Why are Republican Governors so much more popular than Democratic Senators? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why are Republican Governors so much more popular than Democratic Senators? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are Republican Governors so much more popular than Democratic Senators?  (Read 2706 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 08, 2020, 01:08:54 AM »

I answered this question previously, on a different thread with a similar question as the one posed here. My answer is the same. Many of the country's present Democratic Governors-i.e. Newsom, Raimondo, Brown, Pritzker, Lujan-Grisham, Cuomo, etc., are either ineffective, corrupt, or highly ideological. By contrast, many of the current Republican Governors-i.e. Baker, Scott, Hogan, Sununu, Abbott, DeSantis, Hutchinson, etc. are effective administrators and have strong crossover appeal with opposing-party voters. Now there are bad Republican Governors, and there are good Democratic Governors-John Bel Edwards in particular. But overall, these factors hold true.

New England in particular still has a weird fetish for election, approving and re-electing "muh moderate Republican" Governors.

As a Massachusetts resident myself, this baffles me to no end.

Sununu, Baker, and Scott serve as checks upon the strongly Democratic legislatures in their states, work across party lines, and are social moderates, well in line with the social viewpoints of their state electorates. Hogan serves a very similar function in Maryland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies