The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:09:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 164538 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: August 06, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGQ6UizqcU
Hes running
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 04:16:36 PM »

I dont think they would be the only Dems to challenge Harris. Harris would probably have one semi serious Challenger from the Left and one from the right. Max Rose could be the one on the right but I doubt hes dumb enough to think he has a chance in national primary at the moment but if Harris is unpopular a semi serious challenge could amount akin to Sanders 2016 but this all of course depends on how the Biden administration goes.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:17:43 PM »

Nikki Haley is criss-crossing the Country. She is running! Democrats are already SCARED of her!
No were not lol shed be one of the easier Republicans to beat if she somehow won the primary the base would not turn out for her
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 01:28:14 PM »

If Biden loses theirs a good chance 2024 is gonna be Cuomo vs Harris vs AOC Warren may run again too but shed be a little old. if Biden wins the dem side is gonna be pretty boring with VP harris facing Joke opposition and maybe theirs a chance one serious progressive runs and gets a Bernie 2016 coalition (with DINOS and Progressives) to give Harris a scare but I doubt they will Challenging a sitting vp with the endorsement the current presidents endorsement is an incredibly tough thing to do. 
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »

Incoming GOP Civil war between the Trumpists and the Bush**tes and Neocons is incoming a big power struggle will take place over the next 4 years culminating in the 2024 GOP primary
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »

I wonder is Yang2024 even real?

He'd be perfect candidate
Yang will definitely run for something between now and 2024 I could see him giving NYC mayor a run in 2021 (though the field is starting to populate with some relatively strong candidates) run for NY Gov in 2022 if Cuomo doesn't run again. But Yang's a smart guy though if he thinks he won't stand a chance in 2024 he's not running If he gets a job in the Biden/Harris administration he ain't running
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 01:18:00 PM »

It's looking like both senators and Floridas governor are planning on running in 2024 With Carlson and Trump also potential candidates the FL GOP primary could have 5 different candidates from the state competing against each other Rubio Vs Scott vs DeSantis Vs Carlson vs Trump. If Trump runs hed very likely win it without him running id say Desantis would be favored.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 05:49:38 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2021, 06:33:08 PM by Canis »

Warren was asked if she’d run for president in 2024, and she said she “expects to support” Biden for ’24.  But then when asked what she’ll do if he doesn’t run, she interestingly dodged the question, by just saying “Joe Biden is running”:

https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/story/news/2021/09/05/liz-warren-holds-firm-2024-saying-she-only-eyeing-senate/5673317001/

when asked by the Daily News before Monday's event in Franklin whether she intended to make another attempt for the presidency, Warren simply responded: "Joe Biden is running for president and I expect to support him."

And when queried about what would happen if Biden chose not to seek a second term, Warren replied, “Joe Biden is running.”  

I've been of the belief that if Biden isn't going to run, Harris is going to have a harder road to the primary than she thinks, and that's if she runs. Harris will probably be begged to come back to California and primary Feinstein/run in an open seat Senate race, especially if 2024 looks like a lost cause atop the ballot.

Whether that impacts any decision by Warren, I have no idea.
Im not sure there will be pressure for Harris to primary Feinstein I'm pretty sure Feinstein will retire. But I agree if Biden doesn't run I don't see what's stopping AOC Buttigieg and Warren from running who could pose very serious threats to Harris. A dark horse could also hop in like maybe JBE or Eric Adams.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 01:47:05 AM »

Idk if Pete's the right guy to do it but Kamala would be pretty vulnerable in the primary according to the polls. Also If Warrens or AOC's in the race and solidify's the progressive wing they could prove to be formidable challengers to Kamala as we'll see though I think Biden's probably gonna be too old to run for reelection but he might we still got 3 years to see how stuff will shape out.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 12:33:26 PM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 11:51:59 AM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 12:34:48 PM »

Gavin made a florida ad buy for the fourth of July weekend in Florida on fox news bashing Desantis. This is Gavins first step getting into the national sphere hes clearly preparing to run in 2024.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 01:16:09 AM »

This is 100% a soft launch for his campaign
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2022, 07:40:22 PM »

Marianne Williamson is supposedly to launch an exploratory committee soon and hiring former Bernie staff in IA NH NV and  SC
At a party in L.A. last month, Williamson spoke about her position against “corporate Democrats” and the need to challenge Biden. Two very reliable sources have also told me that Williamson has already put out feelers to donors and secured an exploratory committee campaign tab on Act Blue. She has visited New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa (before the decision to nix Iowa from the primary lineup). She’s already trying to build an operation in South Carolina where staffers are reaching out to former Bernie Sanders alumni to see if they’re game. (Williamson declined to comment.)

https://puck.news/bidens-surprise-challenger-scalises-speaker-weapon/
I was at an event with Marianne a few months ago and she did tell us she's considering it, and I've heard she's already begun hiring staff here in Cali as well. Nina Turner is also considering running as well, I think Marianne is closer to announcing though it's interesting her and Nina are friends I wonder if they'd run against each other or if Nina will just not run and support Marianne if she hops in first. Id prefer Nina over Marianne though id support either Marianne has said and done some questionable things but Marianne has higher name rec and a larger fundraising network.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 03:15:28 PM »

Hogan states he's considering running
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 09:30:49 PM »

https://kitparsons.substack.com/p/2024withandrewyang
Yang probably out for 2024
I’m always looking to have a positive impact and am in my 40s. Just about every day someone asks me to run again, which I appreciate. I certainly would be open to running again if I thought it would lead to good things for people and the circumstances were right. Right now I believe that structural reforms like Ranked Choice Voting are what the country needs in order for there to be the kind of choices that people want.
and he wants Marianne Williamson to run against Joe Biden
Marianne Williamson is a genuine and moral person. I always enjoyed spending time with her on the trail and consider her a friend. I think that some form of choice and competition in the Democratic Party would be a positive thing. I personally would be supportive.

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2023, 05:35:32 PM »

Hogan will consider not running should he play spoiler for an anti Trump candidate
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 12:24:12 AM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson

NOT OFFICIALLY IN, BUT OBVIOUSLY RUNNING:

Pence
DeSantis
Pompeo

MAYBE:

Scott
Sununu
Christie
Bolton
Suarez
Burgum

I'm not sure why Ramaswamy is considered a serious candidate, but former Cranston Rhode Island mayor Steve Laffey, who is also running, isn't.
Vivek has a ton of money hes not a billionaire but still has a net worth of 600 million and is capable of buying himself media coverage and large ad buys. Steve Laffey, on the other hand, doesn't his estimated net worth is just 1 million he can't afford to self-fund a viable national campaign.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 02:33:37 PM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson

NOT OFFICIALLY IN, BUT OBVIOUSLY RUNNING:

Pence
DeSantis
Pompeo

MAYBE:

Scott
Sununu
Christie
Bolton
Suarez
Burgum

I'm not sure why Ramaswamy is considered a serious candidate, but former Cranston Rhode Island mayor Steve Laffey, who is also running, isn't.
Vivek has a ton of money hes not a billionaire but still has a net worth of 600 million and is capable of buying himself media coverage and large ad buys. Steve Laffey, on the other hand, doesn't his estimated net worth is just 1 million he can't afford to self-fund a viable national campaign.

Still, Laffey is an elected mayor who ran for the U.S Senate. On paper anyway, he's a credible candidate.
Being an elected mayor who ran for US senate doesn't really mean much nowadays. Pete Buttigieg and Wayne Messam are great examples of this. Wayne Messam was mayor of a larger city than Buttigieg and was on paper a better candidate yet Buttigieg had the financial backing of several billionaires and was a major candidate. That's just one example of people who've held elected office at the local level fail when running for major office, all the time sometimes to people with little to no political experience. Laffey hasn't held political office since 2007 I doubt he's even remotely relevant to the residents of Cranston today, his last political outing was a last-place finish in the CO-4 Republican primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies