Morning Consult : Trump trails Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg but leads Warren.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:42:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Morning Consult : Trump trails Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg but leads Warren.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Morning Consult : Trump trails Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg but leads Warren.  (Read 503 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:12:22 AM »
« edited: January 07, 2020, 08:17:18 AM by Frenchrepublican »

https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MCPI_Jan-7.pdf

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »

Trump chances are improving, that's why Bernie is going up and Biden is going down, because Biden isnt gonna blow Trump out in a landslide
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:18:41 AM »

If someone can explains me how Biden can leads Trump by 6 while Sanders leads him by only 2 even if at the same time both are doing similarly among crosstabs groups ??
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:22:34 AM »

If someone can explains me how Biden can leads Trump by 6 while Sanders leads him by only 2 even if at the same time both are doing similarly among crosstabs groups ??

Terrible online clickbait pollster. Nobody takes it seriously except online media that want to push a narrative.

If you have a large number of voters in the sample that don't know who Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker but voters who know these also know John Delaney, Michael Bennet. It's straight in the trash.

The poll serves one purpose How well do you know this celebrity?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 08:37:25 AM »

Not a lot you can say when almost a third of independent voters are undecided.

Maybe its a rounding thing where Biden leads closer to 5 (for ex: 45.6 to 40.4) and Sanders leads by closer to 3.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 11:19:17 AM »

Morning Consult is incredibly secretive about their methodology, but it looks like they use a corporate brand tracking style universally, including for their political work. I'm guessing most of their staff (or at least leadership) do not come from political backgrounds. This has some merits but virtually all of them are outweighed by the drawbacks.

The way that people think about corporate brands and the way that they think about politics (especially elections) are incredibly different. Survey questionnaire design and methodology needs to be adjusted to reflect the different social psychologies that people apply to these different situations.

Not dismissing these polls entirely, but there is a lot to be cautious of. I can expand later when I have less on my plate for the day if folks care.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies