The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:08:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive  (Read 54390 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: March 18, 2020, 01:44:37 AM »

I feel insulted that us fellow R-CA brethren are not included
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »

That price gouging is better assumes everyone can afford to meet their minimum needs at the temporarily inflated prices. The honest answer is that there is no simple universally equitable solution to short term demand or supply shocks.  However, for the most common case of a weather-related shock, price gouging laws have generally worked okay.

No, because

1. Increased prices act as a signal to investors to increase supply. Without "price gouging" the market will have no incentive/messaging to meet increased demand.

2. It's only fair that you pay according to the agreed upon price. Otherwise, you're just stealing the grocer's labor. And if paying the agreed upon price is too much for you, perhaps the proper solution is to improve your end of the spectrum instead of using force (the government) to rob the grocer.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 04:30:53 PM »

Credit to DPKdebator on atlas.
Basically atlas when it sees Baby Shapiro and Baby Fuentes argue on what true conservatismTM  is

Who's gonna tell 'em they're both wrong?

Do you have any political views? Like, at all?

Describing them would break the character limit. Tongue

If I’m being honest though I actually think you’re a fair bit closer to being “conservative” than whatever Reaganite they put you up against (unless that’s NCYankee?—in which it’s the reverse).

That’s me they put up
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »

Also, maybe you guys would appreciate this political compass I've been working on. It's a compass of people describing my political views and ideology over the past 15 months on this forum. I've added to it every time someone wrote a relevant post (most of these come from the "Describe the previous poster's ideology" thread).

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

I agree. A desire to hang women who had abortions is definitively a socially libertarian position, since we're talking about weird fetishes from the deep web. And you can only access the deep web by tor, a libertarian tool.

You clearly don't know me if you think I use the deep web lol. Also, I was referring to Dule, not myself -- I am proudly socially conservative, but I was joking that I was upset to be associated with him.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

I agree. A desire to hang women who had abortions is definitively a socially libertarian position, since we're talking about weird fetishes from the deep web. And you can only access the deep web by tor, a libertarian tool.

Also, I feel the need to address this. One of the biggest defining characteristics of my politics is to follow everything to it's logical conclusion. That is why I sometimes take positions considered "extreme," even when those are not necessarily edgy. For instance, I support defunding and abolishing social security, not because to do so does anything to make me look cool for caring, but because I fundamentally believe that social security as we know it is unsustainable and that it is also a fundamental denial of personal liberty. Similarily, I favor the death penalty for abortion, because I believe abortion is murder and that murder ought to be punished with the death penalty. Even if you disagree, can you not understand the logical basis from which I come from?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 03:11:20 PM »

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

Also, I feel the need to address this. One of the biggest defining characteristics of my politics is to follow everything to it's logical conclusion. That is why I sometimes take positions considered "extreme," even when those are not necessarily edgy. For instance, I support defunding and abolishing social security, not because to do so does anything to make me look cool for caring, but because I fundamentally believe that social security as we know it is unsustainable and that it is also a fundamental denial of personal liberty. Similarily, I favor the death penalty for abortion, because I believe abortion is murder and that murder ought to be punished with the death penalty. Even if you disagree, can you not understand the logical basis from which I come from?

No, because your position is founded in gleeful authoritarianism and a willful ignorance of biological realities.

Not in the slightest, but that's not what we are talking about here either. I'm not asking you to become pro-life in this conversation -- I'm asking you to accept that it stands to reason that if you are pro life and support the death penalty you should also support the applying of that stance to abortion as well.

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

There is no valid reason to support the death penalty for any crime, let alone the termination of a lump of inert cells.

Again, see above. You and I clearly disagree here, but I'm not (at least yet) asking you to change your view. I'm just asking you to agree that, coming from the same base conclusions I do, it makes sense, and is even morally mandated, to support the death penalty.

Also, there totally is a valid reason to support the death penalty: natural law. It is inherently morally right that we punish according to the principle of an eye for an eye, and in fact that principle is doubly so justified by it's direct biblical endorsement from God himself.

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

The "logical conclusion" of your reasoning is that jerking off is mass murder, or that a person should save a rack of frozen fertilized eggs from a burning building before they rescue a baby.

No, because I believe that life believes at conception. Of course unfertilized eggs or something are not human, but no one is arguing that either.

> socially conservative

I'm genuinely offended.

It's based in desert cult hocus-pocus and it does not overlap whatsoever with "logic."

That's just an ad hominem.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies