VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 21691 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 18, 2020, 09:44:22 AM »

It's an absolute scandal that Fairfax is still in office & that he hasn't been impeached- the allegations against him were extremely substanial & irrc he failed in his efforts to sue the outlet that reported the interviews.

If he was somehow the nominee I'd not vote for him & I'm sure if he does run people are going to have very easy work in a primary.

I was curiouis what he was doing & it's hilarous to see he's been reduced to writing public letters to Northam about covid as he's being completely ignored by the Governor. Again the biggest rise in politics in the last decade is the lack of shame...

I also found this quote from Fairfax which frankly seems quite insulting...

If you take some of these smear tactics and campaigns into the black church, they’ll be shut down immediately because that’s not what people want to see,” he said.

https://wamu.org/story/19/12/20/virginias-lt-governor-justin-fairfax-is-running-for-governor-despite-sexual-assault-allegations/

Yup, the dude should have resigned. Much more so than Northam, who did a stupid thing as young man. This should be a much bigger deal than the allegations against Biden, which have serious credibility problems.

Anyways, if McAuliffe jumps in, the race is probably over.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2020, 10:46:56 AM by Sir Mohamed »

VPAP has a nice visual on the fundraising of all of the gubernatorial candidates (official accounts and PACs). It shows the money raised in the first half of 2020, and their cash on hand as of June 30.

I can't post the link, but here's the data:

Terry McAuliffe: $1,689,000 raised, $1,594,000 on hand

Jennifer Carroll Foy: $811,000 raised, $696,000 on hand

Jennifer McClellan: $490,000 raised, $411,000 on hand

Amanda Chase: $227,000 raised, $191,000 on hand

Mark Herring: $24,000 raised, $392,000 on hand

Justin Fairfax: $19,000 raised, $85,000 on hand

Bill Carrico: $0 raised, $7,000 on hand.

For me, the big takeaway is that I have do not have to fear Justin Fairfax getting the Dem nomination, even with a split field. While some Dems are willing to tolerate him and invite him to events now, he is not seen as a credible candidate for governor.

McAuliffe hasn't announced though?

Mark Herring having raised 24k $ as a sitting state AG is kind of embarrassing compared to state legislators with little name rec who raised sums up to 30+ times as much.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »

McAuliffe filed paperwork yesterday to set up a 2021 gubernatorial campaign committee. He appears to be running.

https://twitter.com/vpapupdates/status/1296454306590334982

That likely ends the primary before it began.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »

Does he really think he could defeat Chase in a primary? He's got way too much baggage that can be attacked from the right...and the left if he gets that far.

what baggage?

I think it was also blackface. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies