If the election was held today, how would you vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:05:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  If the election was held today, how would you vote?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: If the election was held today, how would you vote?  (Read 2414 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »

I will be checking the newly-reinstated straight ticket D box.
redeagleofficial

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »

Trump.  He can't fully save this country from the evils of immigration and cultural downfall, but he can save this country from globalism and people who are controlling it.  2024 we go to stage 2
You're supposed to limit your opposition to illegal immigration to have plausible deniability.

I don't want a million people a year coming here to vote for your left wing nonsense.  Doesn't matter where they come from or what they look like, it takes 4 generations for them to vote for the right, and has been that way for years.  Overwhelming the border will destroy this nation, as the left has trended to the left with still being able to win, giving us things like pedophilia and the drag queen story hour, a reduction of gun rights, abortion (now it's after birth abortion!), a rise in fascism (because it has become palatable in comparison to the nonsense to some weak minded individuals on the right), etc etc.  A strain on workers, even MLK/Cesar Chavez have noted this.  Our country's freedoms are changing too quickly and may soon be eroded.  It's terrible for me but you should be happy, and that's the full honest answer.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 09:51:51 PM »

If it was the primary, I'd vote for Biden... as for the general, the Democrat (duh).
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2019, 12:18:52 AM »

Straight R
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2019, 12:24:37 AM »

If the D nominee is Sanders or possibly Warren, then I’m voting for whatever D ticket that could cause.

If not, 3rd party. I don’t believe in voting for a similar evil.
FalloutBoy97
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.92

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »

I'd vote for any democrat over Trump besides Williamson (I'd vote 3rd party in that case). Gabbard would be a hard swallow but if we're going to have a President that brown noses dictators and wants to cede the world stage to Russia and Iran it might as well be someone who is moderately left of center on domestic issues. Straight ticket D downballot.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »

I'll vote Pete Buttigieg for the primary. I'll vote for him in November if he's the nominee. If not, I'll vote for an Evan McMullin-like 3rd party candidate.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2019, 11:22:26 AM »

Trump.  He can't fully save this country from the evils of immigration and cultural downfall, but he can save this country from globalism and people who are controlling it.  2024 we go to stage 2
You're supposed to limit your opposition to illegal immigration to have plausible deniability.

I don't want a million people a year coming here to vote for your left wing nonsense.  Doesn't matter where they come from or what they look like, it takes 4 generations for them to vote for the right, and has been that way for years.  Overwhelming the border will destroy this nation, as the left has trended to the left with still being able to win, giving us things like pedophilia and the drag queen story hour, a reduction of gun rights, abortion (now it's after birth abortion!), a rise in fascism (because it has become palatable in comparison to the nonsense to some weak minded individuals on the right), etc etc.  A strain on workers, even MLK/Cesar Chavez have noted this.  Our country's freedoms are changing too quickly and may soon be eroded.  It's terrible for me but you should be happy, and that's the full honest answer.

This is possibly the most stupid post I have read in 11 years on this forum.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »

This is possibly the most stupid post I have read in 11 years on this forum.

The thing with me was that I could barely even tell how half of that even connected to immigration once we got to pedophilia. I mean, the two don't really seem to tie together in my mind. Maybe there is a higher ratio of pedophiles by percentage among immigrants than I know? But otherwise, I just simply don't seem to get the comparison.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »

Delete your account already.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2019, 12:58:38 AM »

I'll vote for whoever we nominate, though my first preference will be Elizabeth Warren if she is still in the race by Super Tuesday (when Virginia gets its chance to vote). 
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:15 AM »

You say that it doesn't matter where they come from or what they look like, but your use of "the border" makes it seem as though you're referring to a specific demographic.

Probably just semantics on my part. 

So let me ask you, redeagle, by that thinking: does it bother you that my parents and I (as first and second generation immigrants from India) aren't onboard the Trump train or this rightward lurch that the GOP has taken while still generally disagreeing with ultra- progressive policies?
Higgins
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »

If the democratic nominee is Biden, than him. If anyone else, Trump.
redeagleofficial

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »

You say that it doesn't matter where they come from or what they look like, but your use of "the border" makes it seem as though you're referring to a specific demographic.

So let me ask you, redeagle, by that thinking: does it bother you that my parents and I (as first and second generation immigrants from India) aren't onboard the Trump train or this rightward lurch that the GOP has taken while still generally disagreeing with ultra- progressive policies?

I don’t care what you are. Border means nothing. The GOP isn’t moving right though, it’s moved left and that’s the issue.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »

I don’t care what you are. Border means nothing. The GOP isn’t moving right though, it’s moved left and that’s the issue.

In that case, what would a truly "right" GOP look like? Is there anybody close to that description in Congress right now?
redeagleofficial

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 03:58:39 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2019, 11:09:09 PM by Speaker YE »

Trump.  He can't fully save this country from the evils of immigration and cultural downfall, but he can save this country from globalism and people who are controlling it.  2024 we go to stage 2

I don't want a million people a year coming here to vote for your left wing nonsense.  Doesn't matter where they come from or what they look like, it takes 4 generations for them to vote for the right, and has been that way for years.  Overwhelming the border will destroy this nation, as the left has trended to the left with still being able to win, giving us things like pedophilia and the drag queen story hour, a reduction of gun rights, abortion (now it's after birth abortion!), a rise in fascism (because it has become palatable in comparison to the nonsense to some weak minded individuals on the right), etc etc.  A strain on workers, even MLK/Cesar Chavez have noted this.  Our country's freedoms are changing too quickly and may soon be eroded.  It's terrible for me but you should be happy, and that's the full honest answer.

In that case, what would a truly "right" GOP look like? Is there anybody close to that description in Congress right now?

How the hell has it moved right?  Just because Trump is an idiot (at times) who can't control his big mouth does not mean it has moved right.  The dems wanted a wall in 2010.  Trump is cool with gay marriage and immigration at the HIGHEST NUMBERS which will ultimately be the death of the Republican Party as we know it.  You voted for HILLARY CLINTON.  Not even Johnson.  Not even McMuffin.  Not even Jill Stein, HILLARY CLINTON.  You don't have room to talk here.

Truly a right America (in my view) to get back to your original point:
1. A family system.  Women and men should follow traditional gender roles more often than not.  There are exceptions, but this has truly been the downfall of values.  Back then, men and women voted almost the same.  Feminism has led to women voting 20 points to the left of men, as dems have the upper end to push a leftward agenda.  Cut welfare and greater incentivize this plan through taxes.
2. A 50-year immigration moratorium in which we make English our official language and let immigrants assimilate.  This will ensure a more Republican Latino population and lead to less racial tensions due to multiculturalism.
3. I'm not too upset with gay marriage, but make it civil unions.  The trans/drag queen/pedo stuff is just around the corner if you do not draw a line in the sand somewhere.
4. An overturn of Roe v. Wade. You do not need to have after-birth abortions.  Another example of why conservatives and neocons haven't conserved anything.
5. No gun restrictions.  When you cure the culture, mass shootings die out.
6. No foreign aid or war.  I am a Zionist, part Jewish ethnically, love Israel, love that Trump moved the embassy, etc. but they do not need our help in the terms of 38 billion a year.  America first.
7. Privatize things like the TSA

For Congress, to answer the last part, sadly, nobody.  Pete D'Abrosca (running in NC-07) is a good start, but even as an Arab immigrant he is being smeared by the left machine as a White Nationalist bc he edgy-memed back in the day.  We need more people like him, probably with a more optical history on social media.  Even Steve King is too cucked on immigration despite him being a near open racist (possible controlled opposition?).  I'm still waiting for a candidate to address the family problem, I will actually give Andrew Yang credit for that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2019, 05:17:19 PM »

Pulling for Biden, but would consider Buttigeg.  Sanders and Warren would see me vote Trump.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2019, 09:51:35 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 09:55:31 PM by W »

i live in new york so it does not matter. bernie or green party, maybe warren but her viability for this nomination has fallen off a cliff. if yang or gabbard magically gets it, sure i'd give them my vote.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »

I will be checking the newly-reinstated straight ticket D box.

I found out they removed the straight-ticket voting option here in Texas.  I have a feeling this might help Texas Democrats gain better footing in the state instead of being subverted by a big name Republican at the top of the ballot.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2019, 10:06:40 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 10:21:17 PM by hermit »

I would vote for Biden or Sanders, but Trump can win, and should not be underestimated

This is the reason Trump is going to go down in flames: the female voter.

There are more females than males who vote in elections now. And over 60% of females are not going to vote for trump.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/447308-trumps-giant-gender-gap-62-percent-of-women-say-they-are

https://www.thoughtco.com/more-likely-vote-women-or-men-3534271

Women are moving away from trump, and in my opinion, what is sealing the deal is how he treated Greta, a 16 yr old girl who he felt threatened by because of his glaring insecurities.

Mothers are not going to go for Trump bullying a small girl who is voicing her opinion to save the environment.

That was the turning point, where trump sealed his own fate. He's going down in flames!

You watch. Don't come between a mother and her child.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »

If the election were held today I would vote for Amy Klobuchar or Elizabeth Warren.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2019, 10:31:26 PM »

I would vote for Biden or Sanders, but Trump can win, and should not be underestimated

There are more females than males who vote in elections now. And over 60% of females are not going to vote for trump.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/447308-trumps-giant-gender-gap-62-percent-of-women-say-they-are

Women are moving away from trump, and in my opinion, what is sealing the deal is how he treated Greta, a 16 yr old girl who he felt threatened by because of his glaring insecurities.

Mothers are not going to go for Trump bullying a small girl who is voicing her opinion to save the environment.

That was the turning point, where trump sealed his own fate. He's going down in flames!

This is incredibly, hilariously, stereotypically sexist. You go man.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2019, 10:38:28 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 11:26:08 PM by Forumlurker161 »

“Facts are sexist.”
-GOP snowflakes
redeagleofficial

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2019, 11:38:20 PM »

“Facts are sexist.”
-GOP snowflakes

It's not sexist but it's not true
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2019, 02:45:43 AM »

White women turned sharply against the GOP in many states in 2018, but they are the most fickle voting group so it doesn't mean much.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies