VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 21655 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: March 09, 2020, 02:35:30 AM »

Am the I the only one who finds it baffling that in a State which is probably the best advert for the Democrats nationally (minus the trifecta of allegations) that they're going to run an ex-Governor & Clinton Bundler.

The Democrats have really suffered from a lack of quality Governors who could run for President in say 2024 or 2028.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »

Ugh I'll take McAuliffe purely he can be trusted to win & he wasn't particually awful as a Governor... my hope is that it would allow some less problematic people to become Lt.Gov & AG.

A question to VA posters- has there ever been an effort to scrap the term limits? I can never work out if they're a stupid idea or not (looking at the past 5 governors they all seem relatively sane compared to the usual freak shows you get)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 08:18:08 AM »

It's an absolute scandal that Fairfax is still in office & that he hasn't been impeached- the allegations against him were extremely substanial & irrc he failed in his efforts to sue the outlet that reported the interviews.

If he was somehow the nominee I'd not vote for him & I'm sure if he does run people are going to have very easy work in a primary.

I was curiouis what he was doing & it's hilarous to see he's been reduced to writing public letters to Northam about covid as he's being completely ignored by the Governor. Again the biggest rise in politics in the last decade is the lack of shame...

I also found this quote from Fairfax which frankly seems quite insulting...

If you take some of these smear tactics and campaigns into the black church, they’ll be shut down immediately because that’s not what people want to see,” he said.

https://wamu.org/story/19/12/20/virginias-lt-governor-justin-fairfax-is-running-for-governor-despite-sexual-assault-allegations/
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 10:10:03 AM »

Which is why Carroll-Foy is running. Perriello, by this point, is really old news.

Perriello's an upstanding guy, but if he couldn't find that photo in Northam's yearbook, electoral politics isn't for him. 

It might be because I don't work in the money pit that is US politics but Northam wouldn't really strike me as someone you'd send campaign staff (who in a primary election are an absolute premium) to dig around in his past- its a complete stab in the dark at the best of times and there's an alternative universe where Perriello lost the primary because he spent £50,000 earmarked for ads on an overpaid law firm.

Besides its as much an indictment on the RNC who actually did have the resources to find this sort of stuff.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 04:43:29 PM »

I’m curious what people think of the one term limit; I wonder if it’s a block on Virginia Governors going into higher office, especially with the senate seats being blocked until 2026
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies