What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:29:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 31702 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« on: September 20, 2020, 06:31:56 PM »

KoopaDaQuick
Unga God
★★★★★

cool uses for rocks
« on: September 20, 2600020 B.C. at 6:31:56 pm »

OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA

SMASH COCK WITH ROCK
SMASH COCK WITH ROCK
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:32 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 04:18:36 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

Suburban New
Jersey Trumanite

S019
Concerned Citizen

★★★★★

Re: Is S019 a communist?
« on October 5, 1951 at 03:27:12 pm »
Okay, this hearing needs to stop mocking me

Sen. Joseph
McCarthy

commiekilla1908
Literal Atlas Politician

★★★★★

Re: Is S019 a communist?
« on: October 5, 1951 at 05:20:11 pm »

Shut the f#ck up, commie.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:29 PM »

In an alternate universe...

jack
Atlas Progenitor
★★★★★

Re: Recent bans 2.0
« on: January 8, 2021, 05:21:55 pm »

realDonaldTrump has been permanently banned. After close review of recent posts from him and the context around them, we have permanently banned the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence on the forum.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:45:24 PM »

End of a success
KoopaDaQuick
YaBB God

★★★★★

as someone who is rarely notable and unique enough to be featured in these kinds of things, i'm super flattered Smiley

if i were to join a spanish political party, i'd probably join podemos or psoe, but being an indy has its perks, especially as i don't know much about non-british european politics Tongue
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 02:56:09 PM »

End of a success
KoopaDaQuick
YaBB God

★★★★★

as someone who is rarely notable and unique enough to be featured in these kinds of things, i'm super flattered Smiley

if i were to join a spanish political party, i'd probably join podemos or psoe, but being an indy has its perks, especially as i don't know much about non-british european politics Tongue

Come to think about it, depending on what point of the 90s I would be thinking about (especially if it was 1996), a username of "Koopadaquick" would be quite weird given Super Mario 64 wouldn't be released in Europe until 1997 Tongue (not to mention the N64 flopped hard in Europe, Europe for the most part went from Sega to PlayStation and Nintendo never really had that much success)

Well that, and it's more likely that I'd call myself KoopaElRápido, assuming that I was a time traveller who got to play the N64 before it released. Maybe I'd name myself after a Super Nintendo character? Or perhaps a Genesis Mega Drive one? No sé. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 05:56:23 PM »

End of a success
KoopaDaQuick
YaBB God

★★★★★

Come to think about it, depending on what point of the 90s I would be thinking about (especially if it was 1996), a username of "Koopadaquick" would be quite weird given Super Mario 64 wouldn't be released in Europe until 1997 Tongue (not to mention the N64 flopped hard in Europe, Europe for the most part went from Sega to PlayStation and Nintendo never really had that much success)

Well that, and it's more likely that I'd call myself KoopaElRápido, assuming that I was a time traveller who got to play the N64 before it released. Maybe I'd name myself after a Super Nintendo character? Or perhaps a Genesis Mega Drive one? No sé. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually, most video games in the 80s and 90s were released in English only, including SM64 Tongue

Spanish language translations started being a thing in the late 90s. For example, the translation of Metal Gear Solid for example is recognized as great; while the Spanish version of Final Fantasy VII is broadly considered hilariously mistranslated one. For example routinely misgenders several main characters lol. (European) Spanish translations would not become the norm until the 2000s.

Yeah that's fair. I assumed that was the case as PAL games featuring multiple languages wasn't a thing until the 64, and even still, I doubt most games even had it. I just went off of Koopa's Super Mario Wiki article, although I doubted it would be correct as (a) it doesn't specify Latin American vs. European Spanish, (b) it didn't specify if this was the name from the N64 version of SM64, the DS version, or the Switch version, and (c) I remember playing a PAL N64 game once and saw the language select screen, although I only saw English, French, and German, with Castilian nowhere to be found.

And yeah, translations of old Japanese Famicom games can be pretty hit or miss, even back in the 80s and 90s when official translations were the only ones you could feasibly get for the most part, and they were definitely not safe from errors, "Bimmy & Jimmy" and "all your base are belong to us" are two classic examples that I can think of off the top of my head.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 09:16:37 PM »

Caveman #1

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #1 on: A very long time ago »

MAN...DISCOVER...FIRE! NOW....WE....COOK....FOOD!!!!

Caveman #2

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #2 on: A very long time ago »

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY! WHAT'S NEXT? A ROUND SPINNING THING THAT WILL ONE DAY MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO?

Caveman #3

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #3 on: A very long time ago »

A SPINNING THING THAT WILL MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO? COME ON DON'T BE STUPID! LET'S JUST ENJOY THE FIRE!!!

KoopaDaQuick
Unga God
★★★★★

cool uses for rocks
« on: September 20, 2600020 B.C. at 6:31:56 pm »

OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA

SMASH COCK WITH ROCK
SMASH COCK WITH ROCK

I'm suing over trademark infringement.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 07:40:10 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2022, 07:43:27 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Concerned Citizen

★★★★★

Germany demands control of Poland
« on: August 29, 1939, 9:22:17 am »
Even if support for Poland is more morally correct (which is very debatable), the objective of American foreign policy should be to promote the interests of the American people and seek action which directly benefits the American people.

A war in Europe, or even escalation at all, does not benefit the American people, and actually hurts them. Besides tons of taxpayer money spent and American teenagers dying in a hypothetical conflict, further action against Germany simply pushes them further into the column with Soviet Union, which is our real enemy and competitor both militarily and economically. Hitler is barely powerful in comparison. More sanctions will inevitably make them rely more on the Soviet Union's production, which in turn boosts the reds and screws over American workers and power.

The almost obsessive anger America's foreign policy elite has against Germany is based entirely on an idealistic, radio show-esque urge to "liberate" the people of Germany against Hitler's regime and the perils of social traditionalism. This will fail principally due to the German Fuehrer/administration actually being relatively popular among citizens (much to the dismay of American elites and to the contrary of American "liberation" doctrine) and the majority of the Germany citizenry is socially traditionalist and oppose Judaism and the types of flagrant demonstration that American elites soyface over.

This anger against Germany also lacks legitimacy and is inherently not pragmatic. Even Chamberlain in 1938 called Churchill's hawkish foreign policy views on Germany an outdated remnant of the great war. That of course was before Germany's anti-Jew policies began getting western media attention and American elites started realizing the benefits of initiating a culture war. At the end of the day, a war with Germany, or any escalation at all on behalf of the US is principally driven by an out of touch and idealistic elite at the expense of the American people. It's time we stop running our country like a radio show and start moving into reality.

A show I listen to often makes great points on this topic, Chicago-area forum readers should listen on WWKQ at 6pm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies