What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 31399 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2021, 09:10:02 PM »
« edited: December 09, 2021, 09:52:57 PM by Ishan »

Fuzzy Bear
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Political Matrix
E: -2.38 S: 1.33

Re: Are there any Democrats for McCain?
« on: October 21, 2008 at 05:12:34 pm »

I am voting for John McCain in spite of opposing the war in Iraq because he is the more experienced candidate and the candidate I believe can lead America. I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Bush in 2000, and before that I abstained in 1980. I almost changed my vote after Palin's incompetency was displayed.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Political Matrix
E: -2.38 S: 1.33

Re: Are there any Democrats for McCain?
« on: October 21, 2008 at 05:12:34 pm »

I am voting for John McCain in spite of opposing the war in Iraq because he is the more experienced candidate and the candidate I believe can lead America. I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Bush in 2000, and before that I abstained in 1980. I almost changed my vote after Palin's incompetency was displayed.

change this url to whatever for 2004/2008/2012 banners
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/year/Banners/bannert number.png
for example
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2008/Banners/bannert4.png
is

and for 2016/2020
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2016/2020/Banners/bannernumber.png
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2020/Banners/banner9.png
is

and for primaries
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/PRIMARY/CAMPAIGN/2016/2020D/banners/bannernumber.png for Dems
https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/PRIMARY/CAMPAIGN/2016/2020R/banners/bannernumber.png

for example

https://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/PRIMARY/CAMPAIGN/2020D/banners/banner12.png is

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2021, 10:09:54 PM »

S019
Suburban New Jersey Conservative
YaBB God
★★★★★

Re: Black People Are Coming to the Cities
« on: July 18, 1969 at 07:50:15 am »

The Black People are coming to the cities, they are hoarding the cities and ruining them, and they are bringing crime! I'm moving to Morristown, New Jersey where we can live away from the blacks. We should ban drugs and guns for black people to stop the crime and we should have a war on drugs.

[signature: VOTE SUBURBAN FOR COUNCILOR]

Yes, it's a great idea to use this great thread as tool to baselessly and unfairly insinuate a poster you dislike is racist...especially considering that S019 has indicated he himself is a minority (an Indian-American, in fact, like both of us). This was not a good thing of you to do.
I do regret making this post and it has been a year since I made it. I made this post because I disliked S019 mainly because of Atlasia stuff, which is stupid.

Fair enough. It's also sad that that post got 12 recommends. Bullying or meanness of any kind shouldn't be condoned (though you have apologized for making it).

But on a lighter note, it seems I briefly started a Yellowhammer trend in this thread.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2021, 08:08:32 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2021, 10:08:18 AM by Chips »

Caveman #1

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #1 on: A very long time ago »

MAN...DISCOVER...FIRE! NOW....WE....COOK....FOOD!!!!

Caveman #2

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #2 on: A very long time ago »

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY! WHAT'S NEXT? A ROUND SPINNING THING THAT WILL ONE DAY MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO?

Caveman #3

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #3 on: A very long time ago »

A SPINNING THING THAT WILL MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO? COME ON DON'T BE STUPID! LET'S JUST ENJOY THE FIRE!!!

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2021, 11:51:18 AM »

I know that my predictions for the 1856, 1948, 1960, and 2000 Presidential elections would have been wrong that for sure. I also should have gotten into a lot of fights with many of the pro-fascist and racist members of the forum as well.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2021, 01:35:19 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2021, 01:39:30 AM by Crumpets »

Provinces
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

Yes, I can see Witches and Puritans blowing up Parliament in a Catholic coronation
« on: October 23, 1606, 6:08:58 pm »

Nov. 5 was a template.

You really think anti-papists will tolerate being succeeded by another Catholic down the line? No!!!

They would pressure Archbishop of Canterbury Bancroft, etc. to nullify a Catholic succession.

Come on.

This is the template now. Fawkes is still relevant, in a normal country, he'd be finished by now. However, you'll see anti-papist copycats and so on and so on.

Now 100% more
bri’ish

leecannon
★★★★

Yes, I can see Witches and Puritans blowing up Parliament in a Catholic coronation
« on: October 23, 1606, 6:09:55 pm »

bruh

Hammy
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: October 23, 1606, 6:11:55 pm »

That you can see this happening says far, FAR more about you, than it does Witches/Puritans.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
★★★★★

« on: October 24, 1606, 3:56:57 am »

witches don't exist

Yoda
★★★

« on: October 25, 1606, 12:57:19 am »

Quote from: dead0man
witches don't exist

This was literally the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread. No, OP, you can't see Witches and Puritans blowing up Parliament for the simple reason that witchcraft is not actually a phenomenon that exists in the real world in the way that Jesuits with barrels of gunpowder are.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
★★★★★

« on: October 25, 1606, 8:16:57 am »

Quote from: Yoda
Quote from: dead0man
witches don't exist

This was literally the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread. No, OP, you can't see Witches and Puritans blowing up Parliament for the simple reason that witchcraft is not actually a phenomenon that exists in the real world in the way that Jesuits with barrels of gunpowder are.
yeah, see.....I was actually making fun of this position.  Sorry.  Thinking that "a label that doesn't describe a 'a phenomenon that exists in the real world' to blame means you cant blame other people labeling themselves the same" is a very stupid thing to think.  If someone self-identifies as a witch, they know exactly what baggage comes with it.  If someone wants to peacefully practice their non-catholic beliefs and doesn't want everyone else in society to assume they are in league with the devil or a wus LARPing as a druid, they can pick one of thousands of other labels without the baggage.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2021, 07:04:28 AM »

will be born in 47 years
theflyingmongoose

★★★

GALLUP: NIXON+7
« on: September 6, 1960, 9:05:00 am »

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2022, 12:06:57 AM »

Winfield S. Hancock
KYFrontiersman
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

Entire home electrified using Edison's wonderous "light bulb" devices
« on: September 31, 1882 at 10:27:05 am »

Extra! Extra! The paper magnate and entrepreneur Henry James Rodgers has brought light as bright as day to his home in Appleton, Wisconsin, employing only the incredible "light bulb" device invented by Thomas Edison. Rodgers is reportedly pleased with the results. His home is powered by the first commercial electrical plant in the nation.

This leap forward in the application of electrical technology could serve to illuminate our cities and our homes. Please discuss the implications of this miraculous development!

yell0man
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

Re: Entire home electrified using Edison's wonderous "light bulb" devices
« on: September 31, 1882 at 10:33:15 am »

A genuinely stunning achievement. I would not have expected to see such a thing in my lifetime-- this will revolutionize both the work and leisure of the common man.

Anyone know how soon such devices might be commercially available to the general public?

Jacksonite
CraneHusband
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: September 31, 1882 at 10:43:32 am »

And how exactly does this help regular humans? Millions are living in poverty while tycoons like Rodgers play around with their little science experiments.  

BigAbraham
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: September 31, 1882 at 10:45:19 am »

Quote from: Jacksonite
And how exactly does this help regular humans? Millions are living in poverty while tycoons like Rodgers play around with their little science experiments.

Spoiler alert: It doesn't. It's just another way for the rich and powerful to mock those of lesser means. We live in a nation where a millionaire's vanity project receives praise and adoration from the vile yellow press while the suffering of working-class people is constantly ignored.

Joe Republic
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

« on: September 31, 1882 at 11:02:30 am »

Thousands of American families can't even afford oil lamps, but oh sure! Let's throw money at untested technology that's probably centuries away from being relevant.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2022, 09:45:07 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2022, 09:52:09 AM by THG »

The Tar Heel Gentleman
The Tar Heel Gentleman

★★★

Stagflation is the Democrat's version of The Great Depression
« on: October 15, 1979 at 11:16:11 am »

The sheer ineptitude of this laughable excuse of an "administration" has left no doubt in this mind of mine- the skyrocketing prices thanks to this administration's hysterically incompetent handling of the economy have not only left America in a depressive rut, but also the worst rut we've been stuck in since the early 1930's.

While I shall not compare this calamity we are in to the rut we were in 1931, I shall say that the political ramifications might be the greatest we've seen since then. I am now only waiting for the conservative, Buckleyite version of FDR to come- and I have a strong feeling that I know who that is.

Ferguson57
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: October 15, 1979 at 12:31:19 pm »

You've got to be kidding me.

Once again THG is rambling about how everything bad for the Democrats is literally muh Great Depression, ignoring how it was a Republican president who got us into there. I love how he also pretends that stagflation weren't a thing under Ford. And here he goes again rambling about how Ronald Reagan (overrated and lost to Gerald Ford in 1976) will be the Buckleyite version of FDR or something.

Even if Reagan wins, he's probably going to do it narrowly and he will probably be viewed as another Ford type. Completely forgettable, and there will be no "Conservative Republican FDR". Deal with it.

New School Republican
Computer49
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: October 15, 1979 at 1:06:02 pm»

Quote from: Ferguson57
You've got to be kidding me.

Once again THG is rambling about how everything bad for the Democrats is literally muh Great Depression, ignoring how it was a Republican president who got us into there. I love how he also pretends that stagflation weren't a thing under Ford. And here he goes again rambling about how Ronald Reagan (overrated and lost to Gerald Ford in 1976) will be the Buckleyite version of FDR or something.

Even if Reagan wins, he's probably going to do it narrowly and he will probably be viewed as another Ford type. Completely forgettable, and there will be no "Conservative Republican FDR". Deal with it.

You dont understand it. Stagflation is really pathetic, i mean older people i know tell me they havent seen such "malaise" as Carter would put it since the late 1920's and 1930's. Plus the Iran disaster is telling of how weak we look to the world, not to mention USSR invasion of Afghanistan

Also Reagan will be the 40th president and more impactful than Nixon or Eisenhower long term

Chips
Those Chips
Concerned Citizen

★★★★★

« on: October 15, 1979 at 1:32:55pm»

I do think that Reagan is the strongest candidate that the GOP can put up in 1980, and that he has a very good chance of defeating Carter with all of the issues that this administration has been dealing with.

I don't know if I would compare Reagan to hypothetically being akin to the inverse of FDR in terms of influence, but it is possible. Of course, it is also possible that someone like ex-CIA director George Bush could be this figure too.

MR KAREEM ADBUL JABAR

Atlas Legend
★★★★★

« on: October 15, 1979 at 2:02:11pm »

Carter problem is not only inflation, its that he cant get the 304 FIREWALL right now because of iran and SOVIET UNION invasions of Afghanistan. Economy is BAD right now but not great depression bad we still have room for recovery BUT WHAT REALLY GETS ME IS THAT HE DOES NOTHING FOR HOMELESS, ZERO. HE GETS INTO OFFICE PROMISING GOOD TIMES AFTER NIXON AND HOMELESS ARE STILL STRUGGLING AND CRIME IS UP

Reagan is overrated, he cant even beat FORD who was terrible in Republican primary how will he beat CARTER lol 😆😆😆😆

ITS ONE YEAR OUT AND WE CANNOT TRUST ANY POLLS

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2022, 10:38:38 PM »

Americans will not forget Disco Demolition Night! Radical white supremacists and rabid anti-homosexuals armed with explosives struck at the heart of American sport and music. Even if nobody died, this will leave a deep scar in the American psyche that you will be reminded of every time you put on a disco album. Whomever the Republicans nominate will have to reckon with this legacy of hate and fear, and I don't know if that can overpower whatever economic crises they try to manufacture between now and the election.
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2022, 08:36:07 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2022, 08:56:22 PM by Everyone Needs Jesus Christ »

Strong Bryancrat for Long
Christian Man
Atlas Icon

★★★

The Supreme Court declares The National Industrial Recovery Act Unconstitional
« on: May 28, 1935 at 9:41:11 am »

Not fair at the slightest. Roosevelt passed something to benefit all Americans and all these "justices" care about is corporate interests, rather than the interest of the hardworking men across this country, many of whom struggle to put food on the table. It's pathetic, almost like these workers are slaves, which is unconstitutional. Congress needs to pass a new amendment to allow the NRA to become permanent. The Republicans have always been about big business and special interests, ever since they called themselves "Whigs". Jefferson was right. These Republicans love federal power, as long as it benefits banks and business, which is the only thing they stand for, seeing how they screwed over this country and left people to starve. As soon as the people elected a President for the people since most Americans can see through their deceptive corruption, these Republicans had the audacity to stop what could've been one of the greatest pieces of legislation ever passed in this Republic. Shame! We need a functioning government, not a government that only caters to the 1%.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2022, 09:25:00 PM »

Christian Man
Atlas Icon

★★★

Not fair at the slightest. Roosevelt passed something to benefit all Americans and all these "justices" care about is corporate interests, rather than the interest of the hardworking men across this country, many of whom struggle to put food on the table. It's pathetic, almost like these workers are slaves, which is unconstitutional. Congress needs to pass a new amendment to allow the NRA to become permanent. The Republicans have always been about big business and special interests, ever since they called themselves "Whigs". Jefferson was right. These Republicans love federal power, as long as it benefits banks and business, which is the only thing they stand for, seeing how they screwed over this country and left people to starve. As soon as the people elected a President for the people since most Americans can see through their deceptive corruption, these Republicans had the audacity to stop what could've been one of the greatest pieces of legislation ever passed in this Republic. Shame! We need a functioning government, not a government that only caters to the 1%.
You’re not supposed to post your own posts in this thread bro
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:21 PM »

Christian Man
Atlas Icon

★★★

Other posters have so I don't get your point.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2022, 12:28:53 AM »

Christian Man
Atlas Icon

★★★

Thats not true, this isnt an opinion thread
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2022, 07:30:49 AM »

Chips
★★★★★

What are your final 1980 predictions?
« on: November 3, 1980 at 11:06:32 pm »

I'm going for a prediction of 459-79 Reagan. Massachusetts, Arkansas, Hawaii and Tennessee are in play and they could bring Reagan to a commanding 493-45 victory. I'm comfortable predicting this map. A month ago, I might've said something different but after that last debate, Reagan has gained ground and I don't personally think Carter has much of any chance of stopping the momentum as someone who normally always gives both candidates a chance before the election. Expect big shifts away from Carter in the South and Industrial Midwest in particular. I'm expecting my home state, Ohio in particular to go from a 0.2% Carter win to a 9-12 point Reagan win.

Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil
★★★★★

« on: November 3, 1980 at 11:34:32 pm »

Looks respectable, I'm going with Reagan 435-103 with perhaps a bit of a silver lining for Carter in the south. I think Reagan will win my state by 11 points or so.

Olawakandi
★★★★★

« on: November 3, 1980 at 11:39:22 pm »

Stop playing Chips and Southern CARTER will win 306 MAP Reagan debate performance has been Overstated.

TheTarHeelGent
★★★★★

« on: November 3, 1980 at 11:52:03 pm »

I'm going bold. Reagan will sweep every state aside from Georgia and DC. 523-15 win.

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2022, 10:21:52 AM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

Will whites lose their right to vote if the 14th Amendment passes?
« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:16:28 pm »

Many people in the penny press are saying this will happen

Harry
Atlas Superstar

★★★★★

Re: Will whites lose their right to vote if the 14th Amendment passes?
« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:25:13 pm »

Why are you lying about the bill? It REQUIRES equal protection under the law. You obviously have gone completely off the rails.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:31:42 pm »

Quote from: 7,052,770
Why are you lying about the bill? It REQUIRES equal protection under the law. You obviously have gone completely off the rails.

What about those Confederate soldiers who are not allowed to vote?

Antiklan Ghost of
Ruin

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:34:08pm»

The Democratic Party will stop at nothing to prevent this amendment from passing. They are the most vile, depraved organization in the history of the world. Anyone who would ever consider voting for that party – just years after they launched a literal coup to overthrow our republic – is an evil monster.

New School Democrat
Calculator39
Atlas Superstar

★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:40:11pm »

Quote from: Antiklan Ghost of Ruin
The Democratic Party will stop at nothing to prevent this amendment from passing. They are the most vile, depraved organization in the history of the world. Anyone who would ever consider voting for that party – just years after they launched a literal coup to overthrow our republic – is an evil monster.

Not all are like that , war Democrats like myself voted for Lincoln and supported the union during the war , stop with the personal attacks . The mods are clearly biased against Democrats , if Fuzzy were to say that "all Republicans are evil" he would be banned .

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:49:51 pm »

Sure, negroes might deserve equal rights, maybe even suffrage... but many people in Somerset County and Long Island want lower property taxes. Andrew Johnson is a good candidate for re-election... he can appeal to Southern whites who are worried about negro domination

ERM64man
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:51:22 pm »

Does supporting negro jurors make someone a bad person? If I supported the Union in the war of the rebellion, does that make me a war criminal?

SnowLabrador
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 3:59:39 pm »

This country is immediately headed for another civil war. We can't even discuss the rights of colored citizens without mass lynchings. The Democrats are certain to win 1868 in a landslide.

Ferguson47
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 4:02:01 pm »

Quote from: SnowLabrador
This country is immediately headed for another civil war. We can't even discuss the rights of colored citizens without mass lynchings. The Democrats are certain to win 1868 in a landslide.

Grant is literally ahead by 8 points in the polls, though I'm sure Democrats will try to steal the election through voter intimidation regardless.

SOCIALIST MR
FREDERICK
DOUGLASS

olawakandi
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

« on: June 16, 1866 at 4:05:46 pm »

This is a Bronz threaf

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2022, 05:49:07 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2022, 08:42:17 PM by Old School Republican »

Democrat in Name Only
The Tar Heel Gentleman

★★★

Reaction to the 1896 Election Results
« on: November 4th, 1896 at 11:16:11 am »

I was so happy when the radio announced that Governor McKinley was elected President over Socialist William Jennings Bryan yesterday. Governor McKinley is someone who I know will help us recover from this terrible recession, and will help make our nation viewed at the same level with the British when it comes to world powers.

On a side Note,  the fact that McKinley got nearly 47% of the vote in a Southern State like mine shows that maybe I dont have to remain a Democrat to have any influence in the electoral process and I can one day register with the Republicans given other than Cleveland I would support them in all the elections since they became a party.

You know what I may switch my Avatar Blue when McKinley is inaugurated just to celebrate the occasion

Bryan Democrat
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 4th 1896 at 12:31:19 pm »

It saddens me that in an election for the first time since Lincoln we had a a candidate that put the interests of people first and the nation rejected him. WJB was a true hero for the working class and I hope he is our nominee as next time after people see how badly an open elitist and imperialist President-Elect McKinley is , I am sure they will elect Bryan as our next President. While I am not gonna register as a Democrat currently , I will if they continue down the path Bryan created from them and I hope they do not return to Gold Democrat types just so they can try to get people like THG to vote for them when we all know he is a Republican at heart.

It is time we instead try to expand our coalition so we can bring in Industrial Workers from the Midwest who vote Republican and if it means losing states like VA/NC forever so be it. THG is someone who I view as a buddy on here but that does not mean he isnt a Republican at heart and we rather should try to get the voters of people like SN instead.

Democrat in Name Only
The Tar Heel Gentleman

★★★

« on: November 4th, 1896 at 8:16:11 pm »

I fully agree with my buddy Bryan Democrat here that politics would be better if people like me become republicans and people like him become democrats. Maybe it will happen one day but I hope it’s soon as that will make our politics way better .

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2022, 07:15:54 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2022, 07:20:06 PM by Xing »

VARepublican
★★★★★

Rasmussen: Johnson +3
« on: July 20, 1964 at 9:57:03 am »

Johnson 49
Goldwater 46

SirWoodbury
★★★★★

Re: Rasmussen: Johnson +3
« on: July 20, 1964 at 9:58:46 am »

Let the slaughtering begin.

SN2903
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: July 20, 1964 at 9:59:23 am »

Game over, Dems. We're taking the House and the Senate, too!

Silent Moderate
MAModerate
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« on: July 20, 1964 at 10:02:41 am »

I TOLD you all that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake! I knew that it was political suicide that would doom Johnson in the South and hand the Republicans a majority for a generation. Goldwater is going to blow Johnson out of the water with white Independents. Democrats never learn when to quit.

SnowLabrador
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:05:01 am »

Yeah, Goldwater probably wins by double digits, and Republicans take both the House and the Senate, at this point. Illinois, Michigan, and Texas are probably Safe R, at this point.

Roosevelt/Truman/Stevenson/
Stevenson/Kennedy voter for Goldwater

S019
Atlas Icon

★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:11:33 am »

Come on, it's one poll. You're all overreacting, Johnson is still ahead by 8 in the polling average.

Blatt-wanter
19DE52
Atlas Star

★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:14:29 am »

Yeah, you all are so predictable. This poll is obvious junk.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:16:51 am »

Of course Democratic hacks are dismissing this poll that doesn't confirm their desired result. Polls massively underestimated Nixon in 1960, and red avatars are still acting as though polls and the media don't have a consistent Democratic bias. But of course, any poll that doesn't show Johnson up by at least 10 will never be taken seriously.

Ferguson41
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: July 20, 1964 at 10:17:48 am »

This poll is 97% white, throw it in the trash.

Quote from: Silent Moderate
I TOLD you all that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake! I knew that it was political suicide that would doom Johnson in the South and hand the Republicans a majority for a generation. Goldwater is going to blow Johnson out of the water with white Independents. Democrats never learn when to quit.

So Johnson should just allow segregationists to run the country?

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: July 20, 1964 at 10:22:14 am »

WHY didn't we nominate Rockefeller?

Hsing
hsingkojuei
Atlas Star

★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:30:56 am »

Not likely, Johnson is probably ahead by more than this, but I still don't think he can take this race for granted. Lean/Likely D for now, but Goldwater could outright say that only whites should be allowed to vote and still get 42% of the vote.

MR. RAY CHARLES
olawakandi
Atlas Legend

★★★★★

« July 20, 1964 at 10:35:20 am »

Quote from: Hsing
Not likely, Johnson is probably ahead by more than this, but I still don't think he can take this race for granted. Lean/Likely D for now, but Goldwater could outright say that only whites should be allowed to vote and still get 42% of the vote.

ßtop playing Hsing RASSY had Nixon up in IL, MI, Johnson wins MIDWEST MOUND IL, MI, MO, WI, OH is not a R state.

Mine eyes have seen
the glory of the
defeat of Goldwater

BRTD
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

« December 2, 1964 at 1:14:02 am »

LMFAO and to think people bought this!

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2022, 08:37:09 PM »

Old School Republican
SN2903

★★★

Can Bush be beaten
« on: November 3rd, 2003 at 9:16:11 am »

Of Course he can as Old School Nixonion Republicans like me will never vote this disgraceful administration that has gotten us into horrible wars and acts in such divisive manner to anyone who opposes it . As someone who voted for Bush in 2000, I can tell you that I have never ever been more disappointed in an administration and my party that has aided an abbetted him and I will Democratic or third party in 2004 .

Reagan/Bush Republican
Computer89
Atlas Superstar

★★★★★

Can Bush be Beaten
« on: November 3rd 2003 at 3:40:11pm »

Lol of course he can’t , and any Democrat and Anti-Bush Republican who can accept that are in total denial . The fact is Bush will win a landslide in 2004 maybe even winning states like California and New Jersey and will for sure win OSR’s home state of Michigan. Anti Bush Republicans like him are massive RINO’s and it will be great to see him COPE when Bush wins in 2004 .

Bush is the greatest president we have have had in the modern era and 20 years from now he not Eisenhower nor Reagan will be known as the greatest Republican president in the past 100 years .
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2022, 10:14:39 PM »

R.P. McM
R.P. McM

★★★

MP harassed by Guy Fawkes Supporters
« on: December 26th, 1607 at 9:16:11 am »

Because 'tis what thou art asking for.  And now hundreds of thousands of people art dead, completely unnecessarily. So at which hour someone like me offers to enlighten thee, thou must get on thy knees and thou must listen. Because I tryeth to prevent a great calamity from befalling upon thee and thy kin.

GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2022, 11:25:17 PM »

Chips
★★★★★

What are your final 1964 predictions?
« on: November 3, 1964 at 12:13:16 pm »

I'm going to guess that Johnson wins 472-66. Goldwater has some momentum, but that is more than neutered by Johnson's already massive lead. I think the polls are slightly underestimating Goldwater, though as a Nixon voter in 1960, I cast my ballot for Johnson.

SnowLabrador
★★★★★

« on: November 3, 1964 at 12:22:13 pm »

Goldwater wins big, and turns America fascist

Mr MARTIN LUTHER KING
★★★★★

« on: November 3, 1964 at 12:56:33 pm »

Stop playing SnowLabrador and Texas JOHNSON will win 538 MAP. Blks will Propel JOHNSON to Victory.

THG
★★★★

« on: November 3, 1964 at 2:52:26 pm »

I think you guys are underestimating Goldwater here. He will win most of the South, plus some Ancestral R states.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »

Mine Eyes Have
Seen The Glory
Of The Crushing
Of The Heliocentrists

BRTD

★★★★★

Do you feel sorry for Galileo Galilei?
« on: February 25th, 1616 at 12:08:11 pm »

LMAO nope! This cringe chaperon-wearing Florentine peddles a foolish and absurd philosophy, and is formally heretical since he explicitly contradicts in many places the Holy Scripture.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2022, 09:16:37 PM »

Caveman #1

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #1 on: A very long time ago »

MAN...DISCOVER...FIRE! NOW....WE....COOK....FOOD!!!!

Caveman #2

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #2 on: A very long time ago »

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY! WHAT'S NEXT? A ROUND SPINNING THING THAT WILL ONE DAY MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO?

Caveman #3

MAN DISCOVER FIRE!
« Reply #3 on: A very long time ago »

A SPINNING THING THAT WILL MAKE FUTURE VEHICLES GO? COME ON DON'T BE STUPID! LET'S JUST ENJOY THE FIRE!!!

KoopaDaQuick
Unga God
★★★★★

cool uses for rocks
« on: September 20, 2600020 B.C. at 6:31:56 pm »

OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA

SMASH COCK WITH ROCK
SMASH COCK WITH ROCK

I'm suing over trademark infringement.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2022, 10:15:11 PM »

In 1980 Red Avatars would be insisting that Ronald Reagan was too much of an extremist to win.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2022, 01:02:24 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2022, 03:28:02 AM by MR JOHN Q ADAMS »

NYT
NewYorkTribune
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

BREAKING: Secessionists fire on Fort Sumter
« on: April 13, 1861 at 9:57:03 am »

https://www.nytimes.com/1861/04/13/archives/the-first-gun-fired-by-fort-moultrie-against-fort-sumpter-the.html

CHARLESTON, Friday, April 12.

The ball has opened. War is inaugurated.

The batteries of Sullivan's Island, Morris Island, and other points, were opened on Fort Sumpter at 4 o'clock this morning.

Fort Sumpter has returned the fire, and a brisk cannonading has been kept up. No information has been received from the seaboard yet.

The military are under arms, and the whole of our population are on the streets. Every available space facing the harbor is filled with anxious spectators.

The firing has continued all day without intermission.

Two of Fort Sumpter's guns have been silenced, and it is reported that a breach has been made in the southeast wall.

The answer to Gen. BEAUREGARD'S demand by Major ANDERSON that he would surrender when his supplies were exhausted, that is, if he was not reinforced.

Not a casualty has yet happened to any of the forces.

North Carolina Unionist
Atlas Institution
★★★★★

Re: BREAKING: Secessionists fire on Fort Sumter
« on: April 13, 1861 at 7:57:03 am »

I have feared this day for a long time coming. First Calhoun and then the hideous band of fire-eaters who followed in his footsteps have been agitating for decades to separate the South from the rest of the union. This is the sad culmination of that long effort. So far my state has not joined the states to its south in this treason, but I fear it soon will. The slaveowners in particular are in a fit of agitation and they demand secession now.

As Daniel Webster said long ago, "liberty and union, now and forever, together and inseperable!" This still rings true today in the ears of every Union patriot. We must fight on to preserve this heaven-rescued land in perpetual union at all costs.

Col. Yellowhammer
Yellowhammer
★★★★★

« on: April 13, 1861 at 8:21:19 am »

A glorious day! Southern rights forever! I must go at once to enlist in the army of the South and fight for my land against the hideous beasts of the North. I can't wait for the day that we take Washington and capture that ghastly freak Lincoln. Then we can ship him down to our capital in Montgomery and make him face the firing squad to the cheers of thousands.

I just have one thing to take care of first. I need to find someone trustworthy to watch over my negroes and keep them from getting uppity in my absence. I may be gone for some time but they are still my property.

SnowCoonhound
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: April 13, 1861 at 8:35:40 am »

I hate this wretched country. This is just the beginning. The whole South is going to rise up, invade the supposedly "free" North, forcibly introduce slavery here, and make life even worse than it already is. I should move to Russia. The Tsar emancipated the serfs just last month and it is a much freer and more prosperous country than America.

jaichind
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: April 13, 1861 at 8:41:26 am »

If the south is successful and wins its independence that will be great for cotton merchants and for the health of the global economy, which requires a steady flow of cotton. The tariffs will be gone and so international trade will be smoother and cheaper. This will be good for my portfolio, and also because the south won't have to worry about the north taking away its ability to use cheap slave labor.

LiberalRepublican
YaBB God
★★★★★

« on: April 13, 1861 at 9:12:58 am »

Horrible news. I feel so sorry for the slaves down there. Their lives are already hell and now it will be even worse. We should send a fleet full of soldiers down there to gas all the plantations with chlorine so they don't have to suffer any more.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies