2020 Redistricting Master Thread

<< < (2/10) > >>

Oryxslayer:
Quote from: Kevinstat on December 30, 2019, 03:00:37 PM

I'd recommend adding the 1-CD states (besides just Montana, which some project to gain a 2nd CD) and Rhode Island (which currently has 2 CDs but which most project to go down to 1) as there could be some interest in Legislative redistricting in those states (I had a thread on Vermont Legislative Redistricting in 2011).

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Perhaps a East Coast small thread (VT/DE/RI), and a western one (AK/ND/SD/WY/MT(?)) would be best since the topics are going to draw less attention naturally on their own. For instance, AK is going to see an interesting legislative battle considering how Independents and Crossbench Republicans have determined who controls the lower chamber this decade.

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️:
The TX thread that is linked is for state house of representatives, not for US congress.

Sestak:

I'd recommend adding the 1-CD states (besides just Montana, which some project to gain a 2nd CD) and Rhode Island (which currently has 2 CDs but which most project to go down to 1) as there could be some interest in Legislative redistricting in those states (I had a thread on Vermont Legislative Redistricting in 2011).

Quote from: Oryxslayer on December 30, 2019, 03:12:16 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Perhaps a East Coast small thread (VT/DE/RI), and a western one (AK/ND/SD/WY/MT(?)) would be best since the topics are going to draw less attention naturally on their own. For instance, AK is going to see an interesting legislative battle considering how Independents and Crossbench Republicans have determined who controls the lower chamber this decade.

I’ve added them each as their own entry on the list for now; will adjust as necessary once threads actually start to take shape.

Also, if there are separate threads started for state legislative (or any other level) redistricting in additional to congressional threads I’ll link them as parenthesis.

Quote from: 👁👁 on December 30, 2019, 03:16:51 PM

The TX thread that is linked is for state house of representatives, not for US congress.

Whoops, missed that. Edited label accordingly.

Sestak:
Quote from: Nyvin on December 30, 2019, 02:47:52 PM

There was a very brief Connecticut thread if I recall, it was moved here from the Congressional board.

If you mean this, it really just seems to be an argument over which party is worse wrt gerrymandering in general; most of the posts in that thread aren’t even about Connecticut.

Kevinstat:
Quote from: Ses on December 30, 2019, 04:04:34 PM

Quote from: Nyvin on December 30, 2019, 02:47:52 PM

There was a very brief Connecticut thread if I recall, it was moved here from the Congressional board.

If you mean this, it really just seems to be an argument over which party is worse wrt gerrymandering in general; most of the posts in that thread aren’t even about Connecticut.

I thought that myself when I saw that thread referenced here.

Thanks for adding the 1-CD (and projected 1-CD) states to the list, btw.  Although Oryxslayer makes a good point about having just a couple threads for all the 1-CD states.  Perhaps DC ward redistricting could be tacked on to the eastern 1-CD state thread, in case anyone on Atlas decides to draw or discuss plans for that.  But as you say, you can adjust your list as threads take shape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page