Did Nancy Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment to interfere in the primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:44:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Did Nancy Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment to interfere in the primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Nancy Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment to interfere in the primary -- to be more precise: to help Biden win the early states.
Yes

Yes, and it's despicable! I want my fave candidate to kick up a fuss about it, too!

No, the timing is a coincidence

No, and this is a Republican/Russian talking point designed to divide the Dems

Michael Bennet must be stopped

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Did Nancy Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment to interfere in the primary?  (Read 768 times)
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »

Nancy Pelosi has signed the articles of impeachment, meaning that very soon the four Democratic Senators seeking the nomination -- Progressive Icons Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, Moderate Maverick Michael Bennet, and also Amy Klobuchar -- will soon see a huge chunk of their schedule occupied by the trial in the senate. Thus keeping them off the campaign trail.

Question is, was this timed purposely to help Joe Biden? The frontrunner will not see his schedule change. Was this a deliberate move to 'clear the field'?
Cinemark

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »

No. If she wanted to interfere, she would have submitted the articles last week which would have forced the debate to be rescheduled after Iowa.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

No. Can we not wade into conspiracies again, please?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:43:13 PM »

What a ludicrous conspiracy theory.  Any Bernie Bros pushing this notion on Twitter should ask themselves why progressive truth-telling legends like Kevin McCarthy and Donald Trump Jr. are trying to help them.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 11:50:12 PM »

No. The impeachment proceedings came immediately after the disclosure of an attempt of Donald Trump to put military aid to Ukraine at risk so that he could get dirt on a possible opponent. The process was swift as possible, and she would have started it and managed it just as if it had been a blackmail for monetary gain. This impeachment absolutely had to be done as it was done.

She had to impeach the President even if the impeachment were inconvenient or ill-timed.  Anything else would have been dereliction of duty 
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »

A+ ****post.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 12:35:05 AM »

Well, she is devious enough to contrive something like that.
So, it's definitely possible.

I'd love to see hacked emails about that.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 12:45:58 AM »

Trump Jr and Kevin McCarthy point out the truth that the Berniecrats should rightfully be mad about, and thankfully I'm betting a decent amount of them will!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 12:49:29 AM »

If this was done to interfere, then it's the latest data-point in a long line of them that suggests our ancient party leadership is completely out-of-touch with the dynamics of elections, and is still living in the 20th century with respect to modi operandi.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »

If this was done to interfere, then it's the latest data-point in a long line of them that suggests our ancient party leadership is completely out-of-touch with the dynamics of elections, and is still living in the 20th century with respect to modi operandi.

Well, if you think that the impending Impeachment Trail starting on Tuesday won't influence the Iowa Caucus Result you are really blind here.

Sanders, Warren and to lesser extend Klobuchar are facing a dilemma. They want a "Fair Trail". However the more fairer that Trail gets, the more witnesses get called the less time Sanders and his two colleagues can spent on the Campaign Trail.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi basically has given the former Vice-President Biden a "Late Christmas Present" here. Biden can park himself in IA for the next two week unchallenged while Bernie, Elizabeth and Amy have to spent their precious time in Washington.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 10:48:28 AM »

I'm doubtful, but it was still a stupid gamble that backfired in her face.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 12:10:59 PM »

I'm doubtful, but it was still a stupid gamble that backfired in her face.
If Sanders loses IA lets say 23 % to 22 % to Joe Biden because of the Senate Impeachment Trail you can bet that there will be some bad blood between the Sanders Campaign and Speaker Pelosi especially if Bernies Supporters feel that the Speaker orchestrated this trying to rig the Democratic Primary in favour of Biden the same way former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz rigged it in favour of Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Cinemark

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 12:23:24 PM »

I think its funny that the only people trying to push the "Pelosi rigged impeachment to help Biden" argument are republicans.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »

I think its funny that the only people trying to push the "Pelosi rigged impeachment to help Biden" argument are republicans.

What Pelosi is doing ain't much different compared to what DWS did during the 2016 Primaries. Both are rigging the System for their preferred Candidate. For DWS that was Hillary, for Pelosi it's Biden.

The irony in all of this is that BOTH are absolutely frightened by Bernie Sanders and to lesser extend Elizabeth Warren. They think that Sanders/Warren can't beat Trump.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »

It really gets funny when Republicans will say both "The Senate trial date is designed to hurt Biden" and "The trial will sink Biden by drawing attention to his idiot son Hunter" at the same time. Like, pick a side!
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 02:25:05 AM »

No, and anyone who thinks so is an idiot. She clearly did so because she didn't want to bow to McConnell, which she would have been crucified by the base for doing.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 03:49:44 AM »

As a Sanders supporter, no, I don't think Pelosi did this to intentionally interfere with the primary. Sanders and Warren may both be Senators but their supporters will be no less galvanized during the trial than they were previously, and if they are it is due to factors other than the trial.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 03:54:25 AM »

Oh. People actually believe this horse****.

Life imitates art.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies