Parliament passed Boris’s Brexit deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:13:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Parliament passed Boris’s Brexit deal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Parliament passed Boris’s Brexit deal  (Read 1302 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 06:14:09 PM »

I'm so happy they are finally leaving.
It's like when you are married with someone and that things really don't go well and cannot improve, it's better to divorce and remain in good terms.
The UK has never liked being part of European integration, hesitating all the time. It's better for everyone that they leave rather than remaining and being unhappy.

De Gaulle was absolutely right when he vetoed the British candidacy to the EEC. It wasn't going to work for reasons of certain fundamental differences.

For the record, I do believe leaving the EU will have an adverse effect on the United Kingdom and I'm sorry for all of those who wanted to remain, but the UK in general was not interested in the project of European integration, but in having a seat at the table. It's been always a roadblock to the aspiration of most EU member countries in deepening the European project.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2019, 04:59:19 AM »

It's like when you are married with someone and that things really don't go well and cannot improve, it's better to divorce and remain in good terms.
The UK has never liked being part of European integration, hesitating all the time. It's better for everyone that they leave rather than remaining and being unhappy.

De Gaulle was absolutely right when he vetoed the British candidacy to the EEC. It wasn't going to work for reasons of certain fundamental differences.

For the record, I do believe leaving the EU will have an adverse effect on the United Kingdom and I'm sorry for all of those who wanted to remain, but the UK in general was not interested in the project of European integration, but in having a seat at the table. It's been always a roadblock to the aspiration of most EU member countries in deepening the European project.

I agree completely. That's why I always thought the Norway model was the best for everyone involved. Remainers should have advocated for that instead of petulantly trying to overturn the results of the referendum. Maybe if they had, these elections would have turned out differently (or maybe not, who knows). Either way, the results of these elections have ruled out even that option.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2019, 06:10:59 AM »

I agree completely. That's why I always thought the Norway model was the best for everyone involved. Remainers should have advocated for that instead of petulantly trying to overturn the results of the referendum. Maybe if they had, these elections would have turned out differently (or maybe not, who knows). Either way, the results of these elections have ruled out even that option.

For the time being, yes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies