Will there be any Democratic senators left representing... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:41:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will there be any Democratic senators left representing... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The old Confederacy, sans Virginia?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Will there be any Democratic senators left representing...  (Read 2197 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: December 09, 2019, 04:28:11 PM »

Good question. Jones is an underdog (but not DOA) regardless of what happens in the presidential race, but even (especially?) if Trump wins reelection, I could see them losing a GA runoff because just enough Republicans stay home and Democrats turn out like for those special elections. If Trump loses reelection, Tillis might go down too.

Probably slightly more likely than not that there won’t be any, but honestly, even if that’s the case, it will only be for two years. There’s no way in hell Republicans hold the GA seat in a Trump midterm, and even in a Biden midterm it would be vulnerable.

They....already did exactly that with every other statewide office?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »

Probably slightly more likely than not that there won’t be any, but honestly, even if that’s the case, it will only be for two years. There’s no way in hell Republicans hold the GA seat in a Trump midterm, and even in a Biden midterm it would be vulnerable.

They....already did exactly that with every other statewide office?

Yeah, how could Democrats possibly find another 50k votes in Georgia of all places between 2018 and 2022? Literally impossible, even in another Democratic wave. At best they lose by 0.1264579%.

It's not impossible. But it's super dumb to say it's inevitable, or that Republicans have no way in hell of holding it.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:52 AM »

It's not impossible. But it's super dumb to say it's inevitable, or that Republicans have no way in hell of holding it.

I went a little too far there, but Democrats would almost certainly be favored to win the seat, even if only slightly. Either way, I’m not sure someone who thinks NV is Tilt R in 2020 (a super dumb prediction) and that AZ/GA voted/will vote "10 points to the right of WI" (a super dumb statement) should be one to call other people's predictions dumb.

I never said they will. I said they did, and that we should pay attention to election results > feelings. And Tilt R Nevada is a clear exaggeration yeah, but it's nothing compared to the BS solid D Nevada narrative being perpetuated by some users here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies