UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:46:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 287953 times)
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« on: June 07, 2020, 09:30:48 PM »

The real canary in the coal mine is the personal ratings of both Starmer & Johnson; Starmer is seen as more competent than Johnson & I can't remember what the specific one personal rating where Starmer was the first Labour Leader for 13 years to be ahead.

I've generally always thought that the personal ratings of the leaders are an equal if not better metric of an election; of course this has just convinced me that they'll ditch Bojo either this year or the next & bring in Rishi (someone who was this time last year a parliamentary under-secretary of state for local government)
Do you really think they'll ditch Boris?
DANNT

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 09:54:12 AM »

The SNP has been in government for 13 YEARS, are they showing any drop in support as almost all governments that outstay their welcome do?
DANNT

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »

Well at least it seems the Labour Party is self aware about the defeat, which is the first step on the long road back to government.
DANNT

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

Poor old Scotland. Even I don't hate the SNP that much to wish him on them.

WOW, the SNP is really doomed now!!
DANNT

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 01:33:39 PM »

Poor old Scotland. Even I don't hate the SNP that much to wish him on them.

WOW, the SNP is really doomed now!!

Well obviously I didn't mean it in a 'oh no here comes electoral juggernaut george galloway to end the snp once and for all' sense, I meant it in a 'oh no here comes a reprehensible annoying f!ck to be a horrible nuisance for everyone' sense.
I was being sarcastic.
DANNT

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »

His ego would likely too big for either SF or the SDLP.

Some sort of People Before Profit style personal vehicle?

PBP for sure given their Trot wing.

I've thought Galloway's best bet since 2015 was to wait out the five years in which he would not be allowed to join Labour and then sign up and take advantage of his friendships with Corbyn and co. His grift has been pathetic and this window of opportunity has probably now gone given the direction of the Labour Party, but it's still his best bet given how dire his recent independent runs have been. The only other realistic pathway to a Galloway comeback that I see is Labour supporting another unpopular war abroad (with British troops on the ground).

Dang it! Unfortunately that's not happening anytime soon, looks like we'll have another five years with Galloway out of parliament.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies