Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020  (Read 4281 times)
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« on: December 10, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »

I stopped reading at "Never Trumper from day 1" and then realized I had to continue my post, so:

"if I was voting on policy"
This is how everyone is voting.

"1. His behavior has utterly disgraced the office [...] he has openly made it clear he believes he is above the law."
The legal precedents involved are clear to me and the practical rationales for them have progressively become more cemented throughout the illegitimate, politically motivated investigations which have plagued this Presidency. Legal precedents since the 70s have made it clear that the impeachment process is the sole process for pressing criminal charges against the President, despite pretensions to the contrary by Democrats which have often contradicted themselves by contending that the President has used improper processes for otherwise licit actions. The State of New York has exploited the Constitution in a way the Founders probably never expected: Abuse of state investigative power for the sole purpose of interfering with a President from that state. They would have expected the President to exhibit such favoritism that the home state would attempt to support its President, but this has been reversed due to the fact that NY is a solid blue state. This is a clear attempt to influence federal politics by that State, and based on the fact that impeachment is the sole legitimate process for criminally charging a President, no State can possess the authority to press such charges. Furthermore, setting aside the issue of politically motivated prosecutions of the President's associates, the articles of impeachment describe neither any federal (or state) statute violated by the President nor any crime, and additionally rely on unsubstantiated claims, often made based on investigations which were never properly authorized, and are fundamentally illegitimate. The abuse of the impeachment process by Democrats must not go unpunished and the Democrats must face a severe punishment in 2020.

"2. Imagine 2022 and 2024 in a Trump reelection"
Tbh I actually think 2022 will go better than 2018 other than the really bad map in the Senate. Maybe not 2024, depends on whether or not the President successfully reforms immigration etc. You might be right or you could be wrong. Either way, I will vote for Trump's reelection because I need Obamacare repealed.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:34:24 PM »

Right wingers always have historically chosen fascism even against the most milquetoast leftists (just see them voting for Nazi Bolsonaro over Blairite Haddad in Brazil). Not worth it, you'll get 5 of them to vote for Joe Biden and no one else.
"Nazi Bolsonaro" is a hilarious idea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies