The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Author Topic: The John Dule Organic Atlas Meme Archive  (Read 54378 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »

The meme is missing a lot of subtext, mainly the coercion forcing people from having adequate compensation present in the workplace, elite imposed pop culture, and security forces. There is no way to truly consent in this system, or do what one wishes to do, without pushback.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2020, 10:32:04 PM by lfromnj »

The meme is missing a lot of subtext, mainly the coercion forcing people from having adequate compensation present in the workplace, elite imposed pop culture, and security forces. There is no way to truly consent in this system, or do what one wishes to do, without pushback.
Dule make a nature is opression,meme too(hes talking about how no work is starvation.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »

Dule make a nature is opression,meme too(hes talking about how no work is starvation.)

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2020, 05:37:05 AM »

While Atlasia is a very insular part of Talk Elections, thanks to Yankee we inadvertedly have an Atlasia ripoff of this

You do not need to be familiar with Atlasia to understand most of the memes ironically, just know Suburban's Discord avatar

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=368180.0

Though to be honest the memes there are painfully unfunny compared to Dule's masterpieces
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »

via Imgflip Meme Generator
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »

I made a political compass of things my Chinese exchange student roommate has said to me:

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2020, 03:26:22 AM »

Going to keep posting my old sigs here:

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2020, 06:59:29 AM »

I made a political compass of things my Chinese exchange student roommate has said to me:

Did you post this in a different thread a couple weeks ago, or did you steal this from twitter?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »

Did you post this in a different thread a couple weeks ago, or did you steal this from twitter?

I posted it in r/PoliticalCompassMemes about a week ago. If it made it to Twitter from there I wouldn't be surprised; I got 16k points from it.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »

I posted it in r/PoliticalCompassMemes about a week ago. If it made it to Twitter from there I wouldn't be surprised; I got 16k points from it.

of course you use reddit
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »

of course you use reddit

That was pretty much the first post I'd ever made on the site TBH. I don't like the site's layout but I wanted to share my favorite Chinese roommate quotes with a wider audience.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2020, 05:40:56 PM »

of course you use reddit

That was pretty much the first post I'd ever made on the site TBH. I don't like the site's layout but I wanted to share my favorite Chinese roommate quotes with a wider audience.
I actually stopped posting on reddit after the forced update layout.  They force you to use it and prevent the old format . I like no css old reddit.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

of course you use reddit

I actually stopped posting on reddit after the forced update layout.  They force you to use it and prevent the old format . I like no css old reddit.

Not that I endorse posting on reddit at all, but you can restore the old aesthetic by going to old.reddit.com instead of www.reddit.com.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2020, 05:45:43 PM »

of course you use reddit

Not that I endorse posting on reddit at all, but you can restore the old aesthetic by going to old.reddit.com instead of www.reddit.com.
Ik that but it switches you back when logged in to force the updated version.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2020, 01:22:13 AM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »

of course you use reddit
Dule is the Meme King. Of course he uses Reddit.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »

That price gouging is better assumes everyone can afford to meet their minimum needs at the temporarily inflated prices. The honest answer is that there is no simple universally equitable solution to short term demand or supply shocks.  However, for the most common case of a weather-related shock, price gouging laws have generally worked okay.

No, because

1. Increased prices act as a signal to investors to increase supply. Without "price gouging" the market will have no incentive/messaging to meet increased demand.

2. It's only fair that you pay according to the agreed upon price. Otherwise, you're just stealing the grocer's labor. And if paying the agreed upon price is too much for you, perhaps the proper solution is to improve your end of the spectrum instead of using force (the government) to rob the grocer.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2020, 10:25:17 PM »

That price gouging is better assumes everyone can afford to meet their minimum needs at the temporarily inflated prices. The honest answer is that there is no simple universally equitable solution to short term demand or supply shocks.  However, for the most common case of a weather-related shock, price gouging laws have generally worked okay.

No, because

1. Increased prices act as a signal to investors to increase supply. Without "price gouging" the market will have no incentive/messaging to meet increased demand.

2. It's only fair that you pay according to the agreed upon price. Otherwise, you're just stealing the grocer's labor. And if paying the agreed upon price is too much for you, perhaps the proper solution is to improve your end of the spectrum instead of using force (the government) to rob the grocer.

If it's a temporary disruption, so that the increased demand and/or reduced supply is not a long lasting change, then it doesn't make economic sense for investors to shift capital into projects that increase the supply of a scarce good. There's a reason we aren't seeing lots of new toilet paper mills being built, and it's not price gouging laws.  Obviously, price gouging laws (or more drastically, price controls) are not a solution to long-term disruptions to supply or demand, but that's not what I was talking about. Both me and the cartoon (both the original and the altered one given here) were discussing short-term disruptions.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2020, 12:17:21 AM »

No, because

Try living in the real world sometime. It's not as scary as you think. Promise Purple heart.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2020, 01:02:52 AM »

I'm so tired of seeing this meme please remove it from your signature.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2020, 01:56:27 AM »

I'm so tired of seeing this meme please remove it from your signature.

No.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2020, 02:05:48 AM »

It's not a meme, it's war-era government propaganda. It's from the Office of Price Administration which established price controls as well rationed essential goods, to conserve some for the war effort. It's basically a historical document, not a meme.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2020, 03:27:55 AM »

It's not a meme, it's war-era government propaganda. It's from the Office of Price Administration which established price controls as well rationed essential goods, to conserve some for the war effort. It's basically a historical document, not a meme.

Grassr00ts is evidently confusing my version, which is WWII propaganda, with Dule's version, which is a meme. I can only assume he's sick enough of the visuals that he's not bothering to read the text anymore.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2020, 02:17:45 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2020, 03:13:02 PM »

This is one of your best ones yet (and I'm not just saying that because I agree with this one).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies