🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021  (Read 74331 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« on: January 26, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »

So Greens will not be needed in place of FPO. Neither FPO in place of FPO.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 06:15:33 PM »

Why new SPO leader is so unpopular? Are there any potential replacements for her?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »

Austria very recently said goodbye to last coal powered power plant on its territory. I think this is noteworthy news, also from political perspective.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »

Austria very recently said goodbye to last coal powered power plant on its territory. I think this is noteworthy news, also from political perspective.

This is a welcome development.

No nuclear energy, no coal.

How on Earth is having no nuclear energy a welcome development? If only the rest of Europe was like France (where nuclear is the main way to produce electricity) maybe we could actually reduce CO2 emissions and what not.

Austrians and Germans have weird fetish of hating nuclear energy for no good reason. And they are bullying other countries to close their nuclear plants like Pacs in Hungary or Temelin in Czech Republic. I am not some weird nuclear energy fanboy and I see some issues with that source of energy (cost of building, know-how needed from countries like France, where EDF/Areva have problems with realisation of their current projects etc.) but German-speaking countries are simply nuts with their anti-nuclear prejudices.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 11:54:16 AM »

As a Green Party voter I of course vigorously oppose nuclear energy.

Nuclear energy is highly dangerous (see contamination in Central Europe through winds from Ukraine). The soil is still poisoned here and children born with hydrocephalus or short arms.

I prefer renewable energy such as water, wind, solar and biomass.

Nuclear energy wouldn’t be needed if there were no overpopulation like we currently have everywhere. And the growth fetishists keep on promoting having kids and large families (see India, Pakistan and what else ...)

Nuclear energy in current state is nothing comparable to the old Soviet technologies. Not even mentioning that renewables are still not stable sources of energy, not all countries have the same conditions for wind, water or solar energy plants. Technologies of energy storage are still in development stage. For countries with still existing heavy industry like Poland renewables are not enough in the short run.

And we do not have overpopulation not even to mention that fertility rates fall down everywhere (and China even is starting to have problems because of that).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies