🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:51:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austrian Elections & Politics 6.0 - Upper Austria election: 26 Sept. 2021  (Read 74050 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2020, 08:39:00 AM »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Didn't think you were *that* right leaning tbh.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »

For the first time in years, the Vienna-SPÖ hits 40% in the new Ö24 poll out today:

40% SPÖ
21% ÖVP
13% Greens
12% FPÖ
7% NEOS
5% THC
2% Others

The 40% is also exactly what the party got in 2015.

12% is also the FPÖ's best poll result this year.

Compared to their January poll, the SPÖ has gained 8%, while the Greens lost 4%, NEOS 3% and "others" 1%. ÖVP, FPÖ and Strache all remained stable.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landtags-_und_Gemeinderatswahl_in_Wien_2020#Umfragen
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Neither did I, to be honest. Maybe because I support opening shops on Sunday, supported the ban on begging, or support the access of financial documents of state supported associations, maybe putted me more on the right part of the scale. Maybe, don't know.

Curiously, in Portuguese election quizzes, my results, more often than not, point to the PS rather than the party I actually vote.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »

This was just released.

Everything you need to know about Vienna:

https://www.wien.gv.at/statistik/pdf/viennainfigures-2020.pdf

https://www.wien.gv.at/statistik/pdf/viennainfigures-poster-2020.pdf
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Neither did I, to be honest. Maybe because I support opening shops on Sunday, supported the ban on begging, or support the access of financial documents of state supported associations, maybe putted me more on the right part of the scale. Maybe, don't know.

Curiously, in Portuguese election quizzes, my results, more often than not, point to the PS rather than the party I actually vote.

Ughhh, you support opening shops on Sunday ?

Sunday opening destroys family life, as most cashiers are women who want Sunday to be home with the rest of the family.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Sunday opening destroys family life, as most cashiers are women who want Sunday to be home with the rest of the family.

Yeah, but on Sunday everybody has more time to go out and buy stuff. I get your point, when it was discussed here in Portugal many people argued that, but in terms of practicality it's better, IMO, for many families who cannot do shopping on weekdays and the weekend is the perfect time. Plus my view, is that for businesses, it can also be positive as it creates more revenue, big and small.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2020, 11:57:55 PM »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Yeah, but on Sunday everybody has more time to go out and buy stuff. I get your point, when it was discussed here in Portugal many people argued that, but in terms of practicality it's better, IMO, for many families who cannot do shopping on weekdays and the weekend is the perfect time. Plus my view, is that for businesses, it can also be positive as it creates more revenue, big and small.

Sorry, but that is a lame argument: Sunday shopping exists here in the tourism areas (for a few hours), but I never shop on a Sunday. And most local people are not either.

It’s just for the damn tourists.

As if these damn tourists cannot shop during the week or at a Saturday, when shops are open until 6-8pm ...

It’s all about planning. You can easily buy your stuff on Friday/Saturday and „survive“ the Sunday without shops being open.

Besides, tourists can also eat at restaurants on a Sunday.

Those damn business lobbys arguing for comprehensive Sunday opening are just corporate whores trying to destroy the last common family day.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2020, 12:31:37 AM »

The Austrian Army is in a terrible shape (like in neighboring Germany), because only 0.6% of our GDP is spent on it.

Now they need to save everywhere.

A new Standard poll shows that Austrians would most want to cut down on costly overseas deployments such as for UN missions in the Balkans, Lebanon or Africa.

They also want to reduce fighter jet flights to a minimum („Eurofighter“), sell most of our artillery equipment and merge different brigades into one for better oversight and less bureaucracy.

Also, by a 55-43 margin, Austrians want to keep the draft in place. There was a referendum in 2013, where Austrians voted to keep the draft by a 60-40 margin (I voted for the professional volunteer army).

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000119693514/deutliche-zustimmung-zu-teilen-von-tanners-reformvorhaben
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2020, 03:29:02 AM »

Google-translated APA article about Vienna's postal voting:

You can vote in Vienna from September 14th

Reading time 3 min

The Vienna municipal council and district council elections are scheduled for October 11th. However, you can cast your votes a month earlier: voting cards will be issued from September 14th. And you can fill this out in Vienna when you pick it up at the municipal district office and return it again. Because of the corona pandemic, a postal voting record is expected.

The City of Vienna is particularly promoting the option of postal voting this year - in order to prevent an excessive drop in voter turnout due to fear of contagion. The Styrian municipal council elections held at the end of June showed that this concern is justified: participation fell by almost eleven percentage points (to 62.6 percent). After the very high participation of 74.75 percent in 2015, opinion researchers expect the same for Vienna.

In Styria you could also see that postal voting is even more popular than usual in Corona times: three times more Styrians than 2015 requested voting cards for the municipal council elections, although the number of eligible voters remained almost unchanged at just over 800,000: More than 173,000 - so almost 22 percent - did not want to go to the polling station this year, but use the postal vote. How high the percentage actually was is not shown - because in Styria the voting cards are counted together with the ballot box votes on Sunday.

This is not the case in Vienna, as postal votes and voting cards handed in in "foreign" constituencies are not evaluated by the district electoral authorities until Monday. Provisions are made for the expected major attack: the electoral authorities are given additional support staff. And the stipulation that the final result including postal voting will be available on Monday has been removed from the election regulations. So it could be Tuesday this year too, until the outcome of the election is certain.

How many of the 1,133,010 voters for the municipal council and 1,362,789 for the district council elections (citizens of other EU countries are also allowed to participate) will use postal votes this year is difficult to estimate. Already in 2015, almost a fifth of voters did not go to the polling station on Sunday, but cast their votes by post or when they picked up the voting card at the district office.

For this year, opinion pollers expect that at least 30, maybe 40 percent of the votes will be cast by voting card. In any case, a very large chunk will still be missing in the preliminary overall result announced on Sunday evening. The projections will also become more difficult with the expected postal voting record - especially since postal voters no longer follow the previous pattern (ÖVP and Greens do better with them, SPÖ and FPÖ worse than with ballot box voters).

Voting cards for the Viennese elections can already be requested. The ballot papers and voting cards are currently in production - and will be delivered to the district election authorities in the course of the next week. You have until shortly before the election to decide whether or not to go to the polling station on election Sunday. Voting cards can be requested online, in writing (letter, email, fax) up to the Wednesday before the election - and in person (or by an authorized representative who will take them with them) until Friday, October 9th.

https://www.puls24.at/news/politik/ab-14-september-kann-in-wien-schon-gewaehlt-werden/213356
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2020, 06:26:30 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2020, 06:46:59 AM by Mike88 »

My results were:

ÖVP +67
NEOS +45
FPÖ +34
HC +10
SPÖ -8
SÖZ -9
GRÜNE -19
BIER -21
LINKS -46

Sorry, but that is a lame argument: Sunday shopping exists here in the tourism areas (for a few hours), but I never shop on a Sunday. And most local people are not either.

It’s just for the damn tourists.

As if these damn tourists cannot shop during the week or at a Saturday, when shops are open until 6-8pm ...

It’s all about planning. You can easily buy your stuff on Friday/Saturday and „survive“ the Sunday without shops being open.

Besides, tourists can also eat at restaurants on a Sunday.

Those damn business lobbys arguing for comprehensive Sunday opening are just corporate whores trying to destroy the last common family day.

I will speak from my country view: Tourists are important also, and they are one of the main reason Portugal's economic data has been quite good in the last 4 years, but remember that Portugal is still a very poor country and many people don't make enough ends meet by the end of the month, so another day open can be very good for the income of many families who own small businesses like shops, restaurants and others. I support it because of the economic problems the country has.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: September 08, 2020, 12:23:21 PM »

Another new poll and the SPÖ is reaching a new high:

41% SPÖ (+1.4%)
20% ÖVP (+10.8%)
15% Greens (+3.2%)
  9% FPÖ (-21.8%)
  7% NEOS (+0.8%)
  5% THC (+5.0%)
  3% Others (+0.6%)

Projected turnout: 65% (-10%)

Link
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2020, 02:47:02 AM »

Election information cards to all 1.36 million voters in Vienna will be sent out this week, incl. postal ballot requests:

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3065860

The election information cards will have the precinct of each voter on them and the opening/closing times on election Sunday (usually 7am-5pm).

The Postal Service also says they will set up 40 additional drop boxes all over Vienna, because 500.000 postal ballots are expected (vs. 200.000 in 2015).

The Postal Service will also empty all mailboxes in the country on Sunday after 9am for this election occasion. This will limit the number of ballots coming in too late to a minimum. Only if people are so stupid to drop them off at a postal box on Sunday afternoon there's a chance it will be missed.

If someone requests a postal ballot, it can only be distributed to the person who requested it, who will have to ID himself/herself and sign receipt of the ballot in front of the postal worker.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »

41% SPÖ (+1.4%)
20% ÖVP (+10.8%)
15% Greens (+3.2%)
  9% FPÖ (-21.8%)
  7% NEOS (+0.8%)
  5% THC (+5.0%)
  3% Others (+0.6%)

Link

I think you mean "a new *recent* high" Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2020, 10:58:13 AM »

41% SPÖ (+1.4%)
20% ÖVP (+10.8%)
15% Greens (+3.2%)
  9% FPÖ (-21.8%)
  7% NEOS (+0.8%)
  5% THC (+5.0%)
  3% Others (+0.6%)

Link

I think you mean "a new *recent* high" Wink

Of course.

Considering they were once polling at 30% or below already ... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »

A Wikipedia page has been created:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Viennese_state_election
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2020, 03:14:22 AM »

New week, new poll showing Ludwig and the SPÖ gaining in Vienna:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2020, 03:40:51 AM »

With rising virus cases in Vienna, the city government (SPÖ+Greens) is intensifying their efforts to get people to vote early or by mail.

This is possible starting on Monday.

People can go to their 23 district offices in Vienna, request a postal ballot and either fill it out there already and cast it again within a minute, or take the ballot home with them to vote later by post or on election day.

The city hopes that 500.000+ of the expected 800.000 voters will vote early or by post, so that not all too many people will be in the precincts at the same time on election day.

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/politik/daniel/corona-explosion-wackelt-jetzt-wien-wahl/445729519
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2020, 04:01:59 AM »

The FPÖ and Team Strache are the only parties holding larger campaign events in public:

All other parties in Vienna are almost exclusively campaigning online, on TV, on the radio, by post or with posters on the street. If anything, they only have small gatherings with a lot of space in between and mask-wearing. You hardly see masks at FPÖ or THC events.

In other news, the Austrian ÖVP+Green federal government is completely split on the topic of taking in refugees from the burnt-down Moria camp on Lesbos, Greece.

The Greens have started a campaign to convince the ÖVP that the country should take in at least 100 kids and their mothers.

The ÖVP is categorically opposed, warning about a "pull-effect" seen after the 2015 invasion.

The situation is good news for the FPÖ and THC though. Just with Corona as a topic, their fortunes would have been quite small, but with the refugee situation coming back, they might gain a few extra points with voters ...

https://orf.at/stories/3181048
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2020, 01:28:48 PM »

New OGM/Kurier newspaper poll for Vienna:

On top is the - hypothetical - mayoral vote. A bit misleading. Below right is the actual poll.

Projected turnout: 70% (totally certain voters)

53% say they are going to vote in-person on election Sunday
42% early in-person or by postal vote
  5% Undecided

Strong results for SPÖ, ÖVP and Greens. Bad results for FPÖ and NEOS. Strache would be out.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »

On top is the - hypothetical - mayoral vote. A bit misleading. Below right is the actual poll.

5% Undecided

Strong results for SPÖ, ÖVP and Greens. Bad results for FPÖ and NEOS. Strache would be out.

Do SPÖ and Greens want to continue their coalition?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »

5% Undecided

Do SPÖ and Greens want to continue their coalition?

Yes.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2020, 12:46:19 AM »

Strache gets annoyed by a Muezzin while drinking coffee in Vienna:

New Strache ad. LOL.

He might be a corrupt moron, but he's having the better campaign than the FPÖ ... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2020, 01:05:17 AM »

Municipal elections today in the state of Vorarlberg, the 2nd-smallest state in the country at the border of Switzerland.

305.000 people are eligible to vote. This is a very ÖVP- or Independent-lists-who-are-affiliated-with-the-ÖVP-affair.

Polls close at 1am.

https://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/3066156
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »

are the Social Democrats bringing out their gnomes?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2020, 08:03:20 AM »

are the Social Democrats bringing out their gnomes?

No, but here are some pictures from the voting in Vorarlberg today:

Each town was able to mandate on their own if voters needed masks or not.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies