Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12273 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »

This is eerily similar to the type of crap Trump supporters said after Charlottesville.
“Oh not all Sanders supporters...”
“Oh I don’t have to condemn that because it doesn’t apply to me...”
“But (insert name here)”

Enough is enough.
If a Buttigieg supporter did this at a Sanders event, people would be calling for blood (figuratively)

The thing you're missing is that Trump actually supports an ideology that logically calls for violence and bigotry. Sanders does not. Obviously people doing bad things in the name of Sanders or Trump are both bad--f*ing duh--but the difference is in ideology. But I guess the centrists on here don't understand "ideology" and the context that causes.

But if people want to carry on with some idiotic "horseshoe theory" narrative, sure, I can't stop you, it's a free country! (That is, unless the fascist right wins more power due to not being stopped by a left-wing movement looking for meaningful change. Hopefully not! Smiley )
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2019, 07:31:39 PM »

If it were actually a generally accepted rule that one had to disavow all stupid behavior by those who agree with their political beliefs in order to be taken seriously, Joe Biden would've had to "condemn" you a thousand times over by this point.

The last thread I posted about this kind of behavior, the Sanders campaign did end up denouncing their own supporters.

Because Macarthur is generally possessed of a psychotic hatred of Sanders and would likely vpte for Trump if he were nominated?

I think I've said several times on this forum that I would vote for Sanders, or any Democratic nominee, over Donald Trump, and wouldn't think twice about it.  But I'll say it again.  There is zero doubt in my mind that I would vote for Bernie Sanders over Donald Trump.

I would even enthusiastically campaign for Bernie Sanders and go door-to-door lying to people that his policies are good and he'll be a great president.

Hopefully he doesn't win the nomination so I don't have to do that.

Why don't I believe you?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »

If it were actually a generally accepted rule that one had to disavow all stupid behavior by those who agree with their political beliefs in order to be taken seriously, Joe Biden would've had to "condemn" you a thousand times over by this point.

The last thread I posted about this kind of behavior, the Sanders campaign did end up denouncing their own supporters.

Because Macarthur is generally possessed of a psychotic hatred of Sanders and would likely vpte for Trump if he were nominated?

I think I've said several times on this forum that I would vote for Sanders, or any Democratic nominee, over Donald Trump, and wouldn't think twice about it.  But I'll say it again.  There is zero doubt in my mind that I would vote for Bernie Sanders over Donald Trump.

I would even enthusiastically campaign for Bernie Sanders and go door-to-door lying to people that his policies are good and he'll be a great president.

Why don't I believe you?

Because you have a demonized image of me in your brain that bears almost no resemblance to the actual me.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2019, 07:35:10 PM »

Why don't I believe you?

Because you have a demonized image of me in your brain that bears almost no resemblance to the actual me.

I'd say that given your obsession with hating Sanders like he killed your dog or something, it's far from inaccuarate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2019, 07:37:14 PM »

The thing you're missing is that Trump actually supports an ideology that logically calls for violence and bigotry. Sanders does not. Obviously people doing bad things in the name of Sanders or Trump are both bad--f*ing duh--but the difference is in ideology. But I guess the centrists on here don't understand "ideology" and the context that causes.

That BS reminds me of some communism apologists here in Europe who say that Nazism and Communism aren't the same because the latter didn't support genocide and ethnic cleansing.
Who cares when in practice millions of people died or were forcibly relocated by Stalin, Mao, or Pol Pot?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »

I think some of Sanders' supporters are more of an issue than him or his stance on the issues.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2019, 07:47:06 PM »

Why don't I believe you?

I'd say that given your obsession with hating Sanders like he killed your dog or something, it's far from inaccuarate.

Sanders is the leader of a movement battling the Democratic Party from the inside with extremist policies and tactics and a neverending avalanche of bad-faith demands and arguments.  It's a whole group of people trying to tear the party apart and create a left-wing tea party.  And there's a big social media and alternative media pipeline trying to push young people into this movement.  They lie and lie and lie to foster a hatred for Democrats in the minds of progressive-minded young people.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.  I think he's a big threat to the party and needs to be taken down.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »

Sanders is the leader of a movement battling the Democratic Party from the inside with extremist policies and tactics and a neverending avalanche of bad-faith demands and arguments.  It's a whole group of people trying to tear the party apart and create a left-wing tea party.  And there's a big social media and alternative media pipeline trying to push young people into this movement.  They lie and lie and lie to foster a hatred for Democrats in the minds of progressive-minded young people.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.  I think he's a big threat to the party and needs to be taken down.

It says a lot that I agree with everything you said but I still think you're the most obnoxious poster on this site.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2019, 07:57:38 PM »

Why don't I believe you?

"Stupid lefites! Shut up and get back in line like you're told!"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »

The only problem so far is that this kind of rhetoric is more prevalent among Sanders supporters.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2019, 08:03:58 PM »

who cares about this
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »

The only problem so far is that this kind of rhetoric is more prevalent among Sanders supporters.

Given your own well-known Sanders hate psychosis, you're not in any real position to talk.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2019, 08:12:27 PM »

Given your own well-known Sanders hate psychosis, you're not in any real position to talk.

Neither are you and the other Sanders cultists.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2019, 08:13:26 PM »

"Sanders supporters should shut up and never queation the Democratic Party."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »

Dude, I know you hate to hear it but there are people out there who disagree ideologically with you God King Emperor. The fact that he and his supporters are insufferable sanctimonious assholes is incidental. They could have been the nicest guys in the world and I'd still oppose them.
Now, if you think that makes me worse than Hitler, that's your opinion.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2019, 08:19:43 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2019, 08:27:27 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

It says a lot that I agree with everything you said but I still think you're the most obnoxious poster on this site.

You can either lie down and let them walk over you, or you can put yourself out there and take all the abuse and bullying that this board is known for.  In 2016, Clinton supporters all over the internet were bullied into silence, or fled to enormous private Facebook groups, leaving Sanders supporters to dominate the conversation through the general election with nobody pushing back and nobody calling them out.

I mean look at this thread.  All I did was post what happened with barely any editorializing.  And immediately got a dozen posts telling me what an awful poster I am and how dare I even post about this event.  As if supporters of a presidential candidate breaking into a private home to interrupt another candidate's fundraiser isn't even newsworthy.  Imagine if Trump supporters did this.

At a certain point, abuse from progressives is just the boy who cried wolf.  They label everyone who dares to criticize Sanders/Warren/AOC the worst person ever and try to harass him/her off the site.  Like I don't care.  This happens when you engage in political arguments with bad-faith posters.  They're going to be extremely disingenuous, and mock you, and lie about you.  My posts stand on their own.

I actually like how Pete handles this at his events.  The Sanders crew has been showing up to every Pete event to shout and wave signs and banners with lies and calling him all sorts of nasty names.  He just talks down to them like the children they are, calmly refutes their arguments, and lets it roll off him.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »

Dude, I know you hate to hear it but there are people out there who disagree ideologically with you God King Emperor. The fact that he and his supporters are insufferable sanctimonious assholes is incidental. They could have been the nicest guys in the world and I'd still oppose them.
Now, if you think that makes me worse than Hitler, that's your opinion.

Right back at ya, mate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »

You can either lie down and let them walk over you, or you can put yourself out there and take all the abuse and bullying that this board is known for.

I mean look at this thread.  All I did was post what happened with barely any editorializing.  And immediately got a dozen posts telling me what an awful poster I am and how dare I even post about this event.  As if supporters of a presidential candidate breaking into a private home to interrupt another candidate's fundraiser isn't even newsworthy.  Imagine if Trump supporters did this.

At a certain point, abuse from progressives is just the boy who cried wolf.  They label everyone who dares to criticize Sanders/Warren/AOC the worst person ever and try to harass him/her off the site.  Like I don't care.  This happens when you engage in political arguments with bad-faith posters.  They're going to be extremely disingenuous, and mock you, and lie about you.  My posts stand on their own.

I actually like how Pete handles this at his events.  The Sanders crew has been showing up to every Pete event to shout and wave signs and banners with lies and calling him all sorts of nasty names.  He just talks down to them like the children they are, calmly refutes their arguments, and lets it roll off him.

Please do explain why the US can't have universal healthcare like every single other developed country in the world.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »

This is eerily similar to the type of crap Trump supporters said after Charlottesville.
“Oh not all Sanders supporters...”
“Oh I don’t have to condemn that because it doesn’t apply to me...”
“But (insert name here)”

Enough is enough.
If a Buttigieg supporter did this at a Sanders event, people would be calling for blood (figuratively)

But if people want to carry on with some idiotic "horseshoe theory" narrative, sure, I can't stop you, it's a free country! (That is, unless the fascist right wins more power due to not being stopped by a left-wing movement looking for meaningful change. Hopefully not! Smiley )
When the **** did I say the two were the same?
I only drew a comparison between the excuses Trump cultists and Sanders cultists use to justify violence/general assholery.

Yes I get that they are different, but that doesn’t justify this behavior by any means. If a Buttigieg supporter pulled these charades, I would be pissed as well.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »

LOL! You don't have the slightest idea.
Mate.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2019, 08:40:57 PM »

Please do explain why the US can't have universal healthcare like every single other developed country in the world.

This is the kind of disingenuous argument I'm talking about.

A
The Democratic Party has been pushing universal health care since at least the Carter administration, when Kennedy and Carter battled over it.  Hillary Clinton pushed a universal health care bill in 1993.  Barack Obama wanted a public option in the ACA, and in fact this was passed by Pelosi and the house.  Hillary Clinton ran on a public option in 2016, and nearly every candidate is running on some variation of a public option (including, now, Warren).

B
Bernie likes to lie that "every single other developed country in the world" has single payer, like his M4A plan.  This is completely false.  Only the UK, Canada, Taiwan, and South Korea have single-payer systems, and these are very different from Bernie's proposed system.  When you think of countries like Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France, etc. these have wildly different health care systems but all have some combination of public and private insurance for public and private hospitals and providers.  They vary in the degree of utilization for government services.  But they are all far more similar to the systems proposed by Biden, Buttigieg, Clinton, Obama, etc. than to what Bernie has proposed.

So yes, I want us to have universal health care similar to what the vast majority of developed nations have.  That's why I support Biden and defend Buttigieg.  A public option is universal health care.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »

You can either lie down and let them walk over you, or you can put yourself out there and take all the abuse and bullying that this board is known for.

Many of these other countries also have private health insurance. Additionally, Sanders’ Medicare for all plan covers a lot more than nearly any other country’s single payer plan. Of course let’s ignore all of that for no reason.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »

A
The Democratic Party has been pushing universal health care since at least the Carter administration, when Kennedy and Carter battled over it.  Hillary Clinton pushed a universal health care bill in 1993.  Barack Obama wanted a public option in the ACA, and in fact this was passed by Pelosi and the house.  Hillary Clinton ran on a public option in 2016, and nearly every candidate is running on some variation of a public option (including, now, Warren).

B
Bernie likes to lie that "every single other developed country in the world" has single payer, like his M4A plan.  This is completely false.  Only the UK, Canada, Taiwan, and South Korea have single-payer systems, and these are very different from Bernie's proposed system.  When you think of countries like Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France, etc. these have wildly different health care systems but all have some combination of public and private insurance for public and private hospitals and providers.  They vary in the degree of utilization for government services.  But they are all far more similar to the systems proposed by Biden, Buttigieg, Clinton, Obama, etc. than to what Bernie has proposed.

So yes, I want us to have universal health care similar to what the vast majority of developed nations have.  That's why I support Biden and defend Buttigieg.  A public option is universal health care.

You honestly think either of your Gods will actually do anything for a public option?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »

This entire thread is reason #93485739458734 why I think the Dems have already blown this election.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:08 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2019, 09:09:17 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

A

B

You honestly think either of your Gods will actually do anything for a public option?

Hmm let's see.  On the one hand you have Joe Biden, who was VP in the administration that expended 100% of its political capital trying to get universal health care done, and Nancy Pelosi who passed universal health care in the House.

On the other you have a guy who's introduced the same plan every year for the last 40 years with zero effort to actually flesh it out, add any practical/financial details, or build support for it.  A guy who, when asked how he would get it passed in Congress, couldn't come up with an answer better than "a big movement to force Republicans to join us."  And a plan that even Elizabeth Warren, who is far more intelligent than Bernie, couldn't figure out how to realistically pay for -- in fact she tanked her campaign trying to do so.

Who is more likely to actually get done what they promise on health care?  Surely you can see why I believe it's the former.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies