Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12459 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 26, 2019, 03:35:27 AM »
« edited: November 26, 2019, 03:53:51 AM by punching violence in the face »

Not particularly. The incompetence of the corporate establishment (including a media that, if it's not a propaganda outfit, values profits and "appearing fair" over actual journalism) is the main factor. There are many factors, some of which Hillary was right and wrong about. However, the Shadows-types made an infinitesimal impact on the primary, especially compared to the rigidly technocratic campaign of the Clintons and the turn towards #NeverTrumpers (rather than progressives in the Midwest).

The Hill's "Rising" is Fox & Friends for Bernie Sanders. I have no idea what their commentary is even going to be once he drops out.

Right. The major difference between Rising and Fox and Friends/MSNBC (which really is Fox News for wine moms) that Rising has little reach. What major moments it's had come from Bernie supporters re-affirming their beliefs.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 06:17:49 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 07:47:27 AM by punching violence in the face »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 10:12:19 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 10:19:46 AM by punching violence in the face »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:58:26 PM by Speaker YE »

Guys I'm gonna say a slur

"B****e B*o"

This thread is what people mean when they talk about snowflakes lol

You really are the worst poster on the right, aren't you?

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

Nah. It's 100% true.

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".

Who said "Bernie Bro" implies being white? And who is calling women "Bernie Bros"? For someone who complained a lot about hyper-woke Harris supporters, this is hyper-wokeness taken to an extreme. And it actually is racist to make this argument; frankly, you seem not to understand why calling someone a "house n-word" isn't okay if you're going to make the ludicrous claim that "Bernie Bro" is an equivalent.

The guy who coined the term did. It was satirical at first, but the way people use the two terms is exactly the same.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:44 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:35:57 PM by Speaker YE »

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.

Don't blame me because you have all the thorns of Landslide Lyndon and none of the intelligence.

You know, I still have that quote saved in my profile.  And I'm getting pretty sick of you lying about it to make me look bad.

Dear Atlas:  Here is the "slanderous" quote, which at the time I jokingly attributed to sawx as a paraphrase of his argument.  This is the quote that sawx has, in dozens of posts over the last four months, been using to gaslight y'all into believing I'm such a horrible guy:

Quote from: GeneralMacarthur
well, well, well, uh, well TECHNICALLY it wasn't just MEN who told her to get cancer, um, it was also women!  So you're a SEXIST!  gotcha, bernie 2020

the context is, some Bernie Bros sent letters to the Working Families Party chairwoman, after she endorsed Warren, telling her to get cancer and die.  sawx, in an argument almost as tired as eric82oslo's Yang spam, said the real problem was people using the term "Bernie Bros."

Your post got modded because you tried to portray me as someone who would defend the vile things that were said. You then decided to play the victim after you publicly slandered me on the thread and you got the thread locked after you defamed my character.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2019, 01:11:04 AM by punching violence in the face »

Stop trying to wiggle out of this. Please tell me what you think is offensive about "house n-word". And then tell me how those same things are true about "Bernie bro". Let's not beat around the bush here: You claimed that calling someone a "Bernie bro" is equivalent to and equally as offensive as calling someone a "house n-word". I want it on the record what you think is offensive about "house n-word" and why you think the two terms are equivalent so that we can all laugh at you.

Very well then: I'll ask you a question. When have you heard white people use the term "house ******"?

African-Americans coined the term for African-Americans (because it's obviously very racist for someone who isn't black to use it) to describe people who weren't acting in the community's best interest. In fact, one of the documented incidents of a white man using the term was strongly condemned partly for similar reasons. The cartoonist, a white man, was trying to determine the best interests of the black community, and who was really for the cause. There was also Bill Maher's minstrel bit he did with Sasse, but the use of the term is only the tip of the iceberg there.

The term house ****** is much more loaded, coming from a white person's mouth. But the intent between using the two is the same, and it's extremely problematic for someone who isn't black to determine the two. It, quite frankly, prioritizes black obedience over black agency, and anyone using the term is trafficking in paternalism at best.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:29:18 PM by Speaker YE »

I mean, people can read the quote for themselves and see that what you're saying is a lie.  I never accused you of defending the threats, only of distracting from the substance of the thread with  commentary about us all being sexists for calling the threateners "Bernie Bros".

So funny story, for everyone who cares to follow: you were the one who brought the Warren/WFP spat up. The debate was about Briahna Joy Gray doxing a journalist - something that I actually said I found distasteful. I called Lyndon out and you jumped in, assumed my position on the issue (where there was literally nothing to go off of), and made a completely vile fake quote of me that (as the record shows) was far beyond the pale.

You're also blatantly lying about the length of the debate. If you read the part of the megathread I linked, the "multi-page rant" is about 5 posts on my end, most of which were addressing your slander. The vitriol was almost entirely after you decided to escalate the argument and our dear mods stepped in. Sure, call the one here a multi-page rant all you want, but the one that led up to this didn't happen because of YE's competence.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:39:21 PM by Speaker YE »

sawx, your position is to distract from every discussion about the deplorable behavior of Sanders supporters by taking the term "Bernie Bros" super-literally and feigning outrage over it.  Similar to how you just write an entire novel based on taking other parts of my post super-literally.  I don't know how you function when you get triggered by modest exaggeration.

Whether the original debate was about Brie Joy doxxing journalists or Bernie supporters harassing the WFP, it's really immaterial.  The point is nobody appreciates you interrupting every single Atlas discussion on this subject with tangential phony-outrage hysteria.

I don't really care or pretend to know whether or not you support telling WFP members to get cancer and die like your fellow Bernie Bros.  The point is that the appropriate response is not to write a 500-page belligerent diatribe about how all of Atlas is sexist for calling these dummies "Bernie Bros"

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »

Keep fighting the good fight against communism, GeneralMacArthur. I hope you won't surrender like your namesake did, and if god forbid Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, I hope you consider putting country over party.

And with this, I rest my case.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

Loud and clear. I don't expect things to escalate from here, seeing as I've said my piece.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 03:32:03 AM »

According to the great braintrust of MSNBC.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 03:27:54 PM »

Not getting into this again.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 03:58:56 PM »

This and the incident in South Bend...looks like Bernie is the one who needs to drop out.

You've pledged yourself to Trump if the left wins the nomination. You don't get to make judgments about the Democratic primary.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »

Enough is enough.
If a Buttigieg supporter did this at a Sanders event, people would be calling for blood (figuratively)

You clearly weren't here earlier in the thread, then.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 12:46:20 AM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 01:00:17 AM »

And then said administration proceeded to use a plan orginally proposed by Nixon, Gingrich and Grassley.

Remind me what party those three belong to.

Were you alive in 2009?  Do you remember what a disaster health care was before then, and how close we came to having absolutely zero reform?

Like what did you want Obama to do?
Do you understand how many lives the ACA has saved?
Do you understand that even just passing the ACA was one of the biggest fights in American history and required devastating, crippling sacrifices from the Democratic Party that we're still reeling from ten years later?

Also, comparing any contemporary politics to Richard Nixon, or any pre-Reagan GOP politician, is silly.  The Republican party lurched extremely far to the right in the 80s and 90s.  Nixon and his policies would be laughed out of the party today.  Also remember that Nixon had to work with a solid D congress and his policies often reflect that.

It's very frustrating to me, as someone who followed the Obamacare debate extremely closely, to see all the gaslighting and lying going on these days.  Like this was one of the most difficult political fights ever and the Democrats sacrificed everything to win it by the skin of their teeth, and ten years later we have this whole movement of people saying the party is awful because we didn't fight hard enough and didn't pass a good enough plan.

I mean we had 60 Senate seats in 2008, and this was such a severe fight that a year later a Republican got elected in Massachusetts on a single-issue stop-universal-health-care campaign.  And we didn't fight hard enough?  We didn't sacrifice enough?

You finished?

I noticed you didn't even address my point at all. Not that it's out of the norm.

On the bright side, MacArthur doesn't want to see people like us dead.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 08:29:50 AM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeew
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2019, 07:30:18 AM »

Same type of person as this...

You recommended a post calling my abuse story attention seeking. You don't get to police Bernie people's behavior.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 11:16:38 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2019, 03:45:07 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

As the CEO of Bernie Sanders, I'd like to welcome my new friends to the coalition. I'm very surprised to hear that TJ in Oregon and PittsburghSteel are backing us (especially the latter), but all is forgiven.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2019, 01:49:24 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

Honestly with multiple Bernie Bro threads on the first page, it's probably time for a mergathread on this. Anyone got a good idea for a title?

The Dane Weeks Memorial Repository for Corporatist Whining
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2019, 07:42:30 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.

I don't know why people keep expecting me to be a doormat and not call out bullsh*t when I see it but you need to get with the program.  There are users on this site you can bully around, and they'll just meekly take it, but I am not one of them.

I see Atlas's resident projectionist is triggered again.

Nothing to see here, move on.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.

I don't know why people keep expecting me to be a doormat and not call out bullsh*t when I see it but you need to get with the program.  There are users on this site you can bully around, and they'll just meekly take it, but I am not one of them.

Oh please, you are the biggest bully on this site and you know it. You shop around on Twitter for things to be outraged about and then bring that anger here, demanding that users "disavow" the behavior of people who share even the smallest sliver of their political views. I get that you're mad and I understand your reasons for hating Sanders' supporters on social media, but the moment you brought that bile into this forum and turned it against people who've never engaged in that sort of behavior, you discredited your entire argument. You need to stop playing the victim card and accept that your poor reputation on this site is earned.

Not to mention falsely accusing others of supporting said social behavior with no proof/evidence.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2019, 02:51:18 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2019, 02:54:31 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

By the way, I've been accused of posting these "Twitter controversies" so that I can push other users into disavowing them.

So let's go back to the original post I made to begin this megathread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=347606.msg7078040#msg7078040

No mentions of other users at all.  But the second reply is sawx derailing the thread with his usual avalanche of nasty personal attacks.

Rent free.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »

By the way, I've been accused of posting these "Twitter controversies" so that I can push other users into disavowing them.

So let's go back to the original post I made to begin this megathread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=347606.msg7078040#msg7078040

No mentions of other users at all.  But the second reply is sawx derailing the thread with his usual avalanche of nasty personal attacks.

Rent free.

Wow!  Makes sense.  Someone paying rent would have a clue about why Bernie Sanders is the guy. 

I mean I do and I live rent-free in MacArthur's head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies