Goodreads accounts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:39:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Goodreads accounts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Goodreads accounts  (Read 185 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Do you have a goodreads account, so i can check your account for recommendations? (and be friends Tongue )

I haven't read books for ages, so my account isn't interesting but this is mine

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/50961731-lakigigar
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:51:50 PM »

Outside of school, I haven't voluntarily read a book in about three or so years. Not because reading is stupid or for nerds or anything, but because it's extremely hard for me to read a book and pay attention to the words on the page. They usually come to my eye and then don't register as actual language, I kind of just scan through the text without processing much.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »

Outside of school, I haven't voluntarily read a book in about three or so years. Not because reading is stupid or for nerds or anything, but because it's extremely hard for me to read a book and pay attention to the words on the page. They usually come to my eye and then don't register as actual language, I kind of just scan through the text without processing much.
“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2019, 04:42:09 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Do you use audio books? I was opposed to them for the longest time, but I realized late last year that it is the only way to exist as an adult. I don't think it's very feasible to read more than perhaps five books a year, but audio books allow you to explore significantly more. I am slightly disgusted by the loss of a rather important skill due to time constraints, but it's better than the alternative.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »

Same problem here, but I read a lot on the wiki or on the forum, and i count that as reading as well. But i'm trying to read more books that interest me, and there are some. Maybe fiction will never be something for me, except for a few exceptions, or i haven't possibly explored it that well.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »

Do you use audio books? I was opposed to them for the longest time, but I realized late last year that it is the only way to exist as an adult. I don't think it's very feasible to read more than perhaps five books a year, but audio books allow you to explore significant more. I am slightly disgusted by the loss of a rather important skill due to time constraints, but it's better than the alternative.
Traitor!

I try to read at least a book a week, but it’s hard to find good, new fiction or nonfiction books as I get older.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 08:28:23 PM »

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”

Telling KoopaDaQuick that she isn't smart is like telling an amputee that they're missing some limbs.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 05:31:09 AM »

The thing about me is that even though I have no problem with reading, and I used to do such a thing on a regular basis when I was a kid is that I never really have been super into doing such a thing lately. Even when I feel like I see the value of doing such a thing, I never have been able to sit down and do such a thing. The last real book I attempted to read was The Stand, by Stephen King. I mean, it was so long that I could not have finished it anyways, but even then I still could have gone further than the "only" two to three hundred pages I did. Which is why even if I made an accoint, it would probably be all for not, and I would almost certainly never actually use such a thing
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies