Would the Republican base like Nikki Haley?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Would the Republican base like Nikki Haley?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Would the Republican base like Nikki Haley?  (Read 4944 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2019, 04:20:13 AM »

say what you like, but there's a substantial "lesser of two evils" case, from a typical conservative's POV, to back Trump in 2020. And many who see a positive case for the Trump presidency, which is, yes, based off policy.
I'm sure Haley/Ryan can attest to this fact.

Yep! Was a hardcore #NeverTrumper in 2016, but I've been pleasantly surprised by him in office. No crazy NATO withdrawal, reducing the size of government, leaving the Iran Deal - these are all good things, and I'm happy to see them.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »

say what you like, but there's a substantial "lesser of two evils" case, from a typical conservative's POV, to back Trump in 2020. And many who see a positive case for the Trump presidency, which is, yes, based off policy.
I'm sure Haley/Ryan can attest to this fact.

Yep! Was a hardcore #NeverTrumper in 2016, but I've been pleasantly surprised by him in office. No crazy NATO withdrawal, reducing the size of government, leaving the Iran Deal - these are all good things, and I'm happy to see them.

Believe me there has been plenty of times I considered leaving the Never Trump train but his behavior is what stopped me from leaving that train and the whole Ukraine thing has ensured that I wont leave the Never Trump Train.

Yes policy is important and if Trump, after he won, said alright now that I won I will stop tweeting nonsense, stop purposefully being divisive, and respected our rule of laws even in the instances it limited him , I would obviously vote for him in 2020 but the fact is these things are something I cant and will not ignore so for that reason I will not vote for Trump in 2020.

R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 08:30:13 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2021, 08:24:03 AM by R.P. McM »

^ Yikes, lol.  Can you imagine how creative you'd ever get if minorities drifted toward the GOP a bit?!  The slurs could write themselves.

I don't think the GOP will be the party of  at the point in time in which ethnic minorities lend it anything more than token support. At which point, I'll have no objection. Because I have genuine principles — take notes, Republicans.

Nazi-praising? What?

Yeah, when Trump described the Charlottesville Nazis as "very fine people." But you know that; if you want a modicum of respect, you need to stop gaslighting.

And do you really think Republicans don't have any principles?

What would they be?
Certainly not fiscal responsibility — Reagan and W and Trump are among the most profligate presidents of modern times, whereas Clinton and Obama actually reduced the deficit. So what were those bovine geriatrics so peeved about in 2010? Well, in retrospect, we can all see what the Tea Party was actually about ...  

Moral values? You have to be kidding.
Respect for the military/law enforcement? LOL.
Hawkish foreign policy? Only if entails bolstering Putin's interests.
The Constitution/rule of law? A distant second to tribal interests, obviously.

So what's left? What could Donald Trump possibly do that would provoke even a fraction of the consternation among the GOP had a Democrat done likewise? The answer is nothing. So Republicans have no genuine values apart from WHITE POWER!

He has appointed pro-constitution judges, cut taxes, led an amazing deregulatory agenda, supported Israel, and presided over a booming economy. What's not to like?

Racism/authoritarianism is something you'll eagerly embrace if it means enacting your pet agenda. Which is why I no longer believe we share even the bedrock values necessary to coexist as a political community. I don't consider you a fellow countryman — you're willing to betray me to foreign interests, why should I? So when your "amazing deregulatory agenda" succeeds in creating an ecological disaster, I'm committed to ensuring that it's folks like you who bear the brunt of the burden. A conservative coastal community has flooded? Good riddance. What happens to you and yours is no longer of any concern of mine.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2019, 11:43:32 AM »

^ Yikes, lol.  Can you imagine how creative you'd ever get if minorities drifted toward the GOP a bit?!  The slurs could write themselves.

I don't think the GOP will be the party of  at the point in time in which ethnic minorities lend it anything more than token support. At which point, I'll have no objection. Because I have genuine principles — take notes, Republicans.

Nazi-praising? What?

Yeah, when Trump described the Charlottesville Nazis as "very fine people." But you know that; if you want a modicum of respect, you need to stop gaslighting.

What would they be?
Certainly not fiscal responsibility — Reagan and W and Trump are among the most profligate presidents of modern times, whereas Clinton and Obama actually reduced the deficit. So what were those bovine geriatrics so peeved about in 2010? Well, in retrospect, we can all see what the Tea Party was actually about ...  

So what's left? What could Donald Trump possibly do that would provoke even a fraction of the consternation among the GOP had a Democrat done likewise? The answer is nothing. So Republicans have no genuine values apart from WHITE POWER!

He has appointed pro-constitution judges, cut taxes, led an amazing deregulatory agenda, supported Israel, and presided over a booming economy. What's not to like?

Racism/authoritarianism is something you'll eagerly embrace if it means enacting your pet agenda. Which is why I no longer believe we share even the bedrock values necessary to coexist as a political community. I don't consider you a fellow countryman — you're willing to betray me to foreign interests, why should I? So when your "amazing deregulatory agenda" succeeds in creating an ecological disaster, I'm committed to ensuring that it's folks like you who bear the brunt of the burden. A conservative coastal community has flooded? Good riddance. What happens to you and yours is no longer of any concern to me.
Well, I obviously don't think he's a racist lol.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2019, 04:16:54 PM »

Absolutely. She'd be palatable to many in the party. She could also help the R's expand their coalition.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2019, 01:45:48 PM »

I agree with much of what has been said here. Haley would be one of the strongest potential candidates Republicans would have in the post-Trump era. She is viewed favorably by both the Trumpists and by establishment Republicans, is a woman (and nonwhite), and has a record of working across party lines (i.e. the whole Confederate flag affair from 2015). Moreover, she is one of the few former Trump administration officials (James Mattis is the other), whose reputation was left unscathed by serving under him. Republicans would be wise to elevate figures of her profile if they wish to increase their appeal to minority, female, and younger voters in the near future.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

Nazi-praising? What?

What would they be?

Racism/authoritarianism is something you'll eagerly embrace if it means enacting your pet agenda. Which is why I no longer believe we share even the bedrock values necessary to coexist as a political community. I don't consider you a fellow countryman — you're willing to betray me to foreign interests, why should I? So when your "amazing deregulatory agenda" succeeds in creating an ecological disaster, I'm committed to ensuring that it's folks like you who bear the brunt of the burden. A conservative coastal community has flooded? Good riddance. What happens to you and yours is no longer of any concern to me.
Well, I obviously don't think he's a racist lol.

Exactly. And that's why these cross-partisan conversations are no longer worth having. You're so detached from reality, we have no common frame of reference.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »

It wont matter about Haley, whether Trump wins reelection or not, Dems are favored to win in 2024, if Haley chooses to run. Either a reelect Prez Bernie or a heavily wealthy Gavin Newsom runs
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »

It wont matter about Haley, whether Trump wins reelection or not, Dems are favored to win in 2024, if Haley chooses to run. Either a reelect Prez Bernie or a heavily wealthy Gavin Newsom runs

>Newsom

Over my dead body
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2019, 10:11:47 AM »

I think so; she seems intelligent and articulate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies