Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:38:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12468 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:44 PM »
« edited: December 05, 2019, 06:35:57 PM by Speaker YE »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.

Don't blame me because you have all the thorns of Landslide Lyndon and none of the intelligence.

You know, I still have that quote saved in my profile.  And I'm getting pretty sick of you lying about it to make me look bad.

Dear Atlas:  Here is the "slanderous" quote, which at the time I jokingly attributed to sawx as a paraphrase of his argument.  This is the quote that sawx has, in dozens of posts over the last four months, been using to gaslight y'all into believing I'm such a horrible guy:

Quote from: GeneralMacarthur
well, well, well, uh, well TECHNICALLY it wasn't just MEN who told her to get cancer, um, it was also women!  So you're a SEXIST!  gotcha, bernie 2020

the context is, some Bernie Bros sent letters to the Working Families Party chairwoman, after she endorsed Warren, telling her to get cancer and die.  sawx, in an argument almost as tired as eric82oslo's Yang spam, said the real problem was people using the term "Bernie Bros."

Your post got modded because you tried to portray me as someone who would defend the vile things that were said. You then decided to play the victim after you publicly slandered me on the thread and you got the thread locked after you defamed my character.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »

Why won't more black people vote for Bernieeeeeeeeeee??
>Buttigieg at 0% with Black South Carolinians
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:36:30 PM by Speaker YE »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.

Don't blame me because you have all the thorns of Landslide Lyndon and none of the intelligence.

You know, I still have that quote saved in my profile.  And I'm getting pretty sick of you lying about it to make me look bad.

Dear Atlas:  Here is the "slanderous" quote, which at the time I jokingly attributed to sawx as a paraphrase of his argument.  This is the quote that sawx has, in dozens of posts over the last four months, been using to gaslight y'all into believing I'm such a horrible guy:

Quote from: GeneralMacarthur
well, well, well, uh, well TECHNICALLY it wasn't just MEN who told her to get cancer, um, it was also women!  So you're a SEXIST!  gotcha, bernie 2020

the context is, some Bernie Bros sent letters to the Working Families Party chairwoman, after she endorsed Warren, telling her to get cancer and die.  sawx, in an argument almost as tired as eric82oslo's Yang spam, said the real problem was people using the term "Bernie Bros."

Your post got modded because you tried to portray me as someone who would defend the vile things that were said. You then decided to play the victim after you publicly slandered me on the thread and you got the thread locked after you defamed my character.

Man up and own your ****-up.

I mean, people can read the quote for themselves and see that what you're saying is a lie.  I never accused you of defending the threats, only of distracting from the substance of the thread with commentary about us all being sexists for calling the threateners "Bernie Bros".
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2019, 01:11:04 AM by punching violence in the face »

Stop trying to wiggle out of this. Please tell me what you think is offensive about "house n-word". And then tell me how those same things are true about "Bernie bro". Let's not beat around the bush here: You claimed that calling someone a "Bernie bro" is equivalent to and equally as offensive as calling someone a "house n-word". I want it on the record what you think is offensive about "house n-word" and why you think the two terms are equivalent so that we can all laugh at you.

Very well then: I'll ask you a question. When have you heard white people use the term "house ******"?

African-Americans coined the term for African-Americans (because it's obviously very racist for someone who isn't black to use it) to describe people who weren't acting in the community's best interest. In fact, one of the documented incidents of a white man using the term was strongly condemned partly for similar reasons. The cartoonist, a white man, was trying to determine the best interests of the black community, and who was really for the cause. There was also Bill Maher's minstrel bit he did with Sasse, but the use of the term is only the tip of the iceberg there.

The term house ****** is much more loaded, coming from a white person's mouth. But the intent between using the two is the same, and it's extremely problematic for someone who isn't black to determine the two. It, quite frankly, prioritizes black obedience over black agency, and anyone using the term is trafficking in paternalism at best.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:29:18 PM by Speaker YE »

I mean, people can read the quote for themselves and see that what you're saying is a lie.  I never accused you of defending the threats, only of distracting from the substance of the thread with  commentary about us all being sexists for calling the threateners "Bernie Bros".

So funny story, for everyone who cares to follow: you were the one who brought the Warren/WFP spat up. The debate was about Briahna Joy Gray doxing a journalist - something that I actually said I found distasteful. I called Lyndon out and you jumped in, assumed my position on the issue (where there was literally nothing to go off of), and made a completely vile fake quote of me that (as the record shows) was far beyond the pale.

You're also blatantly lying about the length of the debate. If you read the part of the megathread I linked, the "multi-page rant" is about 5 posts on my end, most of which were addressing your slander. The vitriol was almost entirely after you decided to escalate the argument and our dear mods stepped in. Sure, call the one here a multi-page rant all you want, but the one that led up to this didn't happen because of YE's competence.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »

I’m just gonna leave this here:

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »

Oh come on.....we've done way more embarrassing things. This isn't even in the top 10
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »

IIRC, McArthur is a Biden supporter.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:38:24 PM by Speaker YE »

IIRC, McArthur is a Biden supporter.

I support Biden but I also like Buttigieg a lot!

Pretty much the only serious candidates I really dislike are Sanders and Gabbard.  I think Warren's policies are dumb but I'd be happy with her as president.

So funny story, for everyone who cares to follow: you were the one who brought the Warren/WFP spat up. The debate was about Briahna Joy Gray doxing a journalist - something that I actually said I found distasteful. I called Lyndon out and you jumped in, assumed my position on the issue (where there was literally nothing to go off of), and made a completely vile fake quote of me that (as the record shows) was far beyond the pale.

sawx, your position is to distract from every discussion about the deplorable behavior of Sanders supporters by taking the term "Bernie Bros" super-literally and feigning outrage over it.  Similar to how you just wrote an entire novel -- which I'm not going to bother quoting -- based on taking other parts of my post super-literally.  I don't know how you function when you get triggered by modest exaggeration.

Whether the original debate was about Brie Joy doxxing journalists or Bernie supporters harassing the WFP, it's really immaterial.  The point is nobody appreciates you interrupting every single Atlas discussion on this subject with tangential phony-outrage hysteria.

I don't really care or pretend to know whether or not you support telling WFP members to get cancer and die like your fellow Bernie Bros.  The point is that the appropriate response is not to write a 500-page belligerent diatribe about how all of Atlas is sexist for calling these dummies "Bernie Bros"
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 04:00:54 PM »

Keep fighting the good fight against communism, GeneralMacArthur. I hope you won't surrender like your namesake did, and if god forbid Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, I hope you consider putting country over party.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2019, 04:03:01 PM »

Nice try, OP, but Pete has only 2% of the black vote.

You sure it's that high?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:39:21 PM by Speaker YE »

sawx, your position is to distract from every discussion about the deplorable behavior of Sanders supporters by taking the term "Bernie Bros" super-literally and feigning outrage over it.  Similar to how you just write an entire novel based on taking other parts of my post super-literally.  I don't know how you function when you get triggered by modest exaggeration.

Whether the original debate was about Brie Joy doxxing journalists or Bernie supporters harassing the WFP, it's really immaterial.  The point is nobody appreciates you interrupting every single Atlas discussion on this subject with tangential phony-outrage hysteria.

I don't really care or pretend to know whether or not you support telling WFP members to get cancer and die like your fellow Bernie Bros.  The point is that the appropriate response is not to write a 500-page belligerent diatribe about how all of Atlas is sexist for calling these dummies "Bernie Bros"

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2019, 04:11:42 PM »

Keep fighting the good fight against communism, GeneralMacArthur. I hope you won't surrender like your namesake did, and if god forbid Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, I hope you consider putting country over party.

What?  MacArthur got sacked by Truman because he wanted to use nuclear weapons against China when they intervened on the North Korean side of the Korean War.  He also wanted to send heavy arms to Taiwan so they could launch a simultaneous invasion of the mainland.  How is that "surrendering"?  The man got fired for being too ardently anti-communist.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »

And with this, I rest my case.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2019, 06:47:30 PM »

No one here has crossed the line yet, but as a general warning, users who wrack up numerous infracted posts on a thread in a short interval, especially if said post is part of a broader exchange that derails the thread and takes time out of my day to clean up, can be subject to a short mute or moderator review from such thread.  

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

Bidenbros like GM are part of why I will never vote for Biden in the general.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

Loud and clear. I don't expect things to escalate from here, seeing as I've said my piece.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »

I mean you are just feeding into the typical BernieBro stereotype by helping to hand Trump a victory in 2020. And BTW, Biden Bros doesn't work because Biden does BETTER with women than men. Just because he happens to have male supporters on a male-dominated forum does not make it any more of a thing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2019, 08:09:14 PM »

Did they also do the Mayo Pete dance?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »

I mean you are just feeding into the typical BernieBro stereotype by helping to hand Trump a victory in 2020. And BTW, Biden Bros doesn't work because Biden does BETTER with women than men. Just because he happens to have male supporters on a male-dominated forum does not make it any more of a thing.

Biden Bros doesn't work because Biden supporters didn't send hundreds of e-mails to Michael Dukakis telling him to kill himself when he endorsed Warren over Biden.

And if they did, you would be totally shocked, because that kind of behavior is only characteristic of ONE campaign.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2019, 09:12:21 PM »

I mean you are just feeding into the typical BernieBro stereotype by helping to hand Trump a victory in 2020.

I don't care.  Bernie's not even my first choice in the primary, but, y'know, stick to your narrative.

And BTW, Biden Bros doesn't work because Biden does BETTER with women than men. Just because he happens to have male supporters on a male-dominated forum does not make it any more of a thing.

The SJWs supporting Clinton were the ones who said that merely running against a woman is sexism.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2019, 10:17:28 PM »

Well look at that, the Sanders campaign did in fact denounce the protesters.
Color me shocked, good for them.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2019, 10:21:27 PM »

And if they did, you would be totally shocked, because that kind of behavior is only characteristic of ONE campaign.

Well, yes, but since when was this a thread about the Harris cult?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2019, 02:05:23 AM »

The SJWs supporting Clinton were the ones who said that merely running against a woman is sexism.

Both of them?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2019, 02:16:45 AM »

Both of them?

Maybe only 2 were billionaires.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies