What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:04:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 31698 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2022, 08:34:14 AM »
« edited: May 09, 2022, 08:40:26 AM by Sir Mohamed 🇺🇸 🇺🇦 »

Yesterday this somehow came to my mind during a walk in the woods, so I needed to write it down immediately after:

The Pieman
Junior chimp
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« on: May 9, 1987, 02:56:54 pm »

Could he be a serious contender? When you watch his recent TV appearances and his talk about trade, I think he could have a winning message. Many people are tired how we get destroyed on trade by Japan and West Germany, among others. Like Reagan, Trump could run as the outsider to reform Washington. What do you think?

Badger
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 1987, 03:16:33 pm »

We’re tired of getting destroyed? What are you talking about? Dude, you’re from Australia.

The thing is not that Donald Trump is clown, I mean we already elected and reelected a clown, but that a rich New Yorker has zero appeal to Southern racists, which are the new GOP base.  

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Star
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 1987, 03:44:01 pm »

A lot people agree with his tough talk on crime. He says what many think, but are afraid to say these days and was considered mainstream to the mid 60s. If Trump were to run for president, he would gain a lot of support among police and law enforcement. Let’s be honest, black crime is a serious problem and politicians of both parties failed to address this matter.

Cops are not getting behind Bush with his elitist background. Some may also have issues with his carpet bagging in Texas. A lot of catholic Italian Americans in NJ don’t like that. They’re independents and want higher wages for police officers and firefighters.

MR. JASSEE JACKSON
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 1987, 03:50:50 pm »

Pieman is again promoting R talking pts. We live in high Aids environment and Raygun was corrupted with Iran Contra, which is why approvals are down despite Modern School R saying hes popular. No, he is not.

Trumo is rich NY Businessman and former D like Willkie, whom lost to wheelchair prez 44(54 due to WWII. Rs cant run on wartime again and Carter was first prez not sending troops to war after Nixon ended draft. CARTER only lost due to Anderson and Ds not winning senate. But its not 1980 anymore, as a result South isnt locked for Rs. AAs can vote for JACKSON after GGRG WALLACE appointed blcks to govt posts in last term. Old South is dead like Richard Russell who died in senate😵😵

The Reagan Virus
Nixonfan
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 1987, 04:12:26 pm »

The only thing Donald Trump ever got running is his mouth. This clown is never going to be president. Regardless, he’d be a massive upgrade from Reagan with his corruption. If Nixon could get impeached and forced to resignation, why can’t we get rid of Reagan? But I guess American voters are dumb enough to elect George HW Freakin’ Bush.

Sir Mohamed
Mohamed
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 1987, 04:19:56 pm »

Nah, not happening. A ridiculous suggestion. The dude is never going to run, he’s just doing PR Stunts.

This is almost like suggesting some random candidate as D nominee. Someone like Joe Biden? LOL! That’ll be something: Biden vs. Trump. Discuss with maps.

Modern School Republican
Computer59
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 1987, 04:29:16 pm »

Lmao no. Republican nomination gets whoever Reagan endorses and it is not Trump . President Reagan the modern day icon of the party because he ended New Deal consensus and America entered a new golden age while USSR is on the brink of collapse . Reagan will certainly endorse HW, whos the favorite .

Trump could be a contender for VP or Commerce Secretary in a Bush cabinet though

MR. JASSEE JACKSON
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 1987, 04:44:51 pm »

Quote from: Modern School Republican
Lmao no. Republican nomination gets whoever Reagan endorses and it is not Trump . President Reagan the modern day icon of the party because he ended New Deal consensus and America entered a new golden age and USSR is on the brink of collapse . Reagan will certainly endorse HW, whos the favorite .

Trump could be a contender for VP or Commerce Secretary in a Bush cabinet though

Lol, you said Rs are winning MIDTERMS last yr and it became BLUE WAVE🌊 as I predicted. You were wrong again, that’s why youre not posting in approvals thread anymore like pbower2A nut maps. Reagan got corrupted in Iran Contra due to fact he bribed Khamenei on hostages which is why Carter lost and couldnt put next THURGOOD MARSHALL😍 on CRT and ended up with Sandra Connor. But Raygun wont have next appointment Rs want haha CHAIRMAN BIDEN in Judiciary COMMTE said nominees like Bork are not approved anyways. Its second Saturday Night Massacre. Consequently, impeachment against prez for IRAN CONTRA can still happen. Bloggers need to realize its just May and evidence for IMPEACHMENT is coming in, while 600 dayz left to election and a lot can happen😁

Modern School is R hack like MT Treasurer and Election Guy. Hes always Safe R, doesnt believe in secular waves

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 1987, 05:01:27 pm »

The Republican Party will be obnoxious enough to nominate another incompetent moron, though I don’t see a clown like Trump on the horizon. He could indeed end up on the ticket though, which would be peak GOP stupidity.

Out of question Bush will run, but definitely face stiff competition because of his role in Iran Contra. He’s certainly involved, if not the main proponent of this scandal, pulling the strings behind Dementia Ron. Which is actually worse than Watergate and Republicans pretend everything didn’t happen because they can’t admit their hero Ronald Reagan is just a senile old fool who also happens to be corrupt through and through. The fact so many blue avatars still defend him and attack me personally for calling out their hypocrisy is mindboggling. It reminds of “NYC Boomer Minority”, who got BANNED after praising Nixon even in August ’74. The double standard of many Republicans is so ridiculous now that Reagan got caught lying!

That’s why the Republican Party, which should really drop the term GOP because they are not great, has lost my vote for the foreseeable future. I gladly voted for Ford in 1976 because I thought he deserved a term of his own, but as long as they’re embracing the worst elements of society and folks like Trump are even discussed, it’s a hard no. Democrats should nominate Cuomo or Gore in 1988.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 1987, 05:10:36 pm »

A majority of the Democratic Party would enthusiastically back a multimillionaire joke guy like Trump over a true change candidate like Jesse Jackson.

ERM34MAN
 Junior chimp
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 1987, 05:16:50 pm »

Would Trump win Queens and Nassau County then? How would he fare against Mario Cuomo in a battle of New Yorkers?

MR. JASSEE
JACKSON

olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 1987, 06:38:52 pm »

Raygun is done anyways

The Trump
Crushing Machine

BRTD
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »

LMFAO!!

Too bad the guy calling it 30 years early hasn’t logged in for over two decades.

MR. CORY BOOKER
olawakandi
Secular King
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »

Trumo is at 39 approvals, as a result its a 278 freiwall again. He was 1-hit-wonder due to Comey letter and Bill Clinton having issues with females. 2020 prez is Safe D😎

Mr. Morden
 Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #14 on: November 8, 2020, 09:26:59 am »

Quote from: Sir Mohamed
Nah, not happening. A ridiculous suggestion. The dude is never going to run, he’s just doing PR Stunts.

This is almost like suggesting some random candidate as D nominee. Someone like Joe Biden? LOL! That’ll be something: Biden vs. Trump. Discuss with maps.

Congratulations, Sir.

MR. KAYNE WEST
olawakandi
Secular King
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #15 on: November 8, 2020, 09:40:34 pm »

Quote from: Mr. Morden

Congratulations, Sir.

Sir Muhammad is R apologist, he said Ds are gonna lose GA but Warnock is 50(48. Sir Muhammed also predicted W BUSH winning 400 R nut map in 2004

progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2022, 12:32:49 PM »

Atlas Forum- June 28-29, 1969

"Avowed homosexuals riot in New York City, attack cops.  QUEEN BEES STINGING MAD! haha"

REAGAN_FOR_PRESIDENT: "Disgusting.  Thank God we've got Dick in the White House to get rid of this perversion.  Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"
GREAT_SOCIETY: "I'm a liberal, but this is going WAYYYYYY too far."
WE_WANT_WALLACE: "I'm opposed to this.  They're grooming our children for this sick lifestyle."

Atlas Forum- June 26, 2015

Supreme Court rules that gay marriage bans are unconstitutional

REAGAN_FOR_PRESIDENT: "Wonderful news!  Everyone's invited to my son's wedding!"
GREAT_SOCIETY: "I'm a conservative, but this is a great victory for the LGBTQQA community."
WE_WANT_WALLACE: "I'm opposed to this.  They're grooming the kids for this sick lifestyle."
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2022, 12:47:08 PM »

Amazing Post by Sir Mohammed and yes I definitely could imagine me saying that and its very possible I would be viewed as the SN of that forum lol.

Also its spot on, as if you told anyone in 1987 that Trump became President, liberals would actually be more happier than conservatives because the assumption would be that that the Rockefeller Republicans retook control of the party .
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2022, 03:11:30 PM »

This is pure gold!

My favorite part is OC having reached over a million posts after over 30 years of posting and received the rank of "Secular King". Also, "The Reagan Virus" is also quite funny, with the username "Nixonfan." And Fuzzy Bear as partisan Democratic hack is hilarious.

Did BRTD ever use this display name?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2022, 12:28:07 AM »

OC's post count exceeding BRTD's is a lovely detail.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2022, 02:47:08 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2022, 03:11:33 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It would be more right wing than it is now because Rs would of been winning elections.

I am not a DOOMER I am optimistic I don't make R NUT MAPS, but I am a Biden supporter not a hack like many Atlasia was in 2020, but the only reason why Ds aren't doing great like normally the supposed to is because of this war and Gas prices and BIDEN LIED AND SAID THAT HE WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET RID OF COVID, BLINKIN AND GARLAND ARE UTTER FAILURES, they were not the right people and Biden said with all his experience as a Legislative body, he was better fit than Bernie Sanders or Cory Booker to be Prez, LOL HE LET SINEMA BEAT HIM ON VOTING RIGHTS

THATS NOT WHAT HE SAID WHEN HE RAN FOR PREZ HE SAID HE CAN PERSUADE ANYONE, HE LIED

Nevertheless the D's lead by 3 on GCB the Election is not lost yet

Some people have Biden and Harris bumper stickers and 2020 is over
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2022, 06:32:07 AM »

AMAZING work, Sir Mohamed!

You're only missing coolface Sr.'s newest sock ("Proud Reagan Republican") boasting about how Minnesota will flip in 1992.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2022, 06:55:50 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2022, 11:27:33 PM by MR. JOE BYRON »

Shamelessly nerdy Harry Potter universe Atlas canon that came to me last night at 3 AM:

Lemmie add on to this. How could we forget the legend and the true chosen one?

MR SEVERUS SNAPE
Olawakandi
Atlas Institution

★★★★★★

Hogwarts now offering "muggle studies" course to "reconcile wizardkind's problematic history with nonmagicked persons"
« on: January 12, 1993 at 12:05:24 PM »

It would be more dark wizardry than it is now because G’s would of been losing house cup.

I am not a DOOMER I am optimistic I don't make Voldemort NUT PREDICTIONS, like other slytherins like Draco who has been very silent recently with his NUT PREDITCTIONS, but I am a Harry supporter not a hack like many Slytherin was when Harry came, but the only reason why G’s aren't doing great like normally the supposed to is because of this chamber of secrets DUMBLEDORE LIED AND SAID THAT HARRY WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET RID OF VOLDEMORT, RON AND HERMOINE ARE UTTER FAILURES, they were not the right people and Dumbledore said with all his power as the boy who lived, he was better fit than Neville or Percy to be in Hogz, LOL HE LET DRACO BEAT HIM ON BLAME FOR THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

THATS NOT WHAT DUMBLEDORE SAID WHEN HE FOUND HARRY HE SAID HE COULD DEFEAT VOLDEMORT, HE LIED

Nevertheless Harry is only 3rd year and it is not lost yet

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2022, 02:34:02 PM »

Noordhollander
Joonier Cheempansee
★★★★★

Tulpenbol Liefhebber Meegathreed
« on: November 17, 1636, 10:14:05 am »

I thought it might be fun for us tulip investeerders to have a thread to talk about our recent trades and the future of the market. Tulip magnate Eeloon Mooskenhoeven says that Admirael van der Eijck tulpenbols are appreciating quickly and are the currency of tomorrow. I personally bought some van der Eijk futures recently and my investeermeent has appreciated almost tenfold.

Anki van Zeeland
Eetlas Icon
★★★★★

Re: Tulpenbol Liefhebber Meegathreed
« on: November 17, 1636, 10:20:16 am »

Mooskenhoeven fanjogens are the worst people on this site.

Kraanechtgenoot
Eetlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: November 17, 1636, 10:23:43 am »

You're not even buying tulpenbols. You're buying pieces of paper that entitle you to a tulpenbol sometime in the future, if and when it actually materializes.

Tulpenbol psychopaths will literally pay 4,100 guilders for a slip of paper denoting ownership over a Semper Augustus while members of the lagere klassen starve.

Foorumloerker
Eetlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: November 17, 1636, 10:27:17 am »

None of this will matter when the zwarte pest kills us all. This pointless speculation is being caused by people's subconscious understanding that they are just whistling past the begraafplaats.

This could have all been avoided, but some of you can spend eight hours a day trading tulip futures but won't sacrifice 30 seconds to wash your hands.

Peeben
Joonier Cheempansee
★★★★★

« on: November 17, 1636, 10:34:29 am »

Quote from: Foorumloerker
None of this will matter when the zwarte pest kills us all. This pointless speculation is being caused by people's subconscious understanding that they are just whistling past the begraafplaats.

This could have all been avoided, but some of you can spend eight hours a day trading tulip futures but won't sacrifice 30 seconds to wash your hands.

You must be fun at parties.

Vaagbeer
Eetlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: November 17, 1636, 10:35:12 am »

Quote from: Foorumloerker

I'd rather break out in boils than walk around looking like this:

(Eemagsoorz: Weekeepeedeea)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2022, 03:43:42 PM »

Yesterday this somehow came to my mind during a walk in the woods, so I needed to write it down immediately after:

The Pieman
Junior chimp
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« on: May 9, 1987, 02:56:54 pm »

Could he be a serious contender? When you watch his recent TV appearances and his talk about trade, I think he could have a winning message. Many people are tired how we get destroyed on trade by Japan and West Germany, among others. Like Reagan, Trump could run as the outsider to reform Washington. What do you think?

Badger
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 1987, 03:16:33 pm »

We’re tired of getting destroyed? What are you talking about? Dude, you’re from Australia.

The thing is not that Donald Trump is clown, I mean we already elected and reelected a clown, but that a rich New Yorker has zero appeal to Southern racists, which are the new GOP base.  

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Star
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 1987, 03:44:01 pm »

A lot people agree with his tough talk on crime. He says what many think, but are afraid to say these days and was considered mainstream to the mid 60s. If Trump were to run for president, he would gain a lot of support among police and law enforcement. Let’s be honest, black crime is a serious problem and politicians of both parties failed to address this matter.

Cops are not getting behind Bush with his elitist background. Some may also have issues with his carpet bagging in Texas. A lot of catholic Italian Americans in NJ don’t like that. They’re independents and want higher wages for police officers and firefighters.

MR. JASSEE JACKSON
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 1987, 03:50:50 pm »

Pieman is again promoting R talking pts. We live in high Aids environment and Raygun was corrupted with Iran Contra, which is why approvals are down despite Modern School R saying hes popular. No, he is not.

Trumo is rich NY Businessman and former D like Willkie, whom lost to wheelchair prez 44(54 due to WWII. Rs cant run on wartime again and Carter was first prez not sending troops to war after Nixon ended draft. CARTER only lost due to Anderson and Ds not winning senate. But its not 1980 anymore, as a result South isnt locked for Rs. AAs can vote for JACKSON after GGRG WALLACE appointed blcks to govt posts in last term. Old South is dead like Richard Russell who died in senate😵😵

The Reagan Virus
Nixonfan
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 1987, 04:12:26 pm »

The only thing Donald Trump ever got running is his mouth. This clown is never going to be president. Regardless, he’d be a massive upgrade from Reagan with his corruption. If Nixon could get impeached and forced to resignation, why can’t we get rid of Reagan? But I guess American voters are dumb enough to elect George HW Freakin’ Bush.

Sir Mohamed
Mohamed
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 1987, 04:19:56 pm »

Modern School Republican
Computer59
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 1987, 04:29:16 pm »

Lmao no. Republican nomination gets whoever Reagan endorses and it is not Trump . President Reagan the modern day icon of the party because he ended New Deal consensus and America entered a new golden age while USSR is on the brink of collapse . Reagan will certainly endorse HW, whos the favorite .

MR. JASSEE JACKSON
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 1987, 04:44:51 pm »

Quote from: Modern School Republican
Lmao no. Republican nomination gets whoever Reagan endorses and it is not Trump . President Reagan the modern day icon of the party because he ended New Deal consensus and America entered a new golden age and USSR is on the brink of collapse . Reagan will certainly endorse HW, whos the favorite .

Lol, you said Rs are winning MIDTERMS last yr and it became BLUE WAVE🌊 as I predicted. You were wrong again, that’s why youre not posting in approvals thread anymore like pbower2A nut maps. Reagan got corrupted in Iran Contra due to fact he bribed Khamenei on hostages which is why Carter lost and couldnt put next THURGOOD MARSHALL😍 on CRT and ended up with Sandra Connor. But Raygun wont have next appointment Rs want haha CHAIRMAN BIDEN in Judiciary COMMTE said nominees like Bork are not approved anyways. Its second Saturday Night Massacre. Consequently, impeachment against prez for IRAN CONTRA can still happen. Bloggers need to realize its just May and evidence for IMPEACHMENT is coming in, while 600 dayz left to election and a lot can happen😁

Modern School is R hack like MT Treasurer and Election Guy. Hes always Safe R, doesnt believe in secular waves

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 1987, 05:01:27 pm »

The Republican Party will be obnoxious enough to nominate another incompetent moron, though I don’t see a clown like Trump on the horizon. He could indeed end up on the ticket though, which would be peak GOP stupidity.

Out of question Bush will run, but definitely face stiff competition because of his role in Iran Contra. He’s certainly involved, if not the main proponent of this scandal, pulling the strings behind Dementia Ron. Which is actually worse than Watergate and Republicans pretend everything didn’t happen because they can’t admit their hero Ronald Reagan is just a senile old fool who also happens to be corrupt through and through. The fact so many blue avatars still defend him and attack me personally for calling out their hypocrisy is mindboggling. It reminds of “NYC Boomer Minority”, who got BANNED after praising Nixon even in August ’74. The double standard of many Republicans is so ridiculous now that Reagan got caught lying!

That’s why the Republican Party, which should really drop the term GOP because they are not great, has lost my vote for the foreseeable future. I gladly voted for Ford in 1976 because I thought he deserved a term of his own, but as long as they’re embracing the worst elements of society and folks like Trump are even discussed, it’s a hard no. Democrats should nominate Cuomo or Gore in 1988.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 1987, 05:10:36 pm »

A majority of the Democratic Party would enthusiastically back a multimillionaire joke guy like Trump over a true change candidate like Jesse Jackson.

ERM34MAN
 Junior chimp
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 1987, 05:16:50 pm »

Would Trump win Queens and Nassau County then? How would he fare against Mario Cuomo in a battle of New Yorkers?

MR. JASSEE
JACKSON

olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 1987, 06:38:52 pm »

Raygun is done anyways

The Trump
Crushing Machine

BRTD
Atlas icon
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »

LMFAO!!

Too bad the guy calling it 30 years early hasn’t logged in for over two decades.

MR. CORY BOOKER
olawakandi
Secular King
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »

Trumo is at 39 approvals, as a result its a 278 freiwall again. He was 1-hit-wonder due to Comey letter and Bill Clinton having issues with females. 2020 prez is Safe D😎

Mr. Morden
 Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #14 on: November 8, 2020, 09:26:59 am »

Congratulations, Sir.

MR. KAYNE WEST
olawakandi
Secular King
★★★★★

Donald Trump?
« Reply #15 on: November 8, 2020, 09:40:34 pm »

Quote from: Mr. Morden

Congratulations, Sir.

Sir Muhammad is R apologist, he said Ds are gonna lose GA but Warnock is 50(48. Sir Muhammed also predicted W BUSH winning 400 R nut map in 2004

When I call Sir Muhammad out it's a reason behind it, he sounds so much like Election Guy AZ, NV going R and CCM and Mark Kelly have been leading in the polls and SISOLAK and then Karo Lake is only 1 pt ahead of all Ds challenges, why because we don't even know if she will certify Kelly if he wins, she said Trump won, we need a DG I'm AZ and Mark Kelly is no push over he is running in a Midterm yr not Sinema and Laxalt and Heller and LePage are retreads, Laxalt was leading SISOLAK on the eve of Election 2018 and LOST
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2022, 04:42:26 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2022, 04:46:05 PM by darklordoftech »

GeneralMacArthur would complain about Ralph Nader and Michael Moore a lot in 2000-2004. In 1994 he would blame Ross Perot for the rise of Gingrich, and in 1988 he would blame Jesse Jackson for HW’s victory.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2022, 09:20:22 PM »

ED
ExtremeDemocrat
YaBB God

★★★★★

Opinion of William Jennings Bryan
« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:05:24 PM »

What is your opinion of the Democratic Presidential nominee? I personally like that he's a very good Christian who would counter the evil influences of New York and Yankeedom. His economic policy could be more conservative but overall he's great.

Gilded Age Forever
theflyingmongoose
Junior Chimp

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:06:14 PM »

Possibly the worst candidate of the Democrats yet. In addition to supporting marxism for the poor and uneducated, he is an extremely racist person who will sell out to the dumb, rural lunahicks. As a decent Republican, I believe that Black people should have the opportunity to run their own monopolies.

Dixieland
Yellowhammer
YaBB God

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:06:39 PM »

Of course Mongoose would advocate for the subjugation of poor rural whites. These people are some of the hardest working people in the world and should obviously be held above the [REDACTED], who were of course better off under slavery.

September Is Robber Baron Pride Month
John Dule
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:06:44 PM »

I don't like him (INSERT AMAZING MEME). He is the type of person who would enforce burdensome regulations on my tenement housing. From a constitutional perspective, the government can't stop me from putting ten families in a room and charging a 10% markup.

Bronz
bronz1896
YaBB God

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:07:61 PM »

Many police officers who stopped by my pub said that they don't trust McKinley to keep their communities safe. According to one, "McKinley will let the Blacks into the city to destroy our neighborhoods"

Opinion of this quote?

NotADoomer
SnowLabrador
YaBB God

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:08:19 PM »

I think he'll win every electoral vote and then die, putting Benjamin Tillman in power. Tillman will end voting rights and murder all non-WASPs. No elections will ever be held again.

Big Willie
Abdullah
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:08:55 PM »

Recommend  |  1 people recommend this.

April Showers Bring May Drinking
BRTD
Atlas Prophet

★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:08:55 PM »

I'm excited. His great performance in rural areas will let me get weed from Democratic precincts!

MR TED ROSEFELT
olawakandi
Secular King

★★★★★★★

« on: September 12, 1896 at 12:07:61 PM »

HaHA SnowLaab dooming. It's sixty days til election, McKinley is up 45)39 in pills. It;s gonna be  SECULAR WAVE 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 and 260 EV thanks to Lake Michigan friewal, Rs can pass anti-lunching bill with 53 sts.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2022, 09:32:06 PM »

Extreme Republican would not be a democrat in those days . Keep in mind that :

1. WASP style republicans were the equivalent of the Evangelicals in those days

2. McKinley did really well for a Republican in TN
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2022, 10:01:36 PM »

Extreme Republican would not be a democrat in those days . Keep in mind that :

1. WASP style republicans were the equivalent of the Evangelicals in those days

2. McKinley did really well for a Republican in TN
IMO he'd be a member of the Prohibition Party
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2022, 10:05:00 PM »

WASP style republicans were the equivalent of the Evangelicals in those days
I’m pretty sure Episcopalians weren’t the ones pushing for Prohibition.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2022, 12:46:15 AM »

Thats not what the WASP's of those days were. WASP's those days were defined by these things generally:

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

- Fear nation is moving away from them on values

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2022, 02:56:08 AM »

Thats not what the WASP's of those days were. WASP's those days were defined by these things generally:

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

Yes, but their values were generally less agrarian and socially conservative. I put ER as a Southern Democrat because they liked strong moral values, and since ER is southern I figured he'd fit in better. All the WASPs in Massachusetts would laugh at his opinions.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2022, 03:04:24 AM »

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

Yes, but their values were generally less agrarian and socially conservative. I put ER as a Southern Democrat because they liked strong moral values, and since ER is southern I figured he'd fit in better. All the WASPs in Massachusetts would laugh at his opinions.

ER is not an agrarian , he’s a suburban sunbelt social conservative that really didn’t exist in those days at all and I believe his family moved from the north to the south at some point . Like I highly doubt ER would be a southerner in the 1890s but even even McKinley got 46% in that state and WJB underperformed in much of the south .

Lastly Massachusetts if today isn’t anywhere near the same as the Massachusetts of the 1890s which was extremely socially conservative. Also no the WASP would not laugh at him at all cause they pretty much were the equalivent  of evangelicals today and not the WASPs of today . You need to really read the Yankee threads where he basically points out the fallacy of using todays perception of states to describe how they were ideologically back then .

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2022, 04:11:00 AM »

If Atlas existed in the 80s I would have had a D avatar just because I would hate Reagan so much. I would bash him in like every post lol
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2022, 08:35:08 AM »

If Atlas existed in the 80s I would have had a D avatar just because I would hate Reagan so much. I would bash him in like every post lol

And a blue avatar in the 90s because you would hate Clinton?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2022, 08:37:54 AM »

And a blue avatar in the 90s because you would hate Clinton?
I would be a HUGE Buchanan stan. However I would probably stay an independent because I can't stand Bush or Dole
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2022, 11:07:26 AM »

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

ER is not an agrarian , he’s a suburban sunbelt social conservative that really didn’t exist in those days at all and I believe his family moved from the north to the south at some point . Like I highly doubt ER would be a southerner in the 1890s but even even McKinley got 46% in that state and WJB underperformed in much of the south .

Lastly Massachusetts if today isn’t anywhere near the same as the Massachusetts of the 1890s which was extremely socially conservative. Also no the WASP would not laugh at him at all cause they pretty much were the equalivent  of evangelicals today and not the WASPs of today . You need to really read the Yankee threads where he basically points out the fallacy of using todays perception of states to describe how they were ideologically back then .

Eh. I tried to fit everyone in in their states, even if I had to take some liberty. Not to mention, ER would have probably voted for WJB since he was famously very religious.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2022, 11:13:47 AM »

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

Eh. I tried to fit everyone in in their states, even if I had to take some liberty. Not to mention, ER would have probably voted for WJB since he was famously very religious.

I’m sorry but this is not a good understanding of the 1896 election at all since WJB underperformed in the south especially in the more affluent parts of it . WJB was literally like the Bernie/AOC of that time while McKinley was basically the Youngkin of that time and I highly doubt ER would not vote for the Youngkin .

McKinley was no liberal on social issues at all
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2022, 01:13:35 PM »

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

The Episcopal Church has a long and proud history of functional alcoholism. Please do not impugn my heritage by suggesting otherwise.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2022, 09:07:36 PM »

- Being Affluent

- Being very Moralistic

I’m sorry but this is not a good understanding of the 1896 election at all since WJB underperformed in the south especially in the more affluent parts of it . WJB was literally like the Bernie/AOC of that time while McKinley was basically the Youngkin of that time and I highly doubt ER would not vote for the Youngkin .

McKinley was no liberal on social issues at all

Virginia isn't really a southern state anymore. And Youngkin is not comparable to ER.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies