What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 31708 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 18, 2020, 09:08:51 AM »

A hundred years ago, when women just got the vote we'd have the same number of female posters as in 2019.

In the late 30's we'd have fash and free speech absolutists. Blue avatar Falangist Catholics and complaints that the mods had banned 'HorstWesselLives' because he'd 'merely' advocated for Jewish ethic ghettos.

In the 1950's European posters would be eye rolling at the need for a 'Coloreds Only US General Discussion Board.'

A third of posters would be John Anderson fans in 1980.

The forum would crash in November 2000 and be down for two months.

If you think this post is awesome, it is even then still underrated.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:17 AM »

If Atlas was around during Watergate:

SirWoodbury
★★★

Watergate Defendant McCord claims there was “political pressure” applied to other defendants to keep them quiet
« on: March 23, 1973, 12:42:06 pm »

FAKE NEWS! This whole scandal is a smear job against Nixon. He’s INNOCENT! I want names and recordings, if not, THEN I DON'T CARE!

BRTD
★★★

Watergate Defendant McCord claims there was “political pressure” applied to other defendants to keep them quiet

HAHAHHA I always knew Nixon was a good for nothing crook. LOCK HIM UP!

New School Republican
★★★

WH aid John Dean directly implicates Nixon in Watergate
« on: June 25, 1973, 8:02:46 pm »

I’m really conflicted, Dean could be lying, but could he be telling the truth? Honestly, if Nixon really did all these things I would feel so betrayed. I trust him.

Bronz
★★★

BREAKING: Nixon fires Special Prosecutor, AG resigns
« on: October 20, 1973, 9:41:56 pm »

Although, I do think President Nixon’s law and order policies have been helpful in protecting suburbs, like where I live, from the thuggery of the inner cities, this is absolutely unacceptable. Nixon should be impeached. Our President is a crook.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
★★★

Grand Jury indicts 7 Nixon aides
« on: March 1, 1974, 2:46:06 pm »

After some sincere thinking I believe Nixon is guilty. As a Republican it’s hard for me to admit this, but it’s obvious Nixon broke the law. He should be impeached. I’m honestly disappointed  in the President. This stuff is disgusting.

Badger
★★★

House Judiciary Committee approves Articles of Impeachment against Nixon
« on: July 30, 1974, 11:45:02 pm »

Thank god. It’s about time we got rid of this crook, sadly some Nixon hacks continue to defend him. It’s obvious to anyone that he’s guilty. I appreciate brave Republican Congressman who voted yes on the articles. Hopefully the Senate Convicts.

Jessica
★★★

White House Tapes implicate Nixon in Watergate Coverup
« on: August 6, 1974, 12:42:06 pm »

Come on guys! Sure, the recording shows he did it, but this wasn’t that bad, Nixon was just trying to cover it up because he felt bad. This isn’t impeachable, I hope he stays! #StandwithNixon

Nowhere near enough voice to text app errors in my post.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 11:16:17 PM »

If Atlas was around during Watergate:

SirWoodbury
★★★

FAKE NEWS! This whole scandal is a smear job against Nixon. He’s INNOCENT! I want names and recordings, if not, THEN I DON'T CARE!

BRTD
★★★

HAHAHHA I always knew Nixon was a good for nothing crook. LOCK HIM UP!

New School Republican
★★★

WH aid John Dean directly implicates Nixon in Watergate
« on: June 25, 1973, 8:02:46 pm »

I’m really conflicted, Dean could be lying, but could he be telling the truth? Honestly, if Nixon really did all these things I would feel so betrayed. I trust him.

Bronz
★★★

BREAKING: Nixon fires Special Prosecutor, AG resigns
« on: October 20, 1973, 9:41:56 pm »

Although, I do think President Nixon’s law and order policies have been helpful in protecting suburbs, like where I live, from the thuggery of the inner cities, this is absolutely unacceptable. Nixon should be impeached. Our President is a crook.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
★★★

Grand Jury indicts 7 Nixon aides
« on: March 1, 1974, 2:46:06 pm »

After some sincere thinking I believe Nixon is guilty. As a Republican it’s hard for me to admit this, but it’s obvious Nixon broke the law. He should be impeached. I’m honestly disappointed  in the President. This stuff is disgusting.

Badger
★★★

House Judiciary Committee approves Articles of Impeachment against Nixon
« on: July 30, 1974, 11:45:02 pm »

Thank god. It’s about time we got rid of this crook, sadly some Nixon hacks continue to defend him. It’s obvious to anyone that he’s guilty. I appreciate brave Republican Congressman who voted yes on the articles. Hopefully the Senate Convicts.

Jessica
★★★

White House Tapes implicate Nixon in Watergate Coverup
« on: August 6, 1974, 12:42:06 pm »

Come on guys! Sure, the recording shows he did it, but this wasn’t that bad, Nixon was just trying to cover it up because he felt bad. This isn’t impeachable, I hope he stays! #StandwithNixon

Nowhere near enough voice to text app errors in my post.

Wait, You use voice to text for posting?

Um, yes. Far more often than not. And the way my crappy voice to text app garbles my posts is something of an atlas running joke
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:20:12 PM »

Consul Suburban Carthago Nova Optimate
SPQR019
YaBB God

★★★★★

Petition to Ban SonOfNazareth
« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:27:05 am »

Seriously, can the mods please intervene? SonOfNazareth is the most boring troll on this site; his posts are completely nonsensical and are obvious bait. I am so sick of the Nazarene Cult that has sprung up around him. He doesn't post anything even remotely insightful and contributes literally nothing to the Talk Elections Agora. The people who stick up for him aren't funny. They're trolls, just like him.

Unconditional Surrender Caesar
Gaius Julius
Concerned Citizen

★★★★★

Re: Petition to Ban SonOfNazareth
« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:31:18 am »

No. SonOfNazareth is an agora institution.

Alexandrian Populares
AntonyFan41
YaBB God

★★★★★

« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:35:40 am »

Even if he were a troll, that would still make him a better poster than you.

Speaker PP
PontiusPilate
Modadmin
Agora Icon

★★★★★

« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:41:12 am »

The admin board is currently consulting with various scribes and Pharisees to determine whether or not any edicts were actually violated. We will be issuing a ruling on this matter soon.

Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory of the Crushing of Gnaeius Pompeius
Better Populares Than Dead
Agora Institution

★★★★★

« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:42:58 am »

Quote from: Speaker PP on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:41:12 am
The admin board is currently consulting with various scribes and Pharisees to determine whether or not any edicts were actually violated. We will be issuing a ruling on this matter soon.

Touch a hair on his head and you will have to answer to me.

MR. JESUS CHRIST
SonOfNazareth
Agora Legend

★★★★★

« on: March 22, 31 AD at 10:47:33 am »

its not a problem, love your enemies and bless those who do harm to you and pray for those who persecute you. he who laughs last has the last laugh

death is inevitable, salvation is not

Dule's back, baby!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 11:55:32 PM »

A word of advice, young friend. If you want to stop being teased, that is the exact last line you ever ever want to lose
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 01:12:28 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
YaBB God
★★★★★

BREAKING: President Lincoln SHOT (update: in comatose condition)
« on: April 14, 1865, 11:39:42 pm »

My goodness! How horrid! The president and his family will surely be in my prayers to-nite. He has lead our nation through such great ordeals. I fear his death could lead to a great undoing of his many accomplishments.

Horus
Sheliak5
YaBB God
★★★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:39:59 pm »

What bearing could this have on the war between the states? Could the Confederacy see some sort of sudden increase in support for their cause with President Lincoln unable to govern?

Arch
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:40:52 pm »

Quote from: Horus on April 14th, 1865, 11:39:59 PM
What bearing could this have on the war between the states? Could the Confederacy see some sort of sudden increase in support for their cause with President Lincoln unable to govern?
I should think not. Why must you insist the war continue to be some sort of ongoing matter? While there are indeed skirmishes ongoing with the lesser of the southern forces, the competitive phase of this war is now over and there is no reason why this attack on Lincoln should drive any sort of renewed support for the rebel cause.

Calhounfan
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:41:33 pm »

Let us be honest here. Someone just did this nation a tremendous favor. This assailant took upon himself the task of fulfilling the wishes of those who wish to see freedom from tyranny and the radicals who hold that the races are equal. The tree of liberty must be watered.

Joe Republic
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:41:58 pm »

Quote from: Calhounfan on April 14th, 1865, 11:41:33 PM
Let us be honest here. Someone just did this nation a tremendous favor. This assailant took upon himself the task of fulfilling the wishes of those who wish to see freedom from tyranny and the radicals who hold that the races are equal. The tree of liberty must be watered.
Spoken like a man whose greatest achievement in life was making the front page of the Weekly Illustrated Cringe Reader for having his mother comment on the size of his maypole.

Thad Stan
★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:42:23 pm »

Quote from: Joe Republic on April 14th, 1865, 11:41:58 PM
Spoken like a man whose greatest achievement in life was making the front page of the Weekly Illustrated Cringe Reader for having his mother comment on the size of his maypole.
Laughing aloud. Is that real? I absolutely must see this.

Joe Republic
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

« on: April 14, 1865, 11:42:49 pm »

Quote from: Thad Stan on April 14th, 1865, 11:42:23 PM
Quote from: Joe Republic on April 14th, 1865, 11:41:58 PM
Laughing aloud. Is that real? I absolutely must see this.
I assure you, it is very real. I shall dispatch a personal courier to you with a copy in all haste.

What the Internet would’ve looked like if it was around during the Civil War

(chef's kiss)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 07:13:22 PM »

Badger
★★★

Given Reagan’s abysmal job as president, will Mondale sweep all 50 states?
« on: November 2, 1984, 10:09:32 A.M. »

Reagan worshippers can deny it all they want, but for those of us who AREN’T delusional, the answer is fairly obvious.

Cute, but having actually been a teenage campaign volunteer for Mondale at the time I can tell you it was all too apparent that he was going to get creamed. We were just fighting for the good side and hoping for something less than a 49-state sweep.

That said, history has borne us out as correct.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 12:38:03 AM »

Badger
★★★

Given Reagan’s abysmal job as president, will Mondale sweep all 50 states?
« on: November 2, 1984, 10:09:32 A.M. »

Reagan worshippers can deny it all they want, but for those of us who AREN’T delusional, the answer is fairly obvious.

Cute, but having actually been a teenage campaign volunteer for Mondale at the time I can tell you it was all too apparent that he was going to get creamed. We were just fighting for the good side and hoping for something less than a 49-state sweep.

That said, history has borne us out as correct.

So tell me, if it was obvious you would lose, what exactly was the goal of the campaign? Obviously you were only a teenager, but were some other people on the campaign still holding onto hope? Was it just “lose as least-bad as possible”? Because that just seems rather pointless.

I mean, Trump was down only 5 points in polls and people said it was over for him, I can only imagine what people were saying when Mondale was down 18.

To do the right thing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 10:40:17 PM »

What? His giving me a yellow Avatar was absolute chef's kiss level touche
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies