UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 287421 times)
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 4.17

« on: January 29, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »

Replace "Tory majority" and "Tory power" with "(Little) English Nationalism" In Cassius's typical blue-goggled #Analysis and you have the crux of the problem that Gordon Brown was hinting at the other day.

English nationalism is not whatever you don't like.
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »

Lol at Boris Johnson and his wife getting booed outside St Paul’s before the Queens service.

I don’t think the Tories realise how unpopular he is.
I’m sure the Tory press will say that this is just the “London lefties” attacking our glorious PM.

But these are the sorts of people who queued for hours to see the Royal Family walk into a church, and are in London to celebrate the Jubilee. If Boris has lost that demographic, then I’m really not sure which group of Britons he’s supposed to appeal to.

I mean, “Royalists boo Tory PM” sounds just like the sort of headline that gets pulled from the archive when describing the last days of a government.

FWIW I know a local Labour councillor who's down in London for the Jubilee. It's far from just a Conservative thing.
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »

On the matter of Great Grandparents and politics, it always amuses me to recall that Grandad's parents (DMA, ILP and Primitive Methodist) will both have voted against Anthony Eden when he stood at Spennymoor in 1922 and produced some of the most ill-advised leaflets in the history of British election literature: he stressed that he personally knew most of the major coal-owners in the area, apparently quite unaware that this came across as a ham-fisted threat!

My great-great-grandfather worked at Spennymoor before finally moving up to Tyneside. Around twenty years before then though.
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 03:40:25 PM »

How did the Nottinghamshire miners vote? I’ve heard of the swing to the Conservatives in the Notts coalfield before but looking at the actual results that seems pretty small, while they were already starting from a strong position (and had won a late seventies by-election in Ashfield).
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 04:34:56 AM »

Anne-Marie Trevelyan stays.

Yes, of that Trevelyan family (by marriage). That's how things work in Northumberland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies