Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12277 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: December 12, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »

This is eerily similar to the type of crap Trump supporters said after Charlottesville.
“Oh not all Sanders supporters...”
“Oh I don’t have to condemn that because it doesn’t apply to me...”
“But (insert name here)”

Enough is enough.
If a Buttigieg supporter did this at a Sanders event, people would be calling for blood (figuratively)

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »

This is eerily similar to the type of crap Trump supporters said after Charlottesville.
“Oh not all Sanders supporters...”
“Oh I don’t have to condemn that because it doesn’t apply to me...”
“But (insert name here)”

Enough is enough.
If a Buttigieg supporter did this at a Sanders event, people would be calling for blood (figuratively)

The thing you're missing is that Trump actually supports an ideology that logically calls for violence and bigotry. Sanders does not. Obviously people doing bad things in the name of Sanders or Trump are both bad--f*ing duh--but the difference is in ideology. But I guess the centrists on here don't understand "ideology" and the context that causes.

But if people want to carry on with some idiotic "horseshoe theory" narrative, sure, I can't stop you, it's a free country! (That is, unless the fascist right wins more power due to not being stopped by a left-wing movement looking for meaningful change. Hopefully not! Smiley )
When the **** did I say the two were the same?
I only drew a comparison between the excuses Trump cultists and Sanders cultists use to justify violence/general assholery.

Yes I get that they are different, but that doesn’t justify this behavior by any means. If a Buttigieg supporter pulled these charades, I would be pissed as well.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »

Sanders is the leader of a movement battling the Democratic Party from the inside with extremist policies and tactics and a neverending avalanche of bad-faith demands and arguments.  It's a whole group of people trying to tear the party apart and create a left-wing tea party.  And there's a big social media and alternative media pipeline trying to push young people into this movement.  They lie and lie and lie to foster a hatred for Democrats in the minds of progressive-minded young people.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.  I think he's a big threat to the party and needs to be taken down.

It says a lot that I agree with everything you said but I still think you're the most obnoxious poster on this site.

You can either lie down and let them walk over you, or you can put yourself out there and take all the abuse and bullying that this board is known for.

I mean look at this thread.  All I did was post what happened with barely any editorializing.  And immediately got a dozen posts telling me what an awful poster I am and how dare I even post about this event.  As if supporters of a presidential candidate breaking into a private home to interrupt another candidate's fundraiser isn't even newsworthy.  Imagine if Trump supporters did this.

At a certain point, abuse from progressives is just the boy who cried wolf.  They label everyone who dares to criticize Sanders/Warren/AOC the worst person ever and try to harass him/her off the site.  Like I don't care.  This happens when you engage in political arguments with bad-faith posters.  They're going to be extremely disingenuous, and mock you, and lie about you.  My posts stand on their own.

I actually like how Pete handles this at his events.  The Sanders crew has been showing up to every Pete event to shout and wave signs and banners with lies and calling him all sorts of nasty names.  He just talks down to them like the children they are, calmly refutes their arguments, and lets it roll off him.

Please do explain why the US can't have universal healthcare like every single other developed country in the world.
Many of these other countries also have private health insurance. Additionally, Sanders’ Medicare for all plan covers a lot more than nearly any other country’s single payer plan. Of course let’s ignore all of that for no reason.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:04:36 AM »

From someone who has been on here for just a few months, that is exactly what it looks like.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »

No, the reason why we don't have a public option/universal health care/whatever/etc is not that Dems lost an election in Kentucky.

It is that the American electoral system and particularly the U.S. Senate is unrepresentative and broken institutionally, so that the public option/whatever couldn't be passed even when there were Senators elected representing an overwhelming share of the population supporting it.

You are unlikely to fix that or many other problems until you fix that underlying failure of the system of government - see this thread - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=354038.0

Well that's some wonderful insight but not particularly helpful in the short term.  Saying we can't get better health care until we completely change our electoral system feels like, with all due respect, a lazy cop-out.

And btw, LMAO at the idea of Dems winning in KY, you are delusional beyond parody.

They lost by 6%.  Also Jim Bunning won by 1% in 2004 and 0.5% in 1998, and a Dem held the seat prior to that.  It's not that crazy.

Jim Bunning did so poorly in 2004 because (A) he was a dull, boring candidate, and (B) Dan Mongiardo was a pro-life Democrat who had support from Kentucky's significant voters who were Democratic (at the local level) churchgoers.

Good job, Dems, on running such people out of the party for good.  It'll be tough for Democrats to equal Mongiardo's numbers, let alone win, in a state that's culturally conservative, even though it still has a significant number of local Democrats and union members.
Abortion and gun issues probably cost Democrats millions more votes than they do gain. Even worse on a local level in many areas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies