partner - the Greens.
if i was neos i would considering this after the next election
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 08:39:03 PM »

if i was neos i would considering this after the next election

Before thinking about this, ÖVP/NEOS would need a majority.

Which is far from certain.
Some recent polls showed it possible I believe
Flyersfan232

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 09:21:45 PM »

any up coming elections?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »

I haven’t seen anything on the presidential election next year could someone give us insight on what we know so far?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 07:27:51 PM »

New Puls24/IFDD poll:

Worst result for the ÖVP since fall 2019, also kinda the worst numbers for the Greens since then.

All opposition parties are gaining ground.

43% say that ÖVP-Greens will fall apart before their term is up in 2024
42% say it will hold the full term (lol)

Die Online-Umfrage wurde vom Institut für Demoskopie & Datenanalyse im Auftrag von PULS 24 durchgeführt. Im Zeitraum vom 24. Bis zum 30. März 2021 wurden dafür 802 Personen online befragt. Die Schwankungsbreite liegt bei +/- 3,5 Prozent.

https://www.puls24.at/news/politik/die-grosse-puls-24-umfrage-oevp-mit-niedrigstem-wert-seit-2019-liegt-aber-immer-noch-deutlich-voran/230814
If greens ovp fall apart will the ovp team up with the fpo or go for new election so Kurtz and go for a chance to screw neons too
Flyersfan232

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 12:13:14 AM »

New Market/Standard poll has the SPÖ at the highest level in 2 years:

36% ÖVP
26% SPÖ
15% FPÖ
12% Greens
10% NEOS
  1% Others

48% ÖVP-Greens
51% SPÖ-FPÖ-NEOS

51% ÖVP-FPÖ
48% SPÖ-Greens-NEOS

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000125587095/tuerkis-gruene-koalition-hat-laut-umfrage-ihre-mehrheit-verloren
Ovp fpo neos?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 04:57:56 AM »

Norbert Hofer not ruling out a re-match with President Van der Bellen ?

Hear hear:

I will make this decision after the election in Upper Austria. I also have to discuss it with my family.

In any case, that doesn't sound like it's completely out of the world.

No, that's not entirely out of the world.

Do you think you could win against Alexander Van der Bellen ?

It used to be said that it is impossible to win against an incumbent president. Much has become possible in the meantime. I think it's doable. But it wouldn't be an easy task.

And further below in the interview:

How do you assess the corona management of the turquoise-green government?

A lot of things have already gone wrong. This also applies to the Federal President. Not only can one say that the Constitution is beautiful and elegant. It must also be defended and intervened when it is broken. A Federal President can either take a position or he can invite the government to meet and hold talks. I hear that Alexander Van der Bellen thought every day about when he would finally speak up. I would have been more involved as president. I think the reluctance was too great. But his biggest mistake was to set up a government that doesn't have a majority in parliament. Of course it was gone after a few days.

https://www.krone.at/2419828

What about the avb and others?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 04:55:48 PM »

What do these events mean for the fpo
Flyersfan232

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 08:39:37 AM »

He doesn't want to be ÖVP leader and thinks the Chancellor should also lead the ÖVP. Nehammer is much more of a party machine guy than Schallenberg. It would be strange if one were party leader and the other Chancellor. Essentially, with Nehammer now leading the ÖVP, the party shifted back from "turquoise" to "black", into the hands of the old party elite of which Nehammer is part.
Wats the difference
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies