Will there be any Democratic senators left representing...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will there be any Democratic senators left representing...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: The old Confederacy, sans Virginia?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Will there be any Democratic senators left representing...  (Read 2124 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 01:49:47 AM »

It's not impossible. But it's super dumb to say it's inevitable, or that Republicans have no way in hell of holding it.

I went a little too far there, but Democrats would almost certainly be favored to win the seat, even if only slightly. Either way, I’m not sure someone who thinks NV is Tilt R in 2020 (a super dumb prediction) and that AZ/GA voted/will vote "10 points to the right of WI" (a super dumb statement) should be one to call other people's predictions dumb.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:52 AM »

It's not impossible. But it's super dumb to say it's inevitable, or that Republicans have no way in hell of holding it.

I went a little too far there, but Democrats would almost certainly be favored to win the seat, even if only slightly. Either way, I’m not sure someone who thinks NV is Tilt R in 2020 (a super dumb prediction) and that AZ/GA voted/will vote "10 points to the right of WI" (a super dumb statement) should be one to call other people's predictions dumb.

I never said they will. I said they did, and that we should pay attention to election results > feelings. And Tilt R Nevada is a clear exaggeration yeah, but it's nothing compared to the BS solid D Nevada narrative being perpetuated by some users here.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 05:38:45 AM »

I never said they will. I said they did, and that we should pay attention to election results > feelings. And Tilt R Nevada is a clear exaggeration yeah, but it's nothing compared to the BS solid D Nevada narrative being perpetuated by some users here.

Nevada had multiple close statewide races (State Treasurer, Secretary of State and Attorney General) in the midterm elections and was right on the national average in the 2016 elections. I do not know about you all but I do consider it a highly competitive state but it is challenging finding the last few votes for the GOP to win there.

Heller lost by a solid but competitive margin. But let's all remember he won in 2012 over this person:

But overall Clark County is just too dominant and Washoe County is too unreliable for the GOP for the Republicans to have many outright victories in Nevada.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »

Leaning towards yes, because it seems more likelier than not aggregated that one of them will flip. I give it a 50%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 09:21:46 AM »

Yes, winning NC, with Cooper on ballot, but Ds can win Senate with CO and ME and winning a combo of AZ, AL, KS, GA or NC
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

Yes, winning NC, with Cooper on ballot, but Ds can win Senate with CO and AZ and winning a combo of ME, AL, KS, GA or NC
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »

If Democrats have another disappointing (Trump wins and maybe gains a little in the senate) or downright disastrous (Democrats are again completely swept out of power) 2020, 2021 will be remembered as the high water mark of the Southern GOP.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 03:07:39 PM »

Granpappy is spinning in his grave, haha: "The Confederacy, sans its capital!"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length