Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12278 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 03:35:27 AM »
« edited: November 26, 2019, 03:53:51 AM by punching violence in the face »

Not particularly. The incompetence of the corporate establishment (including a media that, if it's not a propaganda outfit, values profits and "appearing fair" over actual journalism) is the main factor. There are many factors, some of which Hillary was right and wrong about. However, the Shadows-types made an infinitesimal impact on the primary, especially compared to the rigidly technocratic campaign of the Clintons and the turn towards #NeverTrumpers (rather than progressives in the Midwest).

The Hill's "Rising" is Fox & Friends for Bernie Sanders. I have no idea what their commentary is even going to be once he drops out.

Right. The major difference between Rising and Fox and Friends/MSNBC (which really is Fox News for wine moms) that Rising has little reach. What major moments it's had come from Bernie supporters re-affirming their beliefs.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 11:03:28 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2019, 11:10:48 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Pete Buttigieg was trying to have a nice event where some black community leaders in South Bend would talk about why they like him and support him.  

Team Sanders decided to crash the event.  They showed up outside with their "Bernie 2020" signs and bravely protested the black women trying to say nice things about DNC corporate establishment empty-suit tool Pete Buttigieg.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.  Pretty much as soon as the black women started speaking, he started shouting idiotic nonsense and shut her down.  After snatching the microphone, having it wrestled away from him, and then wriggling away from everyone and running around the room like a child, he led a chant that his fellow Bernie supporters joined in on:  THIS IS A FARCE!  THIS IS A FARCE!  THIS IS A FARCE!

Watch all the cringey progressive activism in the video below!

Anyone think Bernie will apologize or denounce this behavior?  LOL of course not.  He has no class.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 11:07:57 PM »

Why won't more black people vote for Bernieeeeeeeeeee??
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 11:11:37 PM »

Just three more months of this nonsense. Maybe just two if his inevitable loss in IA erodes his gains in NH.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

Just three more months of this nonsense. Maybe just two if his inevitable loss in IA erodes his gains in NH.

Just to quote myself from the other thread...

As if Sanders is ever going to drop out.

His secondary goal in this race, short of winning, is to:

Amass a large bloc of delegates
Whip them up into an anti-DNC frenzy with allegations that progressives are being cheated, that the party is writing right-wing positions into the platform, etc.
Threaten to have them cause a big mess on live television
Blackmail the party into giving into his demands about platform positions and kissing his ass

He'll stick around until the end so that in the late contests, once the nominee has already been decided, people can use him as a protest vote and give him a small but nominal amount of delegates.  Even if he loses the June 6 Virgin Islands Caucus 80-20 that's still one more floor delegate.

I'd say I hope the DNC won't give him what he demands like they did in 2016, since as we saw then he's not actually gonna do a damn thing to stop his supporters from embarrassing the party... but this is Tom Perez we're talking about.

I guarantee you that if Bernie wins any delegates in Indiana, that guy in the BLM t-shirt would be at the convention.  This is who his team picks.  This is the kind of behavior they want.

These are the people who four years ago organized a "fart-in" to protest Clinton's nomination, stormed and occupied a CNN tent, posted conspiracy theories about Wi-Fi routers being "white noise machines" to drown out their obnoxious chants while civil rights heroes and veterans were speaking, and then protested by putting tape-gags reading "SILENCED" over their mouths and posting selfies on Twitter.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 02:44:25 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 02:48:24 AM by W »

no one here is even wearing a bernie pin much less holding a sign some of the protestors in the back of the room conveniently excluded from this footage are black and that the author of the linked twitter thread is hiding replies pointing out the prior 2 discrepancies, the twitter thread author must protect peter montgomery-buttigieg from tricky things like the truth! y'know, this rich kid mayor who fired the black police chief after a shooting of an unarmed black man because he was collecting evidence of racism in the south bend pd, the rhodes scholar mayor who said he "didn't notice" the segregation in south bend schools until several years into office, the mayor who couldn't even take a stand when a cop started openly mocking eric gardner and the "i can't breathe" movement by selling "breathe freely" shirts. the same pete who is subtlely under the table passing data on to the press claiming he doesn't have much black support because they're homophobic. not even mentioning the kenyan stock image or fake endorsements. pete has an atrocious record on race that will cloud him throughout this primary. obviously these protestors overstepped and i will not even try to fight the losing battle of defending their idiocy, but for the pete patrol on twitter or supporters of any candidate to blanket them as bernie bros bc everybody i dont like in politics with a lefty kick is a bernie broTM is absurd, as it would be with any other candidate in this race. sure, some probably personally support bernie but that says nothing about bernie as a candidate or the several million supporters of his who didn't make buffoons of themselves in that room.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 05:58:25 AM »

Nice try, OP, but Pete has only 2% of the black vote.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 06:17:49 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 07:47:27 AM by punching violence in the face »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »

Is the OP implying that it’s better for black people to protest, shout at, and shut down white people than the opposite??
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2019, 10:12:19 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 10:19:46 AM by punching violence in the face »

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2019, 10:17:57 AM »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 10:59:08 AM by Tintrlvr »

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".

Who said "Bernie Bro" implies being white? And who is calling women "Bernie Bros"? For someone who complained a lot about hyper-woke Harris supporters, this is hyper-wokeness taken to an extreme. And it actually is racist to make this argument; frankly, you seem not to understand why calling someone a "house n-word" isn't okay if you're going to make the ludicrous claim that "Bernie Bro" is an equivalent.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »

Yikes, bernie bros do go to far in many cases.

I like Bernie, and I like some of his fans, but so many of his fans are desperate and vile.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »

This guy did a great job drawing attention to the fact that Pete B has black supporters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »

I love the old lady who raises her cane. That's a true FF. That boy was due for an asswhooping. LMAO the guy at the end is twice as tall as that dude as he's being pushed out. This was cringe-binge material if I've ever seen it. Holy crap that's some A+ content there.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

Not any dumber than using the term in the first place. I'm not sure how else anyone expects Sanders' supporters to respond. It deserves to be ridiculed as an atempt to short-circuit discussion by appealing to a crude, sexist stereotype.

You can take umbrage at the stereotype all you want but portraying it as "racist" or "sexist" is so idiotic it strikes me as an equally bad faith attempt to "short-circuit" discussion by invoking oppression.

Most stereotypes are crude. Most candidates have stereotypes applied to their bases and, of course, because a stereotype by definition condenses a group of people into a single, unidimensional image of a single person, a lot of detail about each candidate's base gets washed out.

So perhaps Bernie supporters can try to address the stereotype without retreating to a position of being oppressed? Especially because the person in question who always levies this attack is, himself, not a woman or a minority. I would call it intellectually lazy if it didn't require such mental gymnastics. At the very least it's embarrassing.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 11:29:54 AM »

Guys I'm gonna say a slur

"B****e B*o"

This thread is what people mean when they talk about snowflakes lol
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 12:09:33 PM »

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:58:26 PM by Speaker YE »

Guys I'm gonna say a slur

"B****e B*o"

This thread is what people mean when they talk about snowflakes lol

You really are the worst poster on the right, aren't you?

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »

People shouldn’t be criticized for who their voters are; they should be criticized for what their policies are.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »

SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »

Nah. It's 100% true.

Who said "Bernie Bro" implies being white? And who is calling women "Bernie Bros"? For someone who complained a lot about hyper-woke Harris supporters, this is hyper-wokeness taken to an extreme. And it actually is racist to make this argument; frankly, you seem not to understand why calling someone a "house n-word" isn't okay if you're going to make the ludicrous claim that "Bernie Bro" is an equivalent.

The guy who coined the term did. It was satirical at first, but the way people use the two terms is exactly the same.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 06:34:00 PM by Speaker YE »

You'll have to forgive sawx.  He's still suffering PTSD from when I paraphrased him in a quote four months ago.

You know damn well what you were trying to do was slanderous.

Don't blame me because you have all the thorns of Landslide Lyndon and none of the intelligence.

You know, I still have that quote saved in my profile.  And I'm getting pretty sick of you lying about it to make me look bad.

Dear Atlas:  Here is the "slanderous" quote, which at the time I jokingly attributed to sawx as a paraphrase of his argument.  This is the quote that sawx has, in dozens of posts over the last four months, been using to gaslight y'all into believing I'm such a horrible guy:

Quote from: GeneralMacarthur
well, well, well, uh, well TECHNICALLY it wasn't just MEN who told her to get cancer, um, it was also women!  So you're a SEXIST!  gotcha, bernie 2020

the context is, some Bernie Bros sent letters to the Working Families Party chairwoman, after she endorsed Warren, telling her to get cancer and die.  sawx said the real problem was people using the term "Bernie Bros."
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »

Nah. It's 100% true.

The guy who coined the term did. It was satirical at first, but the way people use the two terms is exactly the same.

Stop trying to wiggle out of this. Please tell me what you think is offensive about "house n-word". And then tell me how those same things are true about "Bernie bro". Let's not beat around the bush here: You claimed that calling someone a "Bernie bro" is equivalent to and equally as offensive as calling someone a "house n-word". I want it on the record what you think is offensive about "house n-word" and why you think the two terms are equivalent so that we can all laugh at you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies