Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:32:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12275 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2019, 12:33:33 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2019, 02:26:56 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2019, 03:27:19 AM »

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.

I don't know why people keep expecting me to be a doormat and not call out bullsh*t when I see it but you need to get with the program.  There are users on this site you can bully around, and they'll just meekly take it, but I am not one of them.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2019, 03:54:23 AM »

Probably my most controversial opinion on this site is that I like GeneralMacArthur, and that's saying a lot because the Political Compass puts me at +8.5 to the right.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2019, 07:42:30 AM »

I don't know why people keep expecting me to be a doormat and not call out bullsh*t when I see it but you need to get with the program.  There are users on this site you can bully around, and they'll just meekly take it, but I am not one of them.

I see Atlas's resident projectionist is triggered again.

Nothing to see here, move on.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »

Oh please, you are the biggest bully on this site and you know it. You shop around on Twitter for things to be outraged about and then bring that anger here, demanding that users "disavow" the behavior of people who share even the smallest sliver of their political views. I get that you're mad and I understand your reasons for hating Sanders' supporters on social media, but the moment you brought that bile into this forum and turned it against people who've never engaged in that sort of behavior, you discredited your entire argument. You need to stop playing the victim card and accept that your poor reputation on this site is earned.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

Oh please, you are the biggest bully on this site and you know it. You shop around on Twitter for things to be outraged about and then bring that anger here, demanding that users "disavow" the behavior of people who share even the smallest sliver of their political views. I get that you're mad and I understand your reasons for hating Sanders' supporters on social media, but the moment you brought that bile into this forum and turned it against people who've never engaged in that sort of behavior, you discredited your entire argument. You need to stop playing the victim card and accept that your poor reputation on this site is earned.

Not to mention falsely accusing others of supporting said social behavior with no proof/evidence.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2019, 01:06:07 PM »

First of all, I don't trawl Twitter for things to be outraged about.  The Sanders supporters taking the microphone from black women at a Buttigieg event?  The campaign had to disavow that a few days later.  Breaking into a Buttigieg fundraiser's home?  The campaign had to disavow that.  Endorsing Cenk Uygur?  Sanders had to withdraw his endorsement the very next day.  These are things happening in the real world that are having a real impact on the Sanders campaign.  You might as well accuse the campaign itself of trawling Twitter to find things to apologize for.

Now let's talk about bullying.  You and sawx follow me into every single Sanders thread like dogs to hound me about what a terrible guy I am and derail the thread with vicious personal attacks.  Then when I call you out for it you go "no bully, no bully, you're the bully!"

Like none of this would happen if you would just buzz off.  Honestly I wish a moderator would step in and stop you from following me around everywhere.  The conversation on Atlas would be a lot better if you and sawx's tag-team-harassment posts were just deleted as soon as you start with this crap.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »

Probably my most controversial opinion on this site is that I like GeneralMacArthur, and that's saying a lot because the Political Compass puts me at +8.5 to the right.
Yeah. About GeneralMacArthur.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »

Does General MacArthur really need his own thread to endlessly post anti-Sanders tweets from Donut Twitter into?  He's never going to clean his mom's basement room at this rate. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2019, 01:35:10 PM »

By the way, I've been accused of posting these "Twitter controversies" so that I can push other users into disavowing them.

So let's go back to the original post I made to begin this megathread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=347606.msg7078040#msg7078040

No mentions of other users at all.  But the second reply is sawx derailing the thread with his usual avalanche of nasty personal attacks.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »

Does General MacArthur really need his own thread to endlessly post anti-Sanders tweets from Donut Twitter into?  He's never going to clean his mom's basement room at this rate. 

More personal attacks and harassment.  It's exactly the same as 2016.  The Bernie Bros dominated the discourse by attacking and attacking and attacking other Democrats until we all got sick of it and abandoned social media.  Real nasty people!
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2019, 02:51:18 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2019, 02:54:31 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

By the way, I've been accused of posting these "Twitter controversies" so that I can push other users into disavowing them.

No mentions of other users at all.  But the second reply is sawx derailing the thread with his usual avalanche of nasty personal attacks.

Rent free.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »

No mentions of other users at all.  But the second reply is sawx derailing the thread with his usual avalanche of nasty personal attacks.

Rent free.

Wow!  Makes sense.  Someone paying rent would have a clue about why Bernie Sanders is the guy. 
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »

Rent free.

Wow!  Makes sense.  Someone paying rent would have a clue about why Bernie Sanders is the guy. 

I mean I do and I live rent-free in MacArthur's head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2019, 05:02:41 PM »

Today, I saw a Bernie Bro on social media insist that Obama should have been impeached.

So that's how they are approaching the Trump impeachment apparently.

Are you sure it wasn't one of those pro-Bernie 2016 Russian bots that was just reactivated for next year's election?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »

Today, I saw a Bernie Bro on social media insist that Obama should have been impeached.

So that's how they are approaching the Trump impeachment apparently.

Are you sure it wasn't one of those pro-Bernie 2016 Russian bots that was just reactivated for next year's election?

Unfortunately it was not. The account is owned by a real life American voter Sad
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »

I saw this Bernie Bro account named "Noam Chomsky" of "MIT" claim that Obama would have been hanged at Nuremberg
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2019, 12:07:50 AM »

I saw this Bernie Bro account named "Noam Chomsky" of "MIT" claim that Obama would have been hanged at Nuremberg

It's a very Chomsky sentiment.

The problem for that type is that the median primary voter is a 50 year old black woman whose plates all have Barack Obama's face on them.

Obama hostility does not play with big chunks of the party.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2019, 01:33:47 AM »

My favorite Chomsky story is how he was in complete denial about the Cambodian Genocide from the very start.  Later he would try to blame it on the United States while simultaneously defending the brutal torture and murder of 2 million people.

Chomsky was so adamant that Pol Pot was a great communist hero that he convinced one of his friends and colleagues, Dr. Malcolm Caldwell, to go to Cambodia on a fact-finding mission, meet with Pol Pot, and report back the truth!  Caldwell was murdered by Pol Pot shortly after arriving.

Chomsky's entire shtick is to play six-degrees-of-separation to blame everything on America.  But you don't have to play any degrees of separation to see the blood on Chomsky's hands.  He is directly responsible for the death of Malcolm Caldwell and to this day it's just a forgotten part of Chomsky's bio.

The better question is whether the blood of innocent Cambodians, and the horror that was the Cambodian Genocide, should be on the hands of Chomsky and his pro-communism left-wing academic cohort, who worked so feverishly to turn public opinion against any sort of intervention to stop the bloodshed, and to convince the public that the killing fields were fake news.

https://quillette.com/2018/07/15/devastation-and-denial-cambodia-and-the-academic-left/
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2019, 11:31:40 AM by Priest of Moloch »

The better question is whether the blood of innocent Cambodians, and the horror that was the Cambodian Genocide, should be on the hands of Chomsky and his pro-communism left-wing academic cohort, who worked so feverishly to turn public opinion against any sort of intervention to stop the bloodshed, and to convince the public that the killing fields were fake news.
i made it up you freak. chomsky doesn't have a twitter account and he delivered that speech about Nuremberg in 1990, so obama isn't in it. don't post quillette articles at me about it
James Monroe

« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »

My favorite Chomsky story is how he was in complete denial about the Cambodian Genocide from the very start.  Later he would try to blame it on the United States while simultaneously defending the brutal torture and murder of 2 million people.

Chomsky was so adamant that Pol Pot was a great communist hero that he convinced one of his friends and colleagues, Dr. Malcolm Caldwell, to go to Cambodia on a fact-finding mission, meet with Pol Pot, and report back the truth!  Caldwell was murdered by Pol Pot shortly after arriving.

Chomsky's entire shtick is to play six-degrees-of-separation to blame everything on America.  But you don't have to play any degrees of separation to see the blood on Chomsky's hands.  He is directly responsible for the death of Malcolm Caldwell and to this day it's just a forgotten part of Chomsky's bio.

https://quillette.com/2018/07/15/devastation-and-denial-cambodia-and-the-academic-left/

Noam Chomsky has been undermining American democracy by pinning for totalitarian communist regimes that go against his ideas of freedom. Gesse, talk about a hypocrite! It's this naiveness from the academic left that boggles my brain, as they would've been the first people to be suppressed under Mao Zedong or Pol Pot. For christ sake look at Pol Pot anti-intellectual suppression of the cultural class that was part of his extermination plan to wiped out the vast majority of Cambodia population. This kind of dangerous antagonistic traits of the anti-American left has infiltrated the right-wing with the pro-Russian demagogue in the White House. Noam sure is likely to go bat for Vladimir Putin against the evil imperialist NATO.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2020, 10:23:58 AM by MissScarlett »

I'm very suspicious of the motivations of people who claim to be for a party but spend everyday making money trashing its members. So I'm on the side of they're totally toxic

The Rising - Krystal Balls relationship with John Solomon/Sean Hannity/Tucker Carlsen
John Solomon is close friends with Sean Hannity and now works at Fox News and he was previously editor-in-chief at the Washington Times, a newspaper owned by the far right leader Sun Myung-Moon.
For decades, Washington Times trafficked far right-wing conspiracies, glorified the Confederency, white nationalism and pushed climate change.

In mid-2017, Solomon moved to The Hill. Solomon was given free reign to publish Trump conspiracy theories which were used by Congress ranging from a fake Ukrainian Server conspiracy theory. So how does a far-right individual impact Bernie Sanders online media?

John Solomon, on the advise of Sean Hannity/Tucker Calrson (founder of daily caller), created The Rising - a show to reflect the anti-establishment Trumpian mood. Krystal Ball was a perfect fit. Solomon recruited Krystal Ball and gave her free reign to attack democrats on a daily basis. Krystal Ball has run segments attacking Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Biden, Beto O'Rourke, the list goes on and on but what you will never see is her talking about how a democrat is better than Trump if they're not called Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard. Like Fox News, the message is simple - crap on mainstream media, crap on democrats, divide and conquer.

The people she has failed to attack - Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard.
Guests of the show are either one of two groups - people who represent far right organisations linked to Sean Hannity/Tucker Carlsen or Bernie Sanders online media with the mutual goal of rotting the democratic party with daily attacks and smears. Tucker Carlsens - daily caller - is one of the number one sources of her guests where the remit is simple "promote Bernie/Tulsi - trash every democrat"

Democrats have requested to go on the show to confront Krystal Ball about her relationship with John Solomon as the rot is getting bigger and bigger and the only benefit to this rot is the Republican Party. Krystal agress to have them on but democrats claim the invitation is still waiting. Arguments on Twitter with Krystal and democrats claiming she's a fraud and corrupt has resulted in the BernieBros and YangGang defending Krystal despite the fact that she was employed by Solomon and her job is to create a rot in the democratic party.

Kyle Kulinski - The libertarian Racist making money everyday by trashing democrats.
Kyle Kulinski - one of the founders of the Justice Democrats - is a known libertarian racist. I can't post most of his remarks but his lack of respect for women, asians and anti-semitism resulted in his resignation from the Justice Democrats. Kyle advocates Fox News as a channel to go on and promote Bernie but also talk about the corruption that exists in the democratic party.

However on a daily basis, Kyle runs a podcast - similar to Ball - trashing every democrat that isn't named Tulsi Gabbard or Bernie Sanders - and even advocates for primary challenges to virtually every democrat in the field. With each primary challenge, they push and continue the same narrative that
- The democratic party is corrupt.
- This democrat voting block or that democratic voting block takes your vote for granted
- The DNC is rigging the primary.

The online media behave the same way as John Solomon, Tucker Carlsen and Sean Hannity
- Create a conspiracy and just repeat it every single day!!!
- By creating conspiracies and pandering to the far left, you divide democrats into voting blocks and they either abstain from voting for the democratic nominee or vote 3rd party and Republicans win.
- The likes of Kyle Kulinkski, Krystal Ball can then say that democrats are blocking Bernie etc and re-run the same conspiracies and the rot just gets bigger and bigger and eventually it will break.

The more money/the more subscribers these online platforms have, the more they can push the same narrative that the democratic party is very, very bad and Republicans will win. This is a long term project for them but I have a feeling with this primary its going to be accelerated as the fight for delegates begin.

(Happy to post links to any sources of information in this thread)

If Bernie Sanders supporters or others think its good for the party why is it good to spread conspiracy theories and spend EVERYDAY trashing any democrat not named Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard and also advocating for virtually all democrats in congress to be primaried?
weixiaobao
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »

How much of these sources do you watch?  I feel like your explanation of why Kyle quit is wrong.  It was well documented that he quit for Cenk Uygur.  Because you are really wrong on that (base on my information so far so you can corrected me if I am the wrong one), that I don't know about the rest of the post in regard to information that I don't know.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2020, 11:49:01 AM by President Johnson »

Toxic, big time. I mean, a decent number of these guys even think Liz is a sellout and they have shown insane hatred toward mainsteam Democrats who are center-left instead of far-left.

My biggest reservations with Bernie and his campaign is actually not Bernie himself, it's a very loud group among his supporters and certain figures he surrounds himself with.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies