Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020  (Read 4181 times)
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« on: December 10, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »

This is basically a parody. A 80/20 Left/Right forum where the 20% right-wingers are already 15% NeverTrump and Kasich-type Republicans and 5% Trump-supporting. There is no need for this thread, you can already count genuine Trump-supporting Republicans on this forum on a hand.

This is one of the best posts of 2019, thank you! Yes, this forum is largely an echochamber that lacks more self-awareness than your nearest narcissistic diva.

Keep in mind that OSR is someone who treats Atlas in the same way he treats forums to post his Star Wars Lore opinions in. NeverTrump Republicans are the 'good guys' to cheerlead and hype up, and getting along with Democrats is a virtue to feel good about adhering to, even if they walk all over you.

More and more and more right-leaning individuals are being drawn towards Trump. People like Ben Shapiro and Glenn Beck and so much more have realized that voting to re-elect Trump in 2020 is one of the most important things to accomplish if we don't want to doom ourselves. There are a few holdouts, like posters on Atlas who are too blinded with their own egos, too easily affected by the desire to go along with consensus and get "good boy points" or "good girl points" from the left (who'd stab them in the back once they become inconvenient), but by and large they are in the minority.

I intend to work very very hard to get as many right-wingers as possible on board the Trump Train, and thankfully many have already jumped on board since November 2016 due to various events like the Kavanaugh fiasco demonstrating how power hungry, dangerous, and malignant the American left is. Despite whatever grievances they've had with Trump, they are aware enough to see past their bruised egos, to see past shallow trivialities like "he speaks more like a working class guy than like Pete Buttigieg," to realize that backing him is crucial if we are to take a stand against the threats we face.  

The people who should be congratulated aren't people like the OP, it's people like Jimmy Dore, Susan Sarandon, Jill Stein, Tim Pool, et cetera who stick to their principles no matter how misguided they are, yet realize that the Democratic Party is rotten to its core, that its politicians simply aren't good people, that its voters are easily manipulable as evidenced by how they threw out admirable anti-war, anti-interventionist, pro-treat other human beings with respect stances, in favor of delusional Russophobia, mindless hawkishness, faux patriotism, terms of dehumanization (e.g. 'everyone who disputes my BS is a Russian bot,' 'Trump supporters are lower than dirt').

I could go on and on and on about this. Anyway ElectionsGuy, Atlas needs more people like you calling out threads like this. In the same way that I hope this country gets better from the many problems we face, USElectionAtlas's forum needs to get much, much better. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't even leave because I believe I'm needed, and I believe that people like Yellowhammer, redeaglepolitics, 538Electoral, SN2903, Lechasseur, Frenchrepublican, and a few other 'rare gems' need to stick around rather than let this place deteriorate even further.

edit: should have mentioned Nuke as well. I'm probably forgetting a few others too. Sorry if I missed you!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies