The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
Author Topic: The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive  (Read 54734 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2021, 11:06:09 PM »

This isn't exactly funny, but I thought I'd make it in cartoon form so that leftists could understand it:

snip

The irony is that this looks like the average left-wing meme.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2021, 11:13:45 PM »

If you're going to have that much text, then just make it a text post. If your comic has ten panels consisting of several paragraphs, you might as well just convey your opinion using...I don't know...a normal post? I'm not going to sit here and awkwardly scroll through your png file with speech bubbles that big just to understand your opinion on the housing crisis. Although posting something on the forum without making a stupid MS Paint comic about it would just be out of character, wouldn't it?

But now I can just paste it in every time some commie idiot says that the free market is to blame for the housing crisis. This will save time and irritate people like you.

It's a fact that the number of rent controlled apartments in New York has been cut by 2/3 in the past 15 years, while rents and pointless vanity luxury investment development properties have skyrocketed. So I'd love to see any example that proves your meme.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2021, 11:47:30 PM »

If you're going to have that much text, then just make it a text post. If your comic has ten panels consisting of several paragraphs, you might as well just convey your opinion using...I don't know...a normal post? I'm not going to sit here and awkwardly scroll through your png file with speech bubbles that big just to understand your opinion on the housing crisis. Although posting something on the forum without making a stupid MS Paint comic about it would just be out of character, wouldn't it?

But now I can just paste it in every time some commie idiot says that the free market is to blame for the housing crisis. This will save time and irritate people like you.

It's a fact that the number of rent controlled apartments in New York has been cut by 2/3 in the past 15 years, while rents and pointless vanity luxury investment development properties have skyrocketed. So I'd love to see any example that proves your meme.

Rent control is merely one head on the hydra of leftist inefficiency.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2021, 12:04:23 AM »

Okay, but NY proves that the opposite of your rent control theory is true, so which of your leftist heads is the one most responsible here?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2021, 12:13:19 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a universal law of comedy that good jokes tend not to go on and on and on. Unless, of course, it's the longest joke in the world.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2021, 12:21:42 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a universal law of comedy that good jokes tend not to go on and on and on. Unless, of course, it's the longest joke in the world.

I mean the s019 utopia greentext is great and its quite long Tongue
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2021, 12:47:31 AM »

I mean the s019 utopia greentext is great and its quite long Tongue
No, S019 jokes are basically still caring about Kony 2012 in 2021 not only unironically, but in a way that makes it clear that it is indeed still fresh.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2021, 01:08:18 AM »

What do you mean an example? It's right there, funny paint figures said it so it must be true!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2021, 01:19:04 AM »

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/cop_out
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2021, 01:52:09 AM »

Okay, but NY proves that the opposite of your rent control theory is true, so which of your leftist heads is the one most responsible here?

I am getting the feeling you didn't read my post. That's ok, but you probably shouldn't comment here until you do.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2021, 02:05:20 AM »

Can't you just...like...paste text anyways? You think that leftists are so dumb that they can't comprehend your big brain 300 IQ takes about the housing market, so you instead opt to create a poorly-made MS Paint comic that is excruciatingly clunky. If you're making a comic with 15+ paragraphs, that's clearly a sign that you should maybe choose a better medium. I sincerely don't care about your opinions on the housing market, you're entitled to your opinions and it's not really an issue I'm super duper passionate about, I just find it funny that the man who loves to point out logical fallacies in peoples arguments constantly pulls ad hominems left and right by calling his opponents "commie idiots" who can only understand complex political and economic concepts if they have bright, fun colors in an MS Paint drawing.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2021, 02:28:17 AM »

I don't care if it's fantasyland-related. It belongs here.

This disunity and partisanship in Atlasia is deeply saddening, and because of this, I have reached out to viral 2016 debate star and leading voice on bipartisanship, Ken Bone, who has a message of unity for Atlasia

Also more to the point, I added a BBCode to display non-youtube videos, which can be linked from anywhere so long as they are of the proper format:

Code:
[video]https://example.com/video.mp4[/video]
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2021, 02:32:32 AM »

Can't you just...like...paste text anyways? You think that leftists are so dumb that they can't comprehend your big brain 300 IQ takes about the housing market, so you instead opt to create a poorly-made MS Paint comic that is excruciatingly clunky. If you're making a comic with 15+ paragraphs, that's clearly a sign that you should maybe choose a better medium. I sincerely don't care about your opinions on the housing market, you're entitled to your opinions and it's not really an issue I'm super duper passionate about, I just find it funny that the man who loves to point out logical fallacies in peoples arguments constantly pulls ad hominems left and right by calling his opponents "commie idiots" who can only understand complex political and economic concepts if they have bright, fun colors in an MS Paint drawing.

Aw... even the cartoon was too much for your attention span? Sad  I did my best.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2021, 02:37:56 AM »

Aw... even the cartoon was too much for your attention span? Sad  I did my best.

bolded a relevant part of my previous response as your attention span appears to be so short you couldn't even finish my whole post
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2021, 05:12:26 AM »

Tbh while the Dule thing wasn't all that funny (only very slightly), I did love how the characters gradually aged over time, that was a nice touch
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »

I didn't make this, but it's glorious.

“When Germania sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing plague. They’re burning villages. They’re Barbarians. And some, I assume, are good people.”

How the north won-mock the south with a soy wojak

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »

https://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/rent-control/
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2021, 11:37:34 AM »

I read through the whole thing (seriously). I am amazed. All I can say is: wow.

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »

Why are people attacking his jokes.  If you don't find it funny, maybe there's a ring of truth to it?  

Easily my favorite poster.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2021, 01:36:31 PM »

I found that joke a little thin in its humor.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2021, 01:39:39 PM »

I thought the Dule comic about housing was fine. Not his funniest, but it does give some insight into municipal bureaucracy. Not sure why everyone's mad tbh
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »

I thought the Dule comic about housing was fine. Not his funniest, but it does give some insight into municipal bureaucracy. Not sure why everyone's mad tbh
It reflects the libertarian impulse to simplify everything down to more government = bad. Many of the interventions of the government into the housing market are bad and produce bad results — I don't disagree with most of what the comic is pushing — but to put municipal height limits on par with, for instance, the requirement that landlords provide running water to all units is absurd. It's technically correct that there would be greater production of housing units if you deregulated it entirely, but avoiding the creation of large-scale favelas on the outskirts of San Francisco is probably also a worthwhile policy goal.

Also I had to zoom to read it and I don't appreciate that.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »

It reflects the libertarian impulse to simplify everything down to more government = bad. Many of the interventions of the government into the housing market are bad and produce bad results — I don't disagree with most of what the comic is pushing — but to put municipal height limits on par with, for instance, the requirement that landlords provide running water to all units is absurd. It's technically correct that there would be greater production of housing units if you deregulated it entirely, but avoiding the creation of large-scale favelas on the outskirts of San Francisco is probably also a worthwhile policy goal.

That's fair
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2021, 04:48:43 PM »

You obviously haven't read any of my other comments on this site, because I have consistently and openly stated my love for the state. I am a Hobbesian and I love government because without it, the free market could not exist. And where exactly did I say that I wanted a completely unregulated housing market where people build favelas out of aluminum siding? I live in the Bay Area for Christ's sake; I understand the need for regulations when it comes to things like earthquake-resistant structures.

In any case, this comic was not meant to absolve the market of all possible market failures, nor was it intended to make people laugh. I was illustrating a point I have made dozens of times on this site, and because I am getting tired of typing it out every time housing is discussed, I thought this would be easier for me and more intuitive. However, I see that the leftists on this site cannot handle a meme that attacks their housing regulation sacred cows. In the future I will stick to two-sentence "Orange Man Bad" memes so as not to lose my readership.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2021, 06:19:43 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2021, 03:42:16 PM by The legend of Saint Giorgia and the Draghi »

This one MUST be saved here.
Redeems Dule's last unfunny comic definitely.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies