Ohio redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:42:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Ohio redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio redistricting thread  (Read 89871 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: May 04, 2022, 06:25:00 PM »

So given that the Congressional primaries already happened, has the OHSC just totally dropped the ball on the congressional gerrymandering lawsuit?

I think the commission basically succeeded in running out the clock after the federal court ruled that no new maps being drawn would make the current bulls*** configuration official. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy based on yet more courts being nothing but a platform for political hacks to be hacks.

Our court system, in addition to so much else in this country is a f***ing joke.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »

So given that the Congressional primaries already happened, has the OHSC just totally dropped the ball on the congressional gerrymandering lawsuit?

I think the commission basically succeeded in running out the clock after the federal court ruled that no new maps being drawn would make the current bulls*** configuration official. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy based on yet more courts being nothing but a platform for political hacks to be hacks.

Our court system, in addition to so much else in this country is a f***ing joke.

You mixed up legislative and congressional. The courts can draw the maps congressional but can not draw them legislatively.

Oh, fair enough. I wasn't entirely sure.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 07:42:43 PM »

Will this have any impact wrt redistricting? Think I read that the Ohio House Dems thought that Stephens would make a "genuine effort" for fair maps or something like that. I doubt we're getting the Franklin+Delaware seat or anything like that, but could this give Democrats a genuine seat at the table?

Maybe a deal to just repass the current map, which isn’t terrible for Dems as 2022 showed.  At the very least, they can hope that Stephens would agree to a compact all Hamilton county Cincinatti seat rather than the crap they kept trying to pull this year there.

I'd take that deal. It's probably the best the Democrats can hope for anyway.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 06:02:24 PM »

If the current map does stay in place, I'd call that a relative win for Democrats. The map turned out better than expected for them in 2022. A redraw would have probably put that at risk and just created three Democratic vote sinks in the three C's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies