HR 21-07: Finalizing Freak Power Amendment (Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:03:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HR 21-07: Finalizing Freak Power Amendment (Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: HR 21-07: Finalizing Freak Power Amendment (Final Vote)  (Read 2470 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
« edited: December 21, 2019, 06:56:10 PM by Justice Blair »

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Aye

It seems that everyone has pretty much made their point and people still have time to make whatever points they want.

I don't really understanding the drive to have bills sitting around for months.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2019, 04:57:36 AM »

Aye
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »

Aye
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2019, 07:16:25 AM »

Debate is ended 5-4-0-0

Final vote

72 hours
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »

Nay

The amendment isn’t needed in this current form
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2019, 05:42:33 PM »

NAY
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2019, 06:04:06 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2019, 06:25:52 PM by Representative fhtagn »

72 hours to vote on ending debate passed before several votes came in. It is not time for a final vote.

Any votes after December 21, 2019, 07:28:08 pm, per the rules do not count towards this (so Thumb, Elcaspar, and Razze). The actual count is 2-4-0-0 per the time limit. With the floor still open.

If you are going to go with the presiding officer's power to suspend the rules on this (which you actually aren't the presiding officer of these threads anyway), I'm objecting to that suspension.  
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2019, 06:40:28 PM »

72 hours to vote on ending debate passed before several votes came in. It is not time for a final vote.

Any votes after December 21, 2019, 07:28:08 pm, per the rules do not count towards this (so Thumb, Elcaspar, and Razze). The actual count is 2-4-0-0 per the time limit. With the floor still open.

If you are going to go with the presiding officer's power to suspend the rules on this (which you actually aren't the presiding officer of these threads anyway), I'm objecting to that suspension.  

Do what you want, lol.

Pericles is on LOA which is why I was helping out.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2019, 07:03:51 PM »

Do what you want, lol.

I'm simply pointing out the rules. In any case, your opening of the final vote is not valid at this time.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2019, 07:07:20 PM »

Do what you want, lol.

I'm simply pointing out the rules. In any case, your opening of the final vote is not valid at this time.

I don't care about technicalities, but if you do, you have the right to.

Final vote is cancelled for now.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »

Ugh ok I motion for a final vote
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2019, 10:33:17 PM »

Objecting to the motion.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2019, 02:26:39 AM »

this is a bit ridiculous; a majority of house members want to move to a final vote & it seems strange to wait another 72 hours when we just had all 9 house members vote... but here I stand.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2019, 08:15:35 AM »

I'd just like to second this

thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2019, 08:16:07 AM »

Cloture vote

72 hours
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »

Aye
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2019, 01:47:16 PM »

Aye
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »

aye
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2019, 02:23:34 PM »

this is a bit ridiculous; a majority of house members want to move to a final vote & it seems strange to wait another 72 hours when we just had all 9 house members vote... but here I stand.

I know the Labor Party has made clear that they don't care about the rules, but they exist for a reason. You should be more upset that several of your party members didnt bother showing up despite clearly being able to participate elsewhere on the forum during that time.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »

I know the Labor Party has made clear that they don't care about the rules, but they exist for a reason. You should be more upset that several of your party members didnt bother showing up despite clearly being able to participate elsewhere on the forum during that time.

It'd be a little silly to pretend what you did was anything more than pedantry rather than an actual concern for the rules and why they exist, which should be to allow all representatives a voice.

Nevermind, enjoy your extra 72 hours of wasted time.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2019, 06:28:56 PM »

It'd be a little silly to pretend what you did was anything more than pedantry rather than an actual concern for the rules and why they exist, which should be to allow all representatives a voice.

Your side being full of inactive people who don't pay attention isn't my problem.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »

Your side being full of inactive people who don't pay attention isn't my problem.

Atleast you are now being honest about what this is about. The reason the rules exist is to make the voices of representatives heard, not for the benefit of your partisan talking points.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2019, 06:44:01 PM »

Atleast you are now being honest about what this is about. The reason the rules exist is to make the voices of representatives heard, not for the benefit of your partisan talking points.

The Labor Party literally changed the rules for the (very partisan) purpose of silencing people who bothered to make their voices heard.

I suggest looking at your fellow party members before pointing fingers next time.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2019, 06:49:26 PM »

The Labor Party literally changed the rules for the (very partisan) purpose of silencing people who bothered to make their voices heard.

I suggest looking at your fellow party members before pointing fingers next time.

Am I talking to a human or a talking points robot?

I'm not aware of the instance you are refering to but believe it or not, I don't agree with everyone in the Labour Party on every single thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies