What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:28:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 31465 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2021, 03:57:36 PM »
« edited: June 11, 2021, 06:17:34 PM by Crumpets »

SWP
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

BREAKING: Soviet Union launches first artificial satellite
« on: October 4, 1957, 5:16:19 pm »

According to TASS:

As a result of very intensive work by scientific research institutes and design bureaus the first artificial satellite in the world has been created. On October 4, 1957, this first satellite was successfully launched in the USSR. According to preliminary data, the carrier rocket has imparted to the satellite the required orbital velocity of about 8000 meters per second. At the present time the satellite is describing elliptical trajectories around the earth, and its flight can be observed in the rays of the rising and setting sun with the aid of very simple optical instruments (binoculars, telescopes, etc.).

There will be peace
in the valley for
me, some day

BRTD
Atlas Institution
★★★★★

Re: BREAKING: Soviet Union launches first artificial satellite
« on: October 4, 1957, 5:16:42 pm »

Are we really listening to TASS now?

AntiMcCarthyist
Ghost of Ruin

Runeghost
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: October 4, 1957, 5:17:11 pm »

Happy now, Ike cultists?

Virginia
Virginia
Administrator
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: October 4, 1957, 5:17:34 pm »

Are we really listening to TASS now?
The statement claims the radio signals will be detectable by amateur radio users and the satellite will be visible with binoculars this evening, so we will find out soon enough. Seems like a big claim to make without being able to back it up. I know I'll be listening on my ham.

Joe Republic
Atlas Superstar
★★★★★

« on: October 4, 1957, 5:17:43 pm »

Beet
Atlas Star
★★★★★

« on: October 4, 1957, 5:18:00 pm »

No doubt carrying enough nukes to bomb the US back to the stone age. Tonight is the night America dies. It's been good knowing you all.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Legend
★★★★★

« on: October 4, 1957, 5:18:13 pm »

Amazing. The USA brings over all of its favorite Nazi war criminals just as a f*** you to the evil reds and yet all the red and blue avatars' favorite punching bag manages one of mankind's greatest achievements faster than all the defense contractors with all of the Nazi scientists the American taxpayers can buy.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2021, 11:56:50 AM »

Richard Mentor Johnson
KYWildman
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

BREAKING: President Johnson signs Civil Rights Act
« on: July 2, 1964, 3:01:22 pm »

Please stop. Please. Before we get slaughtered in November, PLEASE stop giving Republicans easy ammunition to rile people up.

Reject the Mob, Reject the Racists
Jonathan Dule
Atlas Institution
★★★★★

« on: July 2, 1964, 3:03:49 pm  »

If someone is foolish enough to deny service to someone simply because they're colored, that's their foolish decision. It makes no sense from a business perspective. Let them go out of business on their own.

Chips
Those Chips
YaBB God
★★★★★

« on: July 2, 1964, 3:07:01 pm  »

I didn't vote for the Kennedy/Johnson ticket and am undecided for November (having voted for Truman, Ike twice, and Nixon in 1960), but I support this decision.

Sir Woodbury
★★★★

« on: July 2, 1964, 3:10:21 pm  »

The Democratic Party just lost my vote for the foreseeable future, unless they abandon this absolute nonsense and start paying attention to middle Americans again. Voting for Goldwater now.

Virginia
Virginia
Administrator
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: July 2, 1964, 3:12:21 pm  »

Any calls for violence towards African-Americans will result in a ban.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »

Richard Mentor Johnson
KYWildman
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Please stop. Please. Before we get slaughtered in November, PLEASE stop giving Republicans easy ammunition to rile people up.

Jonathan Dule
Atlas Institution
★★★★★

If someone is foolish enough to deny service to someone simply because they're colored, that's their foolish decision. It makes no sense from a business perspective. Let them go out of business on their own.

Chips
Those Chips
YaBB God
★★★★★

I didn't vote for the Kennedy/Johnson ticket and am undecided for November (having voted for Truman, Ike twice, and Nixon in 1960), but I support this decision.

Sir Woodbury
★★★★

The Democratic Party just lost my vote for the foreseeable future, unless they abandon this absolute nonsense and start paying attention to middle Americans again. Voting for Goldwater now.

Virginia
Virginia
Administrator
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

One minor nitpick. Virginia would say "Negro Americans" or "Colored Americans" or something along those lines. "African-American" didn't become a widely used term until the 1980s.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2021, 03:07:13 PM »

Has nobody said illegal?
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2021, 08:06:41 PM »

Had this board existed in the early 1860’s, posters from southern states would express their pro-confederacy views, manifesting in aggressively petitioning for a “Confederacy General Discussion” board as well as CSA-shaped avatars for their profiles.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2021, 01:08:25 PM »

@AdolfHitler
*deranged tweet about Jews*

*reply two minutes later*

@EdwardKrassenstein
It's time to call you what you are:

PALE MAN ADOLF HITLER
#PaleManAdolfHitler
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2021, 10:15:36 AM »

SirWoodbury
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Reaction to Taxas' presidential result
« on: November 11, 1960, 04:13:21 pm »

?

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 04:25:19 pm »

Man, will you ever stop? Kennedy won the state fair and sqaure and all that's all that matters. Get over it, Nixon lost because Ike didn't do a f--k to get him elected.

SN2906
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 05:31:40 pm »

If not for the Johnson Machine, Kennedy would have lost Texas. There were thousands of illegal ballots at the Mexican border that nobody wants to talk about. Together with Daley's crooks and the mafia, the Democrats stole Illinois as well and with it the election.

As Nixon gracefully conceded despite proof of massive irregularities, this will elect him in 1964. JFK is inexperienced and will fail as president and Americans in 1964 will glady elect him, acknowleding that "electing" a Massachusetts aristocrat was a huge mistake.

Vice President-elect Johnson
Majority Leader Johnson
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 05:54:34 pm »

Insinuating Lyndon Johnson somehow stole Texas is beyond ridiculous. There's no way you cheat upon 45,000 votes. It's ridiculous and we should stop responding to these kinds of threads.

What I will say is that the margin in Texas was indeed underwhelming but clearily demonstrates that Lyndon Johnson is the sole reason Kennedy got even elected. I said it back in July that Democrats made a mistake by not nominating Big Lyndon for president. He would have won by a larger margin and would be a better president. Anyway, I'm looking forward to 8 successful years as vice president and Johnson winning the 1968 presidential election. Then Democrats will have realized that he's the man!

Chips
ThoseChips
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:05:56 pm »

It was closer than expected but says nothing about 1964. A lot of things can change in between. Having voted for Truman, Eisenhower twice, I voted for Nixon but we need to support Kennedy now.

MR. MATRIN LUTHER KING JR
olawakandi
Atlas Titan
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:18:09 pm »

As Gary Powers was captured by Khruschev, Rs were rejected on generic ballot. Nixon visited USSR for kitchen debate and got tied to Soviet espionage which shot down US plane over USSR territory. Consequently, Nixon's bid 4 prez was doomed since Eisenhower survived heart attack. 😎

Kennedy can pass civil rights legislation with Johnson PREZ OF SENATE and Speaker RAYBURN, whom introduced previous civil rights bills. Eisenhower didnt do much in office anyways 😆😆

Snow Labrador
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:50:22 pm »

This was much closer than it should have been and confirms the South is becoming more Republican. There's no way Kennedy will win a second term. Texas will vote Republican by 5 points or so in 1964, regardless of the candidates. Not even Johnson could win it again.

TexasGurl
Moderators
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:52:10 pm »

Woodbury: Consider this a last warning for creating all these threads about close states in this election.

olawakandi
Atlas Titan
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:59:29 pm »

Having Johnson ballot, TX was wave insurace and Rs never cracked Southern freiwall since Reconstruction. Eisenhower won TX due to fact he was general in WWII. Nixon wasnt general and just generic R who lost TV debate over Sputnik.

SN and Sir Woodbury said Nixon was gonna win 400 EVs landslide. No he didnt as AAs were flocking to Kenndy over civil rights. Rs will be minority and powerless. They dont have next Eisenhower 😆😆

Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »

MR. ALEXANDER THE GREAT
OLAOUAKANTI
Emperor of Atlas

★★★★★★★★★

Re: King Darius III of Persia got captured and imprisoned by Macedonian Soldiers
« on: July 4th, 330 BC at 4:20:00 pm »

Death is inevitable

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »

TexasGurl
Moderators
★★★★★

Woodbury: Consider this a last warning for creating all these threads about close states in this election.

Best part of a good post.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »

TexasGurl
Moderators
★★★★★

Best part of a good post.

I primarily did this because there were so many close states in 1960 and imagined Woodbury creating a thread for every single one.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2021, 09:33:45 AM »

Strong "If Atlas were around in the VHS era and consisted of people sending each other video tapes of their political diatribes" vibes:

Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2021, 04:16:29 PM »

Urbia
bronz4141

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Opinion of the following quote?
« on: January 03, 1957 at 23:10:46 »

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

I have been dwelling on this phrase for a while now. This is because I hear it everywhere. I can barely go to the market on my street-corner without the cashier telling me that in a monotone voice and with an expressionless face. Also, whenever I am walking back home from work I pass by the local children playing basketball, and if you listen in on what they say you begin to notice that these are the only words they say. Eerie...

Has anyone else experienced such a thing?

Recommend  |  2 other people recommend this.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »

Because it’s so much fun… Atlas 47 years ago:

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas icon
★★★★★

How can Ford appeal to Southern voters? Should he pick Wallace or Maddox for VP?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 1974, 01:15:21 pm »

Ford came from the ranks of the Michigan GOP with no mandate from voters. How does he appeal to Southerners now that he’s become president and  to voters of the former Confederacy in 1976? Should he nominate George Wallace or Lester Maddox for VP under 25th Amendment and keep them on ticket in 2 years? He could claim a unity government after Watergate is in the country’s best interest. Or should he pick a Nixonian VP like Rumsfeld? Without a doubt Nixon still has big support in the South. Dems must get realistic about that despite their gloating over his resignation. I’m not saying Nixon was right, but it’s a legitimate issue Dems have been dodging for decades.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas icon
★★★★★

How can Ford appeal to Southern voters? Should he pick Wallace or Maddox for VP?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 1974, 01:29:13 pm »

What the f-ck?! Seriously, bronz, what drugs are you on? Ford is not going to pick a Democratic VP, let alone a goddamn Dixiecrat. Wallace’s White House ambitions are finished and Maddox is done after losing the gubernatorial primary this year. Democrats should work with Ford where possible and nominate Askew, Wendell Ford or even Carter in ’76. After 1976 long looked like a longshot, we're now well positioned after years of national embarrassment; Nixon the old crook destroyed his party for good.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 1974, 01:35:39 pm »

Nixon is disgraced prez and blue wave🌊🌊🌊 is building up for Nov, consequently Ford will be lame duck with SPEAKER ALBERT. VP is irrelevant anyways as Kissinger stays in cabinet as SoS and Natl Sec Advisor. Kissinger is Jewish and Wallace cant be trusted with minorities in govt. He wanted segregation like bronx, who’s creating same threads over and over again.

As Maddox was rejected in GA gov primary and Wallace is in wheelchair, both are DOA. There hasnt been wheelchair prez since FDR and never been wheelchair VP. It’s not 1933 anymore, television is all over the place now, which is why Johnson lost war in Vietnam. We have 100 days to election and Rs are losing generic ballot. It’s gonna be 320(115 D House and filibusterproof senate with PREZ MANSFIELD. 😁😎

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas instutution
★★★★★

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 1974, 02:11:49 pm »

Ford should not stand for election in 1976. He was a placeholder VP appointed because no other Republican could have been confirmed by a very hostile Democratic congress last year. Democrats, who failed beating Nixon 3 times (as JFK cheated), did this on purpose to have a weak incumbent in 1976. Nixon made some bad decisions over his time in office, but should absolutely not have stepped down and fight this media-driven witch hunt through. The public was always on his side before the media made a huge deal of the tapes in which used a few salty words. Vietnam is now in peril, Nixon would have honored the Paris Accords and protected the South. I have doubts Ford will be able to so with this congress. It’s truly a disgrace a highly respected and able president must step down for the minor offense of wiretapping, a common practice since the days of FDR. Was Truman forced to resign after Korea? Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs? Johnson for getting into countless lying over the war? The coastal establishment and media elites always hated Nixon for his many successes and because he won 49 states. History will prove him right.

If Republicans stick with Ford, I could see myself vote for Maddox or Wallace on a third party ticket. They won’t be VP under Ford, neither should they accept such an offer. They have far more public support than a former Michigan congressman who never won another race and repeatedly failed to become speaker.

Snow Labrador
Concerned citizen
★★★★★

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 1974, 02:30:10 pm »

Extra efforts to appeal to them are no longer necessary. After Nixon utterly humiliating us in the South, it’s gone for Democrats. We’ve become the party of liberal Boston elites. Ford meanwhile also appeals to Northerns and 1976 will be another landslide. Hear me out, Ford will win over 400 electoral votes and by double digits in the popular vote. Heck, Republicans can win congress in 1976. I doubt we even win additional seats in the upcoming midterms as Ford has a positive approval. Our majority will decrease if that keeps up. Americans liked Nixon’s policies overall. Now that he is gone because of a scandal nobody will care anymore in 3 weeks, voters will revert back to supporting Republicans and rally around the flag.

The Democratic Party is totally finished at the presidential level. We’d be very lucky to ever win the presidency again before 2000, perhaps even 2020. Not even Watergate can change this fact. That’s how screwed we are.

Nixon was
the hero
America needed,
but didn’t
deserve

Santander
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 1974, 02:39:12 pm »

My king George Wallace in the White House as VP? I would orgasm. Then we just need a Second Amendment solution for Ford. I’d volunteer. God bless America.

President Johnson
Atlas institution
★★★★★

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 1974, 02:56:54 pm »

Bronz being bronz again… why do you keep creating such ridiculous threads? Come on! Neither of the Southern racists mentioned will be near the White House in our lifetimes. Forget about it. Nelson Rockefeller’s name has been floated for the position and he would make an excellent vice president. He’d also lock down New York for Ford given he handily won 4 elections in the Empire State. Anyway, I hope Rockefeller replaces Ford on the ticket in 1976, ideally switch positions (do you think this is possible?). He was the best governor in American history. Sorry, Democrats, I’d support him over any Democrat for president. He’s the true inheritor of Lyndon Johnson’s legacy (rest in peace, hero, I’m still so sad you left us last year).

Virginiá
Virginia C
ModAdmin
★★★★★

« on:Reply #8 August 13, 1974, 03:09:18 pm »

Please refrain from any violence calls for “Second Amendment solutions”. Further such posts will be deleted and the author receive a temp ban.

To the question, which I will answer seriously despite obvious trolling from the OP: Ford can appeal to some Southern voters by picking a moderate Southerner from Republican ranks, see John Tower or Howard Baker. The Democrats are well advised to stick with the CRA and VRA and abandon the Dixiecrats in 1976. They’ve been lost since Truman in ’48. We need to consolidate support in Northern states and a Michigander like Ford might be more for a formidable opponent than people think today. He has 2 years to build up a record and reputation. However, partisan winds in 1976 may be enough to elect a Democrat who may have to deal with a fallout from Vietnam and pave the way for a more extreme presidency later on. Keep watching Reagan, folks.

brucejoel99
Atlas instutution
★★★★★

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 1974, 03:11:08 pm »

bronz: So you’re suggesting to put a racist in the second highest office of the nation to appeal to racists? Got it.

Modern School Republican
Computer49
 Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 1974, 03:27:36 pm »

Wait you re suggesting Wallace or Maddox as VP . Lmao

If Ford wants Southern support, he needs to pick Reagan for VP and let him run for president in 1976. He was a co-runnerup in 1968 with Rockefeller , whom is too liberal for the party now. Days of the Dewey East Coast Establishment are over. Stagflation is proof liberals were wrong about economic policies. Reagan has reformed CA and created a national model to follow.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 1974, 03:40:51 pm »

It doesn’t matter who throws the next bombs once the Vietcong starts another liberation offensive. The military industrial complex always wins.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 1974, 03:57:41 pm »

Vietnam became rice importing nation from rice exporting nation due to Agent Orange🍊🍊 and Operation Rolling Thunder. With incoming blue wave🌊 in Nov and aid reduction, Saigon collapse is inevitable. Nixxon was responsible for Christmas bombings in 72 whom Wallace supported and suggested nukes. Truman was last prez to use nukes and got stuck in Asian ground war. He became prez after serving as VEEP under wheelchair prez and consequently voters wont support Wallace.

As Ford isn’t Nixon confidante,   he can name JOHN CONALLY Veep whos from Sunbelt Stack. But last time he won TX he was a Dem and Tower is in vulnerable seat. He only won due to special election in 1961 when Johnson became Veep. 😁

JoeRepublic
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 1974, 04:00:28 pm »

Honestly, I don’t understand why people are seriously responding to threads like this? It’s so obvious the OP is trolling once again, as he has been for years. Remember when he suggested to reinstate segregation to prevent any further assassinations in 1968? I sure do.

Gerald Ford’s vice presidential pick is far from his biggest problem at times like this. He will have to answer whether to pardon Nixon (which he shouldn’t). And either way, people will be unhappy. It’s a shame it’s come this far and we had a president resigning in disgrace after nearly 200 years of our history. It amazes me Fuzzy Bear is still defending this cr*p of a person. He’s not worth responding to.

Mine eyes
have seen
the glory of
the resigning
of the Nixon

BRTD
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 1974, 05:51:26 pm »

LOL… who cares? Ford will be a caretaker and dropped as GOP candidate anyway, because he’s not hating poor people enough and not appealing to Wallace/Nixon voters. It’s now clearly Goldwater’s party and Nixon’s brand has zero credibility everywhere I’ve been this year. I have been fortunate enough never to live in a Nixon prescient. Just few posters can claim so.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 1974, 06:19:22 pm »

ROCKEFELLER nomination and Ford having 60 per cent approvals means BLUE WAVE is no longer secure as we don't have 100 days to election. Ford wont give pardon to Nixon and Laxalt is leading polls in NV. Harry Reid was low profile lt gov, consequently Ds need wave insurace in KY. Leahy can win VT and we have 55 D senate to pass Kennedy healthcare legislation and stimulus against Stagflation. But it's no longer guaranteed as Rockefeller is DEWEY GOPer and not Goldwater GOPer.

brucejoel, Wildman and Prez Johnson have insisted Ds gonna win 280 House. We need more polls but Ford is at 60 per cent approvals. Rs can keep Southern freiwall in 76 as Wallace hasnt endorsed Humphrey or Jackson 4 prez and Akswe said hes not gonna run. 😎😎

VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2021, 12:01:14 PM »

The GMac and Alben Barkley types would be going on about how “woke” people who go around saying insane stuff like blacks are equal to whites will make the Union lose the Civil War
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2021, 12:40:18 PM »

The ironic thing is that 47 years ago, Fuzzy was probably as much of a shill for Democrats as he is for Republicans now, since I'm pretty sure 2000 was when he switched over.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2021, 12:50:27 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2021, 12:56:51 PM by Alben Barkley »

The GMac and Alben Barkley types would be going on about how “woke” people who go around saying insane stuff like blacks are equal to whites will make the Union lose the Civil War

🙄

“There is literally no difference between thinking it’s a bad look for people to go insane and threaten to kill and rape people on Twitter for things like saying biological sex is real, and thinking that it’s OK for people to own slaves and be virulent racists.”

I’ve always stood up for what I believe in. It just so happens that I both believe racism is awful (and like to think I always would have) and that not every single thing the “woke” left says or does today is right or productive. I’m a white liberal Democrat in Kentucky for Christ’s sake. I’m obviously not someone who just takes the path of least resistance and has no core beliefs. If I was, I would either just be a Republican or be a Democrat who goes along with the woke hivemind without question. But both of those things would be to betray what I really believe. I am not nearly as unprincipled as certain people here like to portray me. Principles and pragmatism are not mutually exclusive. And believe it or not, it’s possible for people to just disagree with you without some kind of malevolent or cynical motive.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »

Modern School Republican
Computer49
 Atlas legend
★★★★★

If Ford wants Southern support, he needs to pick Reagan for VP and let him run for president in 1976. He was a co-runnerup in 1968 with Rockefeller , whom is too liberal for the party now. Days of the Dewey East Coast Establishment are over. Stagflation is proof liberals were wrong about economic policies. Reagan has reformed CA and created a national model to follow.

That seems exactly what I would say, and seems exactly like what my screenname would be.

Great Job !
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »

snip

Lmao, this made he laugh big time. My post is a bit hackish, but everything reads pretty realtic. Well done!

Olawakandi, Santander's and BRTD's display names are hilarious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas icon
★★★★★

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 1974, 01:15:21 pm »

Ford came from the ranks of the Michigan GOP with no mandate from voters. How does he appeal to Southerners now that he’s become president and  to voters of the former Confederacy in 1976? Should he nominate George Wallace or Lester Maddox for VP under 25th Amendment and keep them on ticket in 2 years? He could claim a unity government after Watergate is in the country’s best interest. Or should he pick a Nixonian VP like Rumsfeld? Without a doubt Nixon still has big support in the South. Dems must get realistic about that despite their gloating over his resignation. I’m not saying Nixon was right, but it’s a legitimate issue Dems have been dodging for decades.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas icon
★★★★★

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 1974, 01:29:13 pm »

What the f-ck?! Seriously, bronz, what drugs are you on? Ford is not going to pick a Democratic VP, let alone a goddamn Dixiecrat. Wallace’s White House ambitions are finished and Maddox is done after losing the gubernatorial primary this year. Democrats should work with Ford where possible and nominate Askew, Wendell Ford or even Carter in ’76. After 1976 long looked like a longshot, we're now well positioned after years of national embarrassment; Nixon the old crook destroyed his party for good.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 1974, 01:35:39 pm »

Nixon is disgraced prez and blue wave🌊🌊🌊 is building up for Nov, consequently Ford will be lame duck with SPEAKER ALBERT. VP is irrelevant anyways as Kissinger stays in cabinet as SoS and Natl Sec Advisor. Kissinger is Jewish and Wallace cant be trusted with minorities in govt. He wanted segregation like bronx, who’s creating same threads over and over again.

As Maddox was rejected in GA gov primary and Wallace is in wheelchair, both are DOA. There hasnt been wheelchair prez since FDR and never been wheelchair VP. It’s not 1933 anymore, television is all over the place now, which is why Johnson lost war in Vietnam. We have 100 days to election and Rs are losing generic ballot. It’s gonna be 320(115 D House and filibusterproof senate with PREZ MANSFIELD. 😁😎

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas instutution
★★★★★

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 1974, 02:11:49 pm »

Ford should not stand for election in 1976. He was a placeholder VP appointed because no other Republican could have been confirmed by a very hostile Democratic congress last year. Democrats, who failed beating Nixon 3 times (as JFK cheated), did this on purpose to have a weak incumbent in 1976. Nixon made some bad decisions over his time in office, but should absolutely not have stepped down and fight this media-driven witch hunt through. The public was always on his side before the media made a huge deal of the tapes in which used a few salty words. Vietnam is now in peril, Nixon would have honored the Paris Accords and protected the South. I have doubts Ford will be able to so with this congress. It’s truly a disgrace a highly respected and able president must step down for the minor offense of wiretapping, a common practice since the days of FDR. Was Truman forced to resign after Korea? Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs? Johnson for getting into countless lying over the war? The coastal establishment and media elites always hated Nixon for his many successes and because he won 49 states. History will prove him right.

If Republicans stick with Ford, I could see myself vote for Maddox or Wallace on a third party ticket. They won’t be VP under Ford, neither should they accept such an offer. They have far more public support than a former Michigan congressman who never won another race and repeatedly failed to become speaker.

Snow Labrador
Concerned citizen
★★★★★

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 1974, 02:30:10 pm »

Extra efforts to appeal to them are no longer necessary. After Nixon utterly humiliating us in the South, it’s gone for Democrats. We’ve become the party of liberal Boston elites. Ford meanwhile also appeals to Northerns and 1976 will be another landslide. Hear me out, Ford will win over 400 electoral votes and by double digits in the popular vote. Heck, Republicans can win congress in 1976. I doubt we even win additional seats in the upcoming midterms as Ford has a positive approval. Our majority will decrease if that keeps up. Americans liked Nixon’s policies overall. Now that he is gone because of a scandal nobody will care anymore in 3 weeks, voters will revert back to supporting Republicans and rally around the flag.

The Democratic Party is totally finished at the presidential level. We’d be very lucky to ever win the presidency again before 2000, perhaps even 2020. Not even Watergate can change this fact. That’s how screwed we are.

Nixon was
the hero
America needed,
but didn’t
deserve

Santander
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 1974, 02:39:12 pm »

My king George Wallace in the White House as VP? I would orgasm. Then we just need a Second Amendment solution for Ford. I’d volunteer. God bless America.

President Johnson
Atlas institution
★★★★★

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 1974, 02:56:54 pm »

Bronz being bronz again… why do you keep creating such ridiculous threads? Come on! Neither of the Southern racists mentioned will be near the White House in our lifetimes. Forget about it. Nelson Rockefeller’s name has been floated for the position and he would make an excellent vice president. He’d also lock down New York for Ford given he handily won 4 elections in the Empire State. Anyway, I hope Rockefeller replaces Ford on the ticket in 1976, ideally switch positions (do you think this is possible?). He was the best governor in American history. Sorry, Democrats, I’d support him over any Democrat for president. He’s the true inheritor of Lyndon Johnson’s legacy (rest in peace, hero, I’m still so sad you left us last year).

Virginiá
Virginia C
ModAdmin
★★★★★

« on:Reply #8 August 13, 1974, 03:09:18 pm »

Please refrain from any violence calls for “Second Amendment solutions”. Further such posts will be deleted and the author receive a temp ban.

To the question, which I will answer seriously despite obvious trolling from the OP: Ford can appeal to some Southern voters by picking a moderate Southerner from Republican ranks, see John Tower or Howard Baker. The Democrats are well advised to stick with the CRA and VRA and abandon the Dixiecrats in 1976. They’ve been lost since Truman in ’48. We need to consolidate support in Northern states and a Michigander like Ford might be more for a formidable opponent than people think today. He has 2 years to build up a record and reputation. However, partisan winds in 1976 may be enough to elect a Democrat who may have to deal with a fallout from Vietnam and pave the way for a more extreme presidency later on. Keep watching Reagan, folks.

brucejoel99
Atlas instutution
★★★★★

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 1974, 03:11:08 pm »

bronz: So you’re suggesting to put a racist in the second highest office of the nation to appeal to racists? Got it.

Modern School Republican
Computer49
 Atlas legend
★★★★★

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 1974, 03:40:51 pm »

It doesn’t matter who throws the next bombs once the Vietcong starts another liberation offensive. The military industrial complex always wins.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 1974, 03:57:41 pm »

Vietnam became rice importing nation from rice exporting nation due to Agent Orange🍊🍊 and Operation Rolling Thunder. With incoming blue wave🌊 in Nov and aid reduction, Saigon collapse is inevitable. Nixxon was responsible for Christmas bombings in 72 whom Wallace supported and suggested nukes. Truman was last prez to use nukes and got stuck in Asian ground war. He became prez after serving as VEEP under wheelchair prez and consequently voters wont support Wallace.

As Ford isn’t Nixon confidante,   he can name JOHN CONALLY Veep whos from Sunbelt Stack. But last time he won TX he was a Dem and Tower is in vulnerable seat. He only won due to special election in 1961 when Johnson became Veep. 😁

JoeRepublic
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 1974, 04:00:28 pm »

Honestly, I don’t understand why people are seriously responding to threads like this? It’s so obvious the OP is trolling once again, as he has been for years. Remember when he suggested to reinstate segregation to prevent any further assassinations in 1968? I sure do.

Gerald Ford’s vice presidential pick is far from his biggest problem at times like this. He will have to answer whether to pardon Nixon (which he shouldn’t). And either way, people will be unhappy. It’s a shame it’s come this far and we had a president resigning in disgrace after nearly 200 years of our history. It amazes me Fuzzy Bear is still defending this cr*p of a person. He’s not worth responding to.

Mine eyes
have seen
the glory of
the resigning
of the Nixon

BRTD
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 1974, 05:51:26 pm »

LOL… who cares? Ford will be a caretaker and dropped as GOP candidate anyway, because he’s not hating poor people enough and not appealing to Wallace/Nixon voters. It’s now clearly Goldwater’s party and Nixon’s brand has zero credibility everywhere I’ve been this year. I have been fortunate enough never to live in a Nixon prescient. Just few posters can claim so.

MR. SPIROR AGNEW
olawakandi
Atlas legend
★★★★★

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 1974, 06:19:22 pm »

ROCKEFELLER nomination and Ford having 60 per cent approvals means BLUE WAVE is no longer secure as we don't have 100 days to election. Ford wont give pardon to Nixon and Laxalt is leading polls in NV. Harry Reid was low profile lt gov, consequently Ds need wave insurace in KY. Leahy can win VT and we have 55 D senate to pass Kennedy healthcare legislation and stimulus against Stagflation. But it's no longer guaranteed as Rockefeller is DEWEY GOPer and not Goldwater GOPer.

brucejoel, Wildman and Prez Johnson have insisted Ds gonna win 280 House. We need more polls but Ford is at 60 per cent approvals. Rs can keep Southern freiwall in 76 as Wallace hasnt endorsed Humphrey or Jackson 4 prez and Akswe said hes not gonna run. 😎😎

Fuzzy Bear would've been a red avatar then and probably a fairly hackish one.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2021, 09:20:34 PM »

Blacks should
pick cotton

DixieBoy
Rookie

⭐⭐

Opinion of slavery?
« on: February 01, 1849 at 08:02:30 »

Black people should pick cotton, it's in their financial best interest, especially for some of the wealthier ones

They should support our troops as well, and cotton ensures the troops, the country, and our economy stay strong

Recommend  |  2 other people recommend this.

Blacks should
pick Cotton

DixieBoy
Rookie

⭐⭐

Tom Cotton Campaign Megathread
«Reply #392 on: February 01, 2024 at 08:02:30 »

Black people should pick Cotton, it's in their financial best interest, especially for some of the wealthier ones

They should support our troops as well, and Cotton ensures the troops, our country, and our economy stay strong

Inspired by "RandomInternetUser"'s images section
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2021, 06:03:05 PM »

Richard Mentor Johnson
KYWildman
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

Jonathan Dule
Atlas Institution
★★★★★

Chips
Those Chips
YaBB God
★★★★★

Sir Woodbury
★★★★

Virginia
Virginia
Administrator
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

Absolutely hilarious.
Moreover, believe it or not, I actually agree with 1964 Dule's statement.

Blacks should
pick cotton

DixieBoy
Rookie

⭐⭐

Opinion of slavery?
« on: February 01, 1849 at 08:02:30 »

Black people should pick cotton, it's in their financial best interest, especially for some of the wealthier ones

They should support our troops as well, and cotton ensures the troops, the country, and our economy stay strong

Blacks should
pick Cotton

DixieBoy
Rookie

⭐⭐

Tom Cotton Campaign Megathread
«Reply #392 on: February 01, 2024 at 08:02:30 »

Black people should pick Cotton, it's in their financial best interest, especially for some of the wealthier ones

They should support our troops as well, and Cotton ensures the troops, our country, and our economy stay strong

Inspired by "RandomInternetUser"'s images section

I just LOL'ed when I read this.

SirWoodbury
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 04:13:21 pm »

?

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 04:25:19 pm »

Man, will you ever stop? Kennedy won the state fair and sqaure and all that's all that matters. Get over it, Nixon lost because Ike didn't do a f--k to get him elected.

SN2906
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 05:31:40 pm »

If not for the Johnson Machine, Kennedy would have lost Texas. There were thousands of illegal ballots at the Mexican border that nobody wants to talk about. Together with Daley's crooks and the mafia, the Democrats stole Illinois as well and with it the election.

As Nixon gracefully conceded despite proof of massive irregularities, this will elect him in 1964. JFK is inexperienced and will fail as president and Americans in 1964 will glady elect him, acknowleding that "electing" a Massachusetts aristocrat was a huge mistake.

Vice President-elect Johnson
Majority Leader Johnson
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 05:54:34 pm »

Insinuating Lyndon Johnson somehow stole Texas is beyond ridiculous. There's no way you cheat upon 45,000 votes. It's ridiculous and we should stop responding to these kinds of threads.

What I will say is that the margin in Texas was indeed underwhelming but clearily demonstrates that Lyndon Johnson is the sole reason Kennedy got even elected. I said it back in July that Democrats made a mistake by not nominating Big Lyndon for president. He would have won by a larger margin and would be a better president. Anyway, I'm looking forward to 8 successful years as vice president and Johnson winning the 1968 presidential election. Then Democrats will have realized that he's the man!

Chips
ThoseChips
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:05:56 pm »

It was closer than expected but says nothing about 1964. A lot of things can change in between. Having voted for Truman, Eisenhower twice, I voted for Nixon but we need to support Kennedy now.

olawakandi
Atlas Titan
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:18:09 pm »

As Gary Powers was captured by Khruschev, Rs were rejected on generic ballot. Nixon visited USSR for kitchen debate and got tied to Soviet espionage which shot down US plane over USSR territory. Consequently, Nixon's bid 4 prez was doomed since Eisenhower survived heart attack. 😎

Kennedy can pass civil rights legislation with Johnson PREZ OF SENATE and Speaker RAYBURN, whom introduced previous civil rights bills. Eisenhower didnt do much in office anyways 😆😆

Snow Labrador
Concerned Citizen
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:50:22 pm »

This was much closer than it should have been and confirms the South is becoming more Republican. There's no way Kennedy will win a second term. Texas will vote Republican by 5 points or so in 1964, regardless of the candidates. Not even Johnson could win it again.

TexasGurl
Moderators
★★★★★

olawakandi
Atlas Titan
★★★★★

« on: November 11, 1960, 06:59:29 pm »

Having Johnson ballot, TX was wave insurace and Rs never cracked Southern freiwall since Reconstruction. Eisenhower won TX due to fact he was general in WWII. Nixon wasnt general and just generic R who lost TV debate over Sputnik.

SN and Sir Woodbury said Nixon was gonna win 400 EVs landslide. No he didnt as AAs were flocking to Kenndy over civil rights. Rs will be minority and powerless. They dont have next Eisenhower 😆😆

To be fair claims Nixon might've won TX and IL actually have a strong basis in actual facts and inconsistencies. Comparing them to the Stop the Steal gives way too much credence and credibility to the latter.

Had this board existed in the early 1860’s, posters from southern states would express their pro-confederacy views, manifesting in aggressively petitioning for a “Confederacy General Discussion” board as well as CSA-shaped avatars for their profiles.

Some still do. Yellowhammer (C-AL) comes to mind, as well as Dead Prez / The Notorious G.O.P. (R-FL).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »

Democrats for Hoover
Yellowhammer
YaBB God

★★★★★

Re: Al Smith Officially Nominated by the Democrats
« on: June 28th , 1928 at 3:56:17 pm »

I have never been more disgusted to be a Democrat than I am today and I can never back someone who will sell our people out this way. I am proud of my Senator James Heflin for not going along with this farce and endorsing Hoover, as I am also endorsing Hoover. I truly hope the South this year punishes the Democrats for this betrayal and votes for Hoover this year.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2021, 07:32:47 PM »

Strom Thurmond Fan
Yellowhammer
YaBB God

★★★★★

Re: BREAKING: President Truman desegregates the military and federal government
« on: July 26th, 1948 at 5:47:18 pm »

Truman has betrayed the Democratic base. We the South will make him pay so much, he couldn't be elected dog catcher in his hometown!

Will be changing my avatar to independent

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2021, 08:10:23 PM »

S019
Suburban New Jersey Conservative
YaBB God
★★★★★

Re: Black People Are Coming to the Cities
« on: July 18, 1969 at 07:50:15 am »

The Black People are coming to the cities, they are hoarding the cities and ruining them, and they are bringing crime! I'm moving to Morristown, New Jersey where we can live away from the blacks. We should ban drugs and guns for black people to stop the crime and we should have a war on drugs.

[signature: VOTE SUBURBAN FOR COUNCILOR]

Yes, it's a great idea to use this great thread as tool to baselessly and unfairly insinuate a poster you dislike is racist...especially considering that S019 has indicated he himself is a minority (an Indian-American, in fact, like both of us). This was not a good thing of you to do.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2021, 08:32:25 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2021, 08:43:50 PM by Ishan »

S019
Suburban New Jersey Conservative
YaBB God
★★★★★

Re: Black People Are Coming to the Cities
« on: July 18, 1969 at 07:50:15 am »

The Black People are coming to the cities, they are hoarding the cities and ruining them, and they are bringing crime! I'm moving to Morristown, New Jersey where we can live away from the blacks. We should ban drugs and guns for black people to stop the crime and we should have a war on drugs.

[signature: VOTE SUBURBAN FOR COUNCILOR]

Yes, it's a great idea to use this great thread as tool to baselessly and unfairly insinuate a poster you dislike is racist...especially considering that S019 has indicated he himself is a minority (an Indian-American, in fact, like both of us). This was not a good thing of you to do.
I do regret making this post and it has been a year since I made it. I made this post because I disliked S019 mainly because of Atlasia stuff, which is stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies