UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 286530 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: January 19, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »

Looks like some on the left of Labour aren't happy that Starmer is starting to do well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60054968
The left-wing Momentum campaign group said Mr Wakeford "should be nowhere near the Labour Party".

"Wakeford should be booted out of Labour and a by-election called immediately," a spokesman added. "Labour must back a candidate that will stand up for the people of Bury South and against this Tory government."

I mean I know there is precedent for a by-election in cases of defection, but my God.

It may be self-defeating, but I do personally think that people should resign and contest a by-election for the opposing party if they cross the floor.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:09 AM »

I've got a nasty feeling that Johnson and his advisors knew this would happen.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 09:54:39 AM »

John McDonnell said it in a GQ interview with Alastair Campbell in 2019: Johnson has to be careful about the forces that he's unleashing. We saw the results of what a far-right mob fuelled by conspiracy theories could do on January 6 last year.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 05:47:45 PM »

Apparently word is that Labour MPs who stood on the RMT picket line are going to be desciplined.

Ironic. A Labour Party is punishing MPs who stand with labour.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 03:18:01 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2022, 05:33:37 PM by GoTfan »

One of the best things so far of the last few days has been seeing RMT General Secretary Mick Lynch ripping the media to shreds.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 04:28:05 AM »

You know, someone should just put a sword up the arse of that fat c**nt. Jesus Christ it takes longer to remove CEO's in slowly failing family firms. Can someone not just give the pig a good sh**tting.

Mind if I borrow that line?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 12:58:11 AM »

For our international viewers who are new to this sideshow, the weirdness of Liz Truss, public speaker, is a whole saga - likely amplified by the excessive speech coaching she appears to have received in recent years. Contrast her low-voice and odd intonation this week, with this speech from 2016:

Here, in one of the more persuasive speeches for the Remain camp, she’s a lot more dynamic, and more comfortable talking in her natural, higher register. It seems odd that she would hamper her own ability as a speaker - but there’s a reason she would go for professional assistance (beyond the fact that Thatcher did the same thing)…

Back in 2014, Truss gave a disastrous memorable speech to the Conservative Party Conference , when she was Secretary for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. It’s packed full of surreal moments, so I’ll just leave you with a gif, and a link to the full thing at the end.

The speech resurfaces when Truss is appointed to a new role in the cabinet (even the Daily Mail, who want Truss to be PM have been known to post clips to earn some easy page views), and the whole incident remains a drag on her credibility. Even now, #porkmarkets is still full of jokes at Truss’s expense. Even BBC Radio 4 comedy programmes still paint her as “the cheese woman”. I’m not saying it’s *why* she went so hard into speech training - but it’s hard to imagine it didn’t play a role.

Just make sure she doesn't mention pork around Dave.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »

What could be more electable than not importing two thirds of the UK's cheese?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies