UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 290564 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 07, 2022, 11:50:51 AM »

So for us Yanks who don't follow the UK very closely, can anyone offer their takes on the likely timing and frontrunners to take over as leader of the tories?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 11:32:15 AM »

Not terrible for Starmer.

37% 'ready' isn't bad compared to his predecessors particularly as the 'not ready' is low. Corbyn's score was the same for both elections despite one being significantly worse than the other.

He's doing far far worse than Tony Blair did, or even David cameron. He has comparable ratings to Ed miliband. Take that for what it is worth
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 02:44:25 PM »

Starmer is not doing "far" worse than Cameron, or "about as bad" as Miliband - unless, of course, you are going to do that time honoured online thing of selectively cherry picking your polls.

Yes, he is nowhere near where Blair was - but so what? I'm coming to the conclusion that mention of him in this context should be banned - he was a one off that we will likely never see again.

With respect, I'm not cherry-picking anything. The numbers above regarding the perception of how ready starmer is to form a labor government, even if to his benefit One Drops that particularly low 25% positive rating, puts him anywhere from 10 to 20 points behind David Cameron's results on that same question. And yes, his numbers are indeed close to identical, or possibly at most a point or two better on average, than what millibrands were.

If one wishes to debate that the comparison here isn't applicable for whatever reasons, I'm all ears. But yes right now voters seem to have only about as much confidence in starmer being able to put together a labor government as they did Ed millibrands. Sorry, but them's the figures.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies