Political future of Julianna Stratton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:04:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of Julianna Stratton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of Julianna Stratton  (Read 898 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2019, 01:05:48 AM »

Julianna Stratton is the lieutenant governor under J.B. Pritzker's. What do you think her political future is?

I think she at least tries to angle towards the governor's mansion or one of the Senate seats.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 01:12:15 AM »

Governor when Pritzker gets thrown into prison.

jk pritzkers too rich.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 01:28:04 AM »

Governor when Pritzker gets thrown into prison.

jk pritzkers too rich.

I know this is Illinois, but is there solid evidence that J.B. Pritzker has done anything illegal while in office? He has probably done something illegal, but that doesn't mean he'll get prosecuted or face consequences.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »

This is Illinois. Knowing the state's governorship, she'll become Governor due to Pritzker being thrown in jail only for her to resign due to a major corruption scandal or something. As the old saying goes, "In Illinois, our Governors spend one term in Office and the Second in Jail."
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »

Either governor after two terms of Pritzker (though Illinois doesn't have a term limit) or Durbin's successor in the senate. I'd actually prefer Durbin retiring next year and Stratton replacing him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 08:18:04 PM »

Either governor after two terms of Pritzker (though Illinois doesn't have a term limit) or Durbin's successor in the senate. I'd actually prefer Durbin retiring next year and Stratton replacing him.
If Durbin retires, it’s more likely to be in 2032 than 2020. And when he does, assuming she’s not already Governor or Speaker or something, he’ll want Bustos to replace him.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 08:37:21 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2019, 10:28:31 PM by Priest of Moloch »

If Durbin retires at age 88 (!!) he's not going to get a 71-year-old Cheri Bustos to replace him lmao. The plan was originally for Durbin to retire this year and be replaced by Madigan, but that seems off the table for now. She'll get her shot at some point, but she (and a bunch of others) are in line ahead of both Bustos and Stratton.

Far too many variables to pick exactly where Stratton will end up, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up replacing Pat Dowell at some point. Secretary of State when White finally retires also feels like a good landing spot.

I know this is Illinois, but is there solid evidence that J.B. Pritzker has done anything illegal while in office? He has probably done something illegal, but that doesn't mean he'll get prosecuted or face consequences.
He is currently under federal investigation for tax fraud.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 10:19:18 PM »

I don’t mean he’s literally going to retire in 2032 - 2026 seems likely to me, as well, and I imagine Bustos, as his ally, has a good chance at winning the seat.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 10:29:53 PM »

I don’t mean he’s literally going to retire in 2032 - 2026 seems likely to me, as well, and I imagine Bustos, as his ally, has a good chance at winning the seat.
Sure, but Durbin doesn't run things here — he doesn't get to decide those things. Mid-term retirement w/ Madigan appointment feels like the most likely course of action. If it does go to a primary, I'd tap Raja as more likely than Bustos. He's already raising money for it.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 02:16:21 PM »

She'll probably be governor and lose to a IL GOPer in 2022 or 2026.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 05:44:50 PM »

She'll probably be governor and lose to a IL GOPer in 2022 or 2026.

Why would she? Illinois isn’t trending away from the Ds as long as Chicago and its burbs exists.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies