VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 21696 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: May 17, 2020, 12:00:55 AM »

I would expect, win or lose this year state Democrats try to push someone like Elaine Luria or Abigail Spanberger into the race.

I also think Virgina is a better pickup opportunity for Republicans than New Jersey is, if only because Biden will win Virginia by less than he will New Jersey (I give him roughy 8-11 points in Virginia, as opposed to 13-15 points in New Jersey).

That said, unless Herring (I can't imagine African Americans in this day and age voting for someone for who admitted to wearing blackface) or Fairfax (Democrats both statewide and nationally would abandon him fairly quickly if he won the nomination) were the nominee, Democrats should still win.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that with Herring in particular. He had deep relationships with African American leaders and voters in the state, and his admission came first to the black caucus in the VA legislature. I don’t think he will (or should) be the nominee, but I wouldn’t count him out tbh.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »

Interested to see if Kaine endorses McClellan, he officiated her wedding!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »

https://www.pilotonline.com/government/virginia/vp-nw-andria-mcclellan-lieutenant-governor-announces-20200722-yq2qf7hqzfg5pb6qavdhlnfrkm-story.html

The fact that so many Dems want to run is a good early sign. Both Gov and Lt Gov seem like they'll be real races.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »

I don't think I know any GOP operative in the state who thinks they have a real shot at any of the three posts, even during a Biden presidency. The damage done in the DC and Richmond suburbs is just too significant.

At this point I even think Lee Carter could win a statewide race.

Right now I have VA-Gov as Solid Dem and Lt. Gov and Attorney General as Lean Dem.

Yeah, Democrats have traded margins in areas with shrinking/stagnating populations for areas with growing populations. It's been remarkable to see the GOP reacting by nominating people like Stewart and probably Chase, which doesn't help them win over anyone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies