Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020  (Read 4179 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2019, 11:44:58 PM »

There’s a reason that Congress is Article I of the Constitution and the President is Article II.
Congress delegated enough of its power by now that the president is more powerful but not by much.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

What if we're in a position where we aren't huge on him, but dislike the left more, and think staying home is a better option but everybody I know says a vote for a candidate they hate is better than no vote at all so you might do it out of the idea of picking the one you dislike less
Exactly. Presidential elections are no longer popularity contests, but rather unpopularity contests. The voters pick their poison and have to choose the least-worse candidate, than the best candidate. It techincally means the same thing, but it is the mindset that is different nowdays.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 07:37:10 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Also if Biden wins but the Republicans still control the senate the leftist agenda will be blocked and heck even if they have 51 senators it will be blocked cause Manchin and Sinema wont go along with the leftist agenda .

LMAO, Manchin and Sinema would never cast a decisive vote against their own party on any major legislation. You’re so naïve it’s almost cute.

Manchin won’t vote for bs like single payer , massive tax hikes , abolishing filibuster etc

Manchin is a populist, not a conservative.
It would not be very hard to convince him to vote for a wealthy tax or a 35% corporate tax rate, you have just to buy his vote by funding a big highway to nowhere in southern WV and the deal is done

Manchin is not a populist lol

Care to explain ? I mean it’s not like if he was some kind of ’’conservative, bow weevils southern democrat’’ . The dude voted against the ACA repeal and against the 2017 Tax reform, he is fairly friendly to labor groups.

McCain and Collins votes against the ACA repeal too , as that bill was horrible .

Also there is a huge difference between supporting ACA and Single Payer which Manchin has already ruled out of supporting and their is a huge difference between supporting pre 2016 tax code vs supporting type of tax code Warren or Bernie want

Well, yeah, but you don’t disprove my point, sure he is not a communist like Sanders or Warren, I don’t pretend otherwise, but not being a communist doesn’t mean you’re a centrist either.

Manchin is a populist and there are few doubt that he would happily vote to increase the corporate tax back to where it was in 2016, maybe you don’t care, but increasing the corporate tax by 50% is still a very left wing position, and let’s be clear, if you’re a conservative you should not count on this fraud to save your ass
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »

Also if Biden wins but the Republicans still control the senate the leftist agenda will be blocked and heck even if they have 51 senators it will be blocked cause Manchin and Sinema wont go along with the leftist agenda .

LMAO, Manchin and Sinema would never cast a decisive vote against their own party on any major legislation. You’re so naïve it’s almost cute.

Manchin won’t vote for bs like single payer , massive tax hikes , abolishing filibuster etc

It would not be very hard to convince him to vote for a wealthy tax or a 35% corporate tax rate, you have just to buy his vote by funding a big highway to nowhere in southern WV and the deal is done

Care to explain ? I mean it’s not like if he was some kind of ’’conservative, bow weevils southern democrat’’ . The dude voted against the ACA repeal and against the 2017 Tax reform, he is fairly friendly to labor groups.

McCain and Collins votes against the ACA repeal too , as that bill was horrible .

Also there is a huge difference between supporting ACA and Single Payer which Manchin has already ruled out of supporting and their is a huge difference between supporting pre 2016 tax code vs supporting type of tax code Warren or Bernie want

Well, yeah, but you don’t disprove my point, sure he is not a communist like Sanders or Warren, I don’t pretend otherwise, but not being a communist doesn’t mean you’re a centrist either.

Manchin is a populist and there are few doubt that he would happily vote to increase the corporate tax back to where it was in 2016, maybe you don’t care, but increasing the corporate tax by 50% is still a very left wing position, and let’s be clear, if you’re a conservative you should not count on this fraud to save your ass

I have a question would you take this result a Dem winning in 2020 but Republicans keeping the Senate. Thats the ideal scenario in my opinion because if that happens , none of the 2017 tax reform bill will be repealed
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2019, 04:32:21 AM »

I have a question would you take this result a Dem winning in 2020 but Republicans keeping the Senate. Thats the ideal scenario in my opinion because if that happens , none of the 2017 tax reform bill will be repealed

Well, yeah a such scenario would be okay, not great but still better than a D trifecta. I think we would be better off with Trump being reelected and republicans keeping the senate, but yeah your scenario would not be too bad either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies